ADVERTISEMENT

So with TCU eliminated, does this mean we would've hosted??

We had every opportunity to advance. The regional and the path to Omaha was laid out for us to advance.
That’s what pisses me off the most!
Bottom line is we didn't have a team even minimally capable of exploiting this incredibly golden opportunity. I kept an index all season long which indicated this, but this board would not have been able to handle it. And by the way, don't anyone trot the schedule out to me. We didn't play any upper-tier SEC teams this weekend. Neither had we any key crippling injuries.

Bottom line is we didn't have a team even minimally capable of exploiting this incredibly golden opportunity. I kept an index all season long which indicated this, but this board would not have been able to handle it. And by the way, don't anyone trot the schedule out to me. We didn't play any upper-tier SEC teams this weekend. Neither had we any key crippling injuries.
Tough pill to swallow but very accurate.

We are a top 15 pitching staff. If we were just top 50 offensively we would be in Omaha and a threat to win a bracket
Winning big in team athletics is always about getting all the right people together. Who can do it and who cannot? If there is an "it" factor with the program's leadership, it is yet to become apparent. But there was improvement. He can ride that for several years around here. He'll need to get some bats while continuing to gather some arms.

I never expected Omaha this season. I expected Playoffs, hoped for Supers. They met expectations, did not exceed them. a solid 'C' for the season.

Reactions: TAV31 and jweaks
So, Should Florida and TCU fire their coaches, too???
If we're being really honest, TCU cares more about baseball than UF. UF is having a time filling that big new ballpark. Also, has anyone underachieved more than O'Sullivan? He should have been able to sleep walk to multiple titles by now, with the talent he brings in. But he has too much JackLegg in him.

If we're being really honest, TCU cares more about baseball than UF. UF is having a time filling that big new ballpark. Also, has anyone underachieved more than O'Sullivan? He should have been able to sleep walk to multiple titles by now, with the talent he brings in. But he has too much JackLegg in him.
he's achieved more than our coach has

Your dislike for O'Sullivan is duly noted, but to say he should have been able to sleep walk to multiple titles is a real stretch. If that were the case, why didn't the four Carolina teams before 2010 with 50 plus win seasons not win at least one and probably two titles? Nobody has enough talent to sleep walk to titles. Lots of chemistry, luck, and timing are required to win a title, much less multiple. You, more than most people on this board, know that.

O'Sullivan is not my favorite opposing coach, either. But, I would take him in a heartbeat as our coach. Until then, I too will continue to dislike him.

I'm with Batgirl. He has underachieved at Florida. To bring him here on the heels of the Muschamp debacle would be a disaster! And make no mistake, there is the Jackleg factor....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT