ADVERTISEMENT

SOS speaks to media after basketball halftime "show" (link)

...we've had a whole bunch of coaches call us and say 'coach I can help you with that'...".

That's an interesting comment. And so was one of his last ones when asked if he's felt any pressure from boosters and fans to make changes for the sake of making changes (which he of course answered no)...

"If you keep doing the same things over and over again and expect different results...well, then, you're just not very smart"!

This at least shows that the man knows he needs help on that side of the ball.

Notice he didn't say he wasn't feeling any pressure to make changes by the adminiistration. Wonder if he an d Ray had a discussion? Looks like we got some help coming.

We are going to be just fine. I wish folks would go back to the adage that we all once almost said in unison, "Trust in Spurrier."

Trust the coaches, they know what they are doing. NEVER forget that.

I don't think he would have made the comment about penciling Nov 28 if he wasn't somewhat confident we'll be a different team in 2015. He mentioned the recruits. So hopefully some coaching staff additions will happen, too. GO COCKS!!!!!

Originally posted by UpstateGamecock2:
I don't think he would have made the comment about penciling Nov 28 if he wasn't somewhat confident we'll be a different team in 2015. He mentioned the recruits. So hopefully some coaching staff additions will happen, too. GO COCKS!!!!!
He was confident going into last year too that we were going to be good. The attitude of the entire staff was that our defense was actually going to be better than the year before and boy were they wrong. So, I don't put any stock into any of the coaching staff's seeming confidence including Spurrier. That confidence seems very faulty.

This post was edited on 1/25 8:40 AM by ReadR00ster

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT