ADVERTISEMENT

Star rating of super bowl players

There are only somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 5 stars a year and 50-100 4 stars. The majority of all ratings are for 3 stars. Not hard to understand.

There are more two star or below OLinemen in the superbowl than four/five stars

There are more two star or below OLinemen in the superbowl than four/five stars

Yeah I guess so. How many 2 star and below linemen are at the college level? Probably 200 a year. 4 and 5 star? Probably 30.
It really isn’t even a discussion. A high 4 or 5 star player has offers from basically every school. Why? Because coaches know those kids make his job easier. Georgia,Clemsin,Bama, Ok didn’t get there on just coaching.

So, the starting Patriots are no more talented as recruits as a Gamecock recruiting class. Wow!

But, then, that is quite talented!

There are 6 five stars between the two teams.
That number would be a higher percentage than any star ranking below it.
If you had 30 four stars or 50 three stars their percentage still wouldn’t be as high as the roughly 30 -five stars a year that high schools spit out.

Our best years were when we had a couple of them.

Julian Edelman was a 2 Star who went to Kent State. Chris Hogan was a 2 star. Finding roles to fit the system works well. The Pats are team oriented, primadonnas need not apply.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
These are always interesting. It really shows these kids that recruiting rankings aren’t death sentences (nor is the school you attend) - and with hard work (and a body that matures) they can still be super bowl champs. If you’re good enough, the NFL wil eventually find you and give you a shot.

That said, I hope no one draws any conclusions about recruiting rankings and winning the college championship. Clay Travis keeps hawking a stat the the eventual champion in college (for the last 20 years) had at least 3 of their 4 previous recruiting classes ranked in the top 10. I think there was only one outlier, and they had two of four recruiting classes in the top ten. This is a trend not likely to change.

Reactions: Judson1
Julian Edelman was a 2 Star who went to Kent State. Chris Hogan was a 2 star. Finding roles to fit the system works well. The Pats are team oriented, primadonnas need not apply.

Maybe Kent state can play Bama for the national championship next year. Give a 22 5 stars and you can have 22 2-3 stars and i will win 10 out of 10 times but you can always talk about that 1 2 star that “made it”.

Reactions: ansoncock
What gets my attention is that by the time these kids have played a couple of years in college, the stars should be less of a factor in the evaluations. But the Pats can still find guys like David Andrews that other teams overlook. Last time UGA beat Clemson, Andrews was a beast. On the last TD, Andrews pulled, and Todd Gurley did not catch up to him for 30 yards or more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT