ADVERTISEMENT

Song(s) that you're embarrassed to admit that you like?

MowerDave

Jun 10, 2020
"Another Night" by The Real McCoy (thought this was pretty much the best song on the radio back in the 90s)

"Grace Kelly" by Mika (even anonymously, I'm embarrassed to admit this one)

"Another Night" by The Real McCoy (thought this was pretty much the best song on the radio back in the 90s)

"Grace Kelly" by Mika (even anonymously, I'm embarrassed to admit this one)

Most "metal" ballads

Uhh, here's one that I despised the very first time I heard it, but then there's this "after the fact" humor thing that kicked in 10 or so years AFTER it first came out...

Just sayin'!!!

I have loved contemporary jazz for over 40 years. Folks call it "smooth jazz" to demean it, but real contemporary jazz is different. And no, I have no Kenny G cuts that I know of. Lol

Reactions: Gaimcock
Uhh, here's one that I despised the very first time I heard it, but then there's this "after the fact" humor thing that kicked in 10 or so years AFTER it first came out...

Just sayin'!!!
Warrant went into the studio without this song in their repertoire. They intended to name that album Uncle Tom's Cabin and release the song by the same name first. The record company, riding the formula of the day, told them they needed a party song as the first release, so the singer wrote "Cherry Pie" in 15 minutes. CC Deville of Poison contributed the solo in it. It's a lame-o song. I'm sure the band would have preferred to be known for Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Warrant went into the studio without this song in their repertoire. They intended to name that album Uncle Tom's Cabin and release the song by the same name first. The record company, riding the formula of the day, told them they needed a party song as the first release, so the singer wrote "Cherry Pie" in 15 minutes. CC Deville of Poison contributed the solo in it. It's a lame-o song. I'm sure the band would have preferred to be known for Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Hey, I gotcha and concur 100%!!!

And God rest Jani Lane's soul, but here's an interesting "take" from Lane himself prior to his unexpected passing...

WADR,
G

Reactions: TheReelEss
Hey, I gotcha and concur 100%!!!

And God rest Jani Lane's soul, but here's an interesting "take" from Lane himself prior to his unexpected passing...

WADR,
G
It's the best song Poison never wrote. LOL. I didn't realize Lane had died. I saw them once, opening for Crue. Lane had a black eye that he jokingly said Vince Neil gave him.

Reactions: Gaimcock
I don't know why, but I always liked this song, as cheesy as it is.
Even anonymously I'm scared to put this out there. All my "cool musician " and audiophile buddies would disown, and forever distance themselves from me.

Smile a little Smile for me (Rosemarie) - Edison Lighthouse.
Go ahead and pile on.

Same deal with Black Sabbath’s “Paranoid.” They were a song short and banged it out in like half an hour in the studio.

Reactions: TheReelEss
They Might Be Giants - They Might Be Giants

This video was incredibly hard to find. It turns out, searching for a song that is the same as the band name is not easy. Also, ignore the terrible animation. It has nothing to do with this poor imitation of music that I like.

From the same album, I am also very fond of Dead.

A friend told me that he was in a discussion with a buddy about the simplicity of a rock tune. "Only three chords" he said. Well, said the buddy, if it was good it wouldn't be rock"!

Same deal with Black Sabbath’s “Paranoid.” They were a song short and banged it out in like half an hour in the studio.
Deep Purple wrote "Highway Star" on the bus between gigs to show a journalist how they do it and played it live the next evening. Funny thing is it's such an influential proto-metal song. Lemmy of Motorhead said it's the first metal song in his opinion.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT