ADVERTISEMENT

The Rose Bowl tradition dead?

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
With the exception of when the Rose Bowl holds the College Football Semifinals playoffs, the Rose Bowl usually matches up the Big 10 against the Pacific 12. Will the Big 12 take over the Pacific 12 in sending a team to the Rose Bowl against a Big 10 team due to the implosion of the Pacific 12?

The Big 10 and Big 12 = Gordon Gekko

gordon-gekko%2Bgreed%2Bis%2Bgood%2Bspeech%2Bquotes%2Bwall%2Bstreet%2Bmovie%2Bstock.jpg

Last edited:
I guess the Rose Bowl tradition (Big 10 vs Pacific 12) was going to die anyway with the upcoming expansion of the college football playoffs.

The Rose Bowl itself will live on. It will host big time games. They still could make it a team from the Midwest vs a team from the West in the years it doesn’t qualify for a hosting a playoff game.

The Rose Bowl itself will live on. It will host big time games. They still could make it a team from the Midwest vs a team from the West in the years it doesn’t qualify for a hosting a playoff game.
After this season I think the Rose Bowl will only host college playoffs quarterfinals, semifinals or college football championship games. The Rose Bowl may get a shot at hosting a Big Ten championship game.

They can still have the usual participants USC, Oregon, Washington, etc vs. Michigan, OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, etc. It just won't be under the banner PAC12 vs B1G. Or they can select from available teams.
In any event with the expansion of CFB playoffs it remains to be seen how the former New Years Day bowls
will be involved in that process and how or if that impacts the traditional Bowl games

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
They can still have the usual participants USC, Oregon, Washington, etc vs. Michigan, OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, etc. It just won't be under the banner PAC12 vs B1G. Or they can select from available teams.
In any event with the expansion of CFB playoffs it remains to be seen how the former New Years Day bowls
will be involved in that process and how or if that impacts the traditional Bowl games
I don't think it would mean the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT