ADVERTISEMENT

Staff changes at UF....

Win in Florida next year and the rest of them including Mullen will be gone. I go to the games in Gainesville when Carolina comes to town. I love to gator chomp them when we win there, it's just not often.

Muellen trying (in vain) to save his job. In reality he's just getting rid of the figureheads. The turnovers, the complete lack of defense, that is deep rooted. I can't explain why that his happening to UF, but I'm ecstatic that it is.
I hate UF more than any other program. Yes, even more than you know who, much more

Muellen trying (in vain) to save his job. In reality he's just getting rid of the figureheads. The turnovers, the complete lack of defense, that is deep rooted. I can't explain why that his happening to UF, but I'm ecstatic that it is.
I hate UF more than any other program. Yes, even more than you know who, much more
According to Josh pate on the late kick, he is done. there is no recovery from this.

To be honest, I hope Florida keeps Mullen. He has done so little with so much that I like where Florida is heading. Can't stand them and I'm afraid if Mullen goes they just might hire a really good coach.

So little with so much? He took over a 4-7 Gators team at the end of 2017 and finished #6 in 2018, #7 in 2019, and #12 in 2020. Prior to that, the Gators finished in the Top 10 only once (2012) in over a decade.

Before being picked up by the Gators, he went 33-14 at Mississippi State.

His recruiting and off-field activities at UF might end up being an issue, but the guy has performed well when it matters up until this point.

To be honest, I hope Florida keeps Mullen. He has done so little with so much that I like where Florida is heading. Can't stand them and I'm afraid if Mullen goes they just might hire a really good coach.
Josh said if I remember correctly, he has never seen a coach lose a team and be able to get them back.if he does it, he will be the 1st.

Reactions: burghcock
So little with so much? He took over a 4-7 Gators team at the end of 2017 and finished #6 in 2018, #7 in 2019, and #12 in 2020. Prior to that, the Gators finished in the Top 10 only once (2012) in over a decade.

His recruiting and off-field activities at UF might end up being an issue, but the guy has performed well when it matters up until this point.
Yes, I'm not sure what alternative universe most of our fans are living on. The issues with the UF team the last couple weeks and overall this year aren't indicative of what he's done in his career. I would love to have Mullen as a HC....would LOVE it.

Reactions: PaleoCock

He has performed well by Gamecock standards, but Florida fans expect to win national titles. And now that it is clear their most hated rival, Georgia, is building a perennial powerhouse and Florida is going the other way, fans and boosters are not happy. I said on this board last week that my friend knows some big money Florida boosters and they were pissed that Mullen flirted with the NFL last year and are not happy with the way the program is headed. Yes, he did some good things in the past, but Georgia is opening up quite a gap in talent and that is unacceptable. He might survive, but I doubt it.

Yes, I'm not sure what alternative universe most of our fans are living on. The issues with the UF team the last couple weeks and overall this year aren't indicative of what he's done in his career. I would love to have Mullen as a HC....would LOVE it.
He is 4-8 in his last twelve games. You okay with that?

Reactions: WingchunCock

Using someone else’s players. Recruiting is catching up with him.

Reactions: burghcock
You say that but the people that have him (Florida) don't seem to be real happy with him. You are looking at him through Gamecock glasses. Sure, we would take Mullen. We are not Florida, nor do we have their inflated view of their program. Besides, he has done most of it with someone else's players. One of the big knocks on Mullen is that he doesn't like to recruit and his talent is starting to show that.

FL is turning into the TN of the last several years. I hate orange!

Maybe Florida should give Clark a chance. He got those Christmas lights going didn't he?

Using someone else’s players. Recruiting is catching up with him.
If you want to coach D1 football, baseball, or basketball (both genders), recruiting is the lifeblood. If all you really want to do is teach/coach, then you're better off at a D-III school, where athletic scholarships are prohibited.

This is not a slight at all against D-III; just noting that there's always tradeoffs in life.

“We get Florida coaches fired.”

UK deserves some credit for both UF and TN. Gator fans are particularly pissed that Mullen is 2 - 2 vs a "Basketball School". TN fans are relieved with the win this year. But, aren't thrilled with the prospect of having to actually battle with UK each year going forward.

You say that but the people that have him (Florida) don't seem to be real happy with him. You are looking at him through Gamecock glasses. Sure, we would take Mullen. We are not Florida, nor do we have their inflated view of their program. Besides, he has done most of it with someone else's players. One of the big knocks on Mullen is that he doesn't like to recruit and his talent is starting to show that.
So....how on earth was he the only successful HC at Miss. State in the last 40 years (including Jackie Sherrill WHILTE at MSU)? I think this segment of Carolina's "fanbase" is just the leftover democratic party online pill pushers that agenda-ize everything.
70% Win percentage at UF is what it is.
60% Win percentage at MSU is what it is.
You can't tell me Sofia Vergara is ugly...it's not subjective. Neither is his resume.

So....how on earth was he the only successful HC at Miss. State in the last 40 years (including Jackie Sherrill WHILTE at MSU)? I think this segment of Carolina's "fanbase" is just the leftover democratic party online pill pushers that agenda-ize everything.
You can't tell me Sofia Vergara is ugly...it's not subjective. Neither is his resume.
Make your arguments to the UF fanbase. Much, if not all, of what is being said on here is lifted from their Rivals and 247 sites....and few are disagreeing with them.

Reactions: USMCatFan
70% Win percentage at UF is what it WAS.
60% Win percentage at MSU is what it WAS.

I corrected those two points you tried to make. Those Won/Loss records are past tense. They are History. That is not what is currently happening at Florida right now.

Right now, Mullen has shown that he doesn't really care for recruiting in college. He did flirt with the NFL. Perhaps he was banking more on a move to the NFL happening last year or after this season. But, whatever is going on. Right now, he just doesn't appear to be concerned with anything that is going on with the Florida Gators.

Any college program that is currently attached to him (or is considering an attachment) is, in IMHO, bereft of common sense.

I corrected those two points you tried to make. Those Won/Loss records are past tense. They are History. That is not what is currently happening at Florida right now.

Right now, Mullen has shown that he doesn't really care for recruiting in college. He did flirt with the NFL. Perhaps he was banking more on a move to the NFL happening last year or after this season. But, whatever is going on. Right now, he just doesn't appear to be concerned with anything that is going on with the Florida Gators.

Any college program that is currently attached to him (or is considering an attachment) is, in IMHO, bereft of common sense.
D-III might be different. No athletic scholarships given.

How about "Any college program for whom recruiting is critical (i.e., D-II and above) and is currently attached to him (or is considering an attachment) is, in IMHO, bereft of common sense."

D-III might be different. No athletic scholarships given.

How about "Any college program for whom recruiting is critical (i.e., D-II and above) and is currently attached to him (or is considering an attachment) is, in IMHO, bereft of common sense."
I think he probably has a good eye for talent and believe he proved that to a great extent at MSU. Evidently his personality is not good and either he can't or doesn't want to spend the time recruiting the higher-end talent that, for good reason, UF expects.

The recruiting argument is a strange one.

Mullen just recorded their best recruiting class since 2013 and are currently ranked 12th for the 2021 class with time to go.
https://247sports.com/college/florida/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

We really have become a "What have you done for me today?" society. It's unsustainable.

And yet I think it's better than doing nothing, from a practical standpoint.

Dude, why don't you just get a room with him? Apparently he is your hero.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT