ADVERTISEMENT

** Special request: Please read ** (Saturday update!!!!)

W

Wes Mitchell

From the bottom of my heart, I can't thank y'all enough for the outpouring of support for Ashley. She is the type of person who doesn't like to ask for help and she was absolutely blown away by the support that complete strangers have shown her both with donations and your messages to her. There aren't words to describe how cool it was for me, to see everyone band together for her.

Ashley has completed her chemo and her surgery portion of treatment and actually started back to work this week and told me that y'all made her cry at work :) Ashley actually had no idea that any of this was going to taking place and at one point her sister-in-law, who started the GoFundMe account for her, thought that the site was glitching because the donations were coming in so fast. With her surgery complete, the next step in the process for her is to begin her radiation soon. All of your contributions will go directly to her mounting medical bills.

As of Saturday morning, 94 people have donated a total of $2,025!!! I honestly had no idea what to expect when I decided to post the request, but I can promise you that it wasn't even in the stratosphere of that number, which was made completely possible by all of the amazing folks here.

Speaking of the folks here, our Gamecock Central winner - drawn at random from the list of people who donated - was none other than @Grandpa Smitty, who will have 6 months tacked onto his subscription for free.

I admit that I can get grumpy with a few of the members on here from time to time (I swear that I do my best not to), but I want each of you to know that I will never forget the way this community joined together to help Ashley. We always talk about this board as being a community and a family and I don't see any better proof of that than this.

Thank you so much to everyone here and I hope to be able to meet you each in person soon and thank you in person.

-- Wes Mitchell

------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you already know, my good friend Ashley (she went to USC and lives in Columbia) has breast cancer. She recently completed chemo and is continuing the next step of her fight. While her outlook is positive, she has been faced with astronomical medical bills, even with insurance.

I posted this as a contest on Twitter, but would like to extend it to my family here on the board.

For my Birthday, I'm asking that anyone who has the means to give, can make a $1 (or more if you want) donation to her GoFundMe account:

For some reason, the site is automatically embedding the GoFundMe button. If you can't click above, please copy and paste this into your browser.
HTML:
https://www.gofundme.com/4j5r9xf8

Anyone who does, will be entered into a drawing for a free 6 months of GamecockCentral.com premium service. (Please include your Gamecock Central user name in the name field when you make the donation)

Thanks for reading and thanks for being a member :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News