ADVERTISEMENT

So with Jake announced as the starter

Hmmmm he hasn't been listed on the most recent injury report. I remember he had an ankle injury several weeks ago but he hasn't been listed on the IR since.
He was listed Kentucky and for Missouri. He did not travel with Kentucky and was listed as injured for Mizz.
“Defensive tackle Josh Belk continues to recover from an ankle injury.” Article from Oct 2nd before Mizz game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...-Jamyest-Williams-Chad-Terrell-122801705/Amp/

Reactions: rogue cock
He was listed Kentucky and for Missouri. He did not travel with Kentucky and was listed as injured for Mizz.
“Defensive tackle Josh Belk continues to recover from an ankle injury.” Article from Oct 2nd before Mizz game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...-Jamyest-Williams-Chad-Terrell-122801705/Amp/
Hadn't seen that one, thanks. I usually only see the IR updates on the coaches show the day after the game or during the Tuesday press conference.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
With two sacks and a fumble. Against a prevent.

Kinda hard to fault Scar in this case. The rest of the team had given up at that point and I'm sure he hadn't had many reps in practice that week, (or any week). He did a lot better against Mizzou after taking the majority of the snaps in practice the week leading up to the game. (Yes I know Mizzou's defense isn't on the same level as Ky.) Unfortunately, it looks like we're never gonna know how good he is, (or isn't) against a good defense unless Jake's knee doesn't hold up this week.

A&M isn't exactly a pass-defense juggernaut either. They're currently just inside Top 100, allowing over 244 YPG through the air. They have also played Clemson and Alabama, so those may be skewed a bit.

Bad news- they're 4th in the country in rush defense.
And they played Chad Hawgs who played their best game so I can assure you those numbers are skewed. Tua will wreck anyone's pass defense numbers if he keeps playing like he is.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
He was 4-6 against Kentucky. Thats as far as I went into looking up his record.
They said during the game that Scar had attempted or completed, but I think they said attempted a total of 4 passed in his 5yrs at USC. But even if it's completed there is something wrong with that? No matter who second string is they deserve some game time experience in case your starter goes out. I was shocked when I heard that statement.

Reactions: Heyward1
I thought Scar did a fine job against Mizzou, with that being said Mizzou doesnt have a great defense so do we really know how he will perform against a pretty dang good ATM D ? I'm pretty sure Bentley would have put up the same numbers against Mizzou if he played. Let Bentley start, hes earned it and let Scar come in if Bentley cant go or he starts stinking it up.

Reactions: cockofdawn
We're in a much better position than we were a week ago. The idea that Jake could sit if not productive and someone can come in who has lead the team to a victory versus a quality opponent is a big feather in our cap.

The staff had the perfect scenario not to play Bentley, still playing in a brace, and no one is mentioning a off week, coming up to really heal the injury and get rest.

Im also was curious to see Jake come on in a relief role like Connor in Missouri that time, in the brace, if needed

At the same time you can sense Jake knows what is up from his media appearance and hopefully we see our best Jake Bentley game of the year

Connor+Shaw+Lucas+Vincent+South+Carolina+v+SGU7CkVXeiyl.jpg

I note that the knee brace will not make Bentley any quicker and he is a total liability when trying to run when all pass options close. The team and fans needs the excitement that Scar exhibited on last week. Jake has a history of disappearing in big games. The move to start him maybe a result of the poor decision made by Dabo and the outcry from fans. If Jake is 100 percent let him play. If he is less than 100 percent, play Scar. If we are up or down by a large score, play Joyner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT