ADVERTISEMENT

Some of us Need To Get On Board the Shane Beamer Train. He is our HC Like it or Not

Crazy Cock 89

Nov 27, 2011
Other Message Boards have been discussing how negative some of you have been. Some of us need to get over it.
Coach Beamer is our Head Coach. If we are True Gamecock Fans We need to get behind him instead Griping and Complaining, because we didn't get our way with the HC Hire.

I never was in favor of hiring Muschamp, but I got over it and supported him in spite of his poor Rep as a HC. Beamer needs our support. Muschamp was a failed HC.

Beamer may have never been a HC, until now. But he isn't a failed HC either,.

All aboard!
200.gif

Other Message Boards have been discussing how negative some of you have been. Some of us need to get over it.
Coach Beamer is our Head Coach. If we are True Gamecock Fans We need to get behind him instead Griping and Complaining, because we didn't get our way with the HC Hire.

I never was in favor of hiring Muschamp, but I got over it and supported him in spite of his poor Rep as a HC. Beamer needs our support. Muschamp was a failed HC.

The quicker we admit this was already a mistake, the quicker we get someone who has a chance at being successful.

I’m with you, brother. Shane Beamer is our coach. Let’s get behind him and give him our support. If he wins, great! But no need to spew venom when he hasn’t even coached his first game.

I'm on board, but so far I am extremely skeptical. Our big name coaching hire is Special Teams coach and we kept a number from the old staff which got us 2 wins. Coach Beamer said on a number of occasions that he had serious interest from currently employed power 5 coaches and coordinators. Why are we keeping so many coaches? Something is rotten in Denmark.

Last edited:
I believe this proposed staff will get us to 5 wins next season which is +2x more than this year. From there, I predict we'll be averaging 7 wins by season 4. Does this mean I'm accepting of mediocrity?..absolutley not! However, it's the Garnet Way.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

And like moths to a flame..... two of the very worst ones on here quickly arrived. They’re going on ignore. They really are ridiculous.

And other message boards have been laughing at the fact we hired Beamer so it all equals out

I believe this proposed staff will get us to 5 wins next season which is +2x more than this year. From there, I predict we'll be averaging 7 wins by season 4. Does this mean I'm accepting of mediocrity?..absolutley not! However, it's the Garnet Way.
Can you expand on this? Why do you think that a team that won 2 games this year, and will be significantly worse personnel wise next year will possibly win 5 games? Even if Beamer and staff do an excellent coaching job, we just won't have the players. We lose basically the entire defensive backfield, the only good linebacker we had, the only good receiver we had, and will have an oline that does a pretty good job of run blocking but cannot pass block at all. Also, our Dline is light and gets pushed around relatively easily. Also we have 7 guys committed in this recruiting class, none of which are blue chip type players. This situation is a mess no matter how you look at or how rosy you want to spin it. If Beamer and staff do an outstanding job of recruiting, optimistically, we will still be at least 2 more years before we have an above avg team.

I'm on board, but so far I am extremely skeptical. Our big name coaching hire is Special Teams coach and we kept a number from the old staff which got us 2 wins. Coach Beamer said on a number of occasions that he had serious interest from currently employed power 5 coaches and coordinators. Why are we keeping so many coaches? Something is rotten in Denmark.

All these guys he’s keeping are the ones he was talking about.

Can you expand on this? Why do you think that a team that won 2 games this year, and will be significantly worse personnel wise next year will possibly win 5 games?

3 ooc patsies and Vanderbilt means the season starts at 4 wins and goes from there.

Reactions: Cockish
I've accepted the Beamer hire and hoped he'd put together a good staff. But keeping Muschamp's guys is absolutely about saving money. It's shortsighted and it's damaging to program and Beamer's rebuilding project. I'm sure he had to agree to this Faustian bargain to get the job, but it's further proof the problem is much bigger than just coaching selections.

Honestly I was in full support of Shane until I saw the staff hires today . Just mind blowing . It’s very clear that we held on to coaches with current contracts and cut the rest loose . This is 100% a cost saving measure . Bobo did a decent job but there’s no way in hell he’s the OC of the future . Rocker managed to have a terrible DL with multiple 5 and 4 stars . I was fully on board and today just blew it for me . This to me is akin to Muschamp hiring Roper . Any high hopes I had are gone . He will probably win 4 or 5 games next year because the schedule is much easier but long term I just don’t see this turning out well . Two weeks ago I was very encouraged . Typical Gamecocks

Can you expand on this? Why do you think that a team that won 2 games this year, and will be significantly worse personnel wise next year will possibly win 5 games? Even if Beamer and staff do an excellent coaching job, we just won't have the players. We lose basically the entire defensive backfield, the only good linebacker we had, the only good receiver we had, and will have an oline that does a pretty good job of run blocking but cannot pass block at all. Also, our Dline is light and gets pushed around relatively easily. Also we have 7 guys committed in this recruiting class, none of which are blue chip type players. This situation is a mess no matter how you look at or how rosy you want to spin it. If Beamer and staff do an outstanding job of recruiting, optimistically, we will still be at least 2 more years before we have an above avg team.

Most likely it's because you add back in the non conference games. Eastern Illinois is a guaranteed W and we still should win against ECU and Troy.

Most likely it's because you add back in the non conference games. Eastern Illinois is a guaranteed W and we still should win against ECU and Troy.
These type of fans are the worst. The hires he kept are all solid imo. Tracy Rocker had some of the fiercest dlines at UGA and Tenn before getting here. I think the issue was culture at the top and that is Muschamp. These holdovers mixed with some of the new blood coaches may be successful but some of you can't stand to let it play out. Each one would be hired if they left here today and in the SEC no less. Let Beamer establish his program and play a game before you start the hate.

These type of fans are the worst. The hires he kept are all solid imo. Tracy Rocker had some of the fiercest dlines at UGA and Tenn before getting here. I think the issue was culture at the top and that is Muschamp. These holdovers mixed with some of the new blood coaches may be successful but some of you can't stand to let it play out. Each one would be hired if they left here today and in the SEC no less. Let Beamer establish his program and play a game before you start the hate.

Wishful thinking. You can't just blame the boss for everything that went wrong last year.

In the past we have had more talented teams than the one we will have next year to lose to Citadel, Appalachian State, Connecticut, etc. I'm not sure we can count any game as a guaranteed win. Outside of possibly Vanderbilt I don't see us winning any conference games with this team.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Yea I laughed at the taters when they hired Dabo for 6 Straight years. Nobody is laughing at Dabo, now.

Well that’s your fault for laughing at a coach who signed 8 four stars in his first recruiting class and four 5-star guys the year he went 6-7.

If Beamer does something like that maybe we can start making this comparison.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

Mandating blind allegiance with no expectations. You sound like a pre-Spurrier SC fan.

It wouldn't have been so bad if not for the PR promotion to hire Beamer. He has the vast knowledge of all the Coaches he worked for, yet no one hired him for HC. He was going to hire the best quality coaches, no matter the cost or so we were told. Just tell us up front what your plan is.

I think perhaps expectation setting could have been better. Beamer spoke about upon being hired that he had A,B and C candidates for each coaching position. Ok, great. Then we are told we will take our time even though ESD was approaching because we needed to get the right candidates and the coaches were coaching at other schools. Ok, makes sense.

But then, three weeks later we end up settling for many of the coaches already on the staff. These obviously were not the “A” choices, otherwise he could have announced them immediately and possibly helped recruit retention a bit.

Few coaches in history have ever hired exactly the staff they wanted, so I don’t necessarily fault Beamer there. But, he could have been more savvy setting expectations to help with the PR.

But, by August I think we will mostly have reconciled ourselves to what we have and be hopeful for a new Muschamp-free season.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I think perhaps expectation setting could have been better. Beamer spoke about upon being hired that he had A,B and C candidates for each coaching position. Ok, great. Then we are told we will take our time even though ESD was approaching because we needed to get the right candidates and the coaches were coaching at other schools. Ok, makes sense.

But then, three weeks later we end up settling for many of the coaches already on the staff. These obviously were not the “A” choices, otherwise he could have announced them immediately and possibly helped recruit retention a bit.

Few coaches in history have ever hired exactly the staff they wanted, so I don’t necessarily fault Beamer there. But, he could have been more savvy setting expectations to help with the PR.

But, by August I think we will mostly have reconciled ourselves to what we have and be hopeful for a new Muschamp-free season.
Bingo...all we heard was CEO approach and bring in the best. Apparently, we had the best. LOL

Reactions: JGH 35 and SOSUSC
If we play ooc teams plus Vandy and no oppressive HC who strangled our offense, 5 wins are achievable. Thanks for inquiring.

I've accepted the Beamer hire and hoped he'd put together a good staff. But keeping Muschamp's guys is absolutely about saving money. It's shortsighted and it's damaging to program and Beamer's rebuilding project. I'm sure he had to agree to this Faustian bargain to get the job, but it's further proof the problem is much bigger than just coaching selections.
So all the coaches were bad? I wanted Bobo, Rocker, and Kitchens to stay. He kept only one more. Looks like good decisions to me. Time will tell and and absolutely nobody on this board has any knowledge otherwise

So all the coaches were bad? I wanted Bobo, Rocker, and Kitchens to stay. He kept only one more. Looks like good decisions to me. Time will tell and and absolutely nobody on this board has any knowledge otherwise
You can't talk about changing the culture of the team while maintaining 40% of the staff. It doesn't make sense. Plus, don't you think Beamer should be able to hire his own guys? You can't really think he wanted to keep almost half the staff. Zero chance. This is a shortsighted financial move by Caslen, the Board and Tanner.

If we play ooc teams plus Vandy and no oppressive HC who strangled our offense, 5 wins are achievable. Thanks for inquiring.
So in other words you are only looking at the schedule and the fact the former coach is not returning, and not evaluating the team we have coming back? I think this will be the worst returning Gamecock football team in my memory including the 0-11 team. I think our talent level will be more on par with some of the OOC schools on the schedule than most of our SEC opponents. It's possible to have 5 wins, but at this point I don't see anything you can point to that gives me any reason to believe we will.

So in other words you are only looking at the schedule and the fact the former coach is not returning, and not evaluating the team we have coming back?

Or he is evaluqting the team coming back, and finding it superior to the 3 OOC patsies and vandy, right off the bat.

So in other words you are only looking at the schedule and the fact the former coach is not returning, and not evaluating the team we have coming back? I think this will be the worst returning Gamecock football team in my memory including the 0-11 team. I think our talent level will be more on par with some of the OOC schools on the schedule than most of our SEC opponents. It's possible to have 5 wins, but at this point I don't see anything you can point to that gives me any reason to believe we will.
Well, if it makes you feel better that we won't win any games versus a 5 win team then so be it. Either way, being subpar (your no wins vs my 5 wins) is a no win situation for everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT