ADVERTISEMENT

Stars Mean Something

This may be a tough pill to swallow but here it goes ... Spurrier could win with 3 stars because he was one of the greatest game day coaches ever . Champ couldn’t win with 5 stars at Florida . Now he has no 5 stars .... just saying . I said day one that the only way he could win here is to bring in UF and Texas Caliber classes in Columbia which has NEVER happened . Hope for the best but not holding my breath .

This may be a tough pill to swallow but here it goes ... Spurrier could win with 3 stars because he was one of the greatest game day coaches ever . Champ couldn’t win with 5 stars at Florida . Now he has no 5 stars .... just saying . I said day one that the only way he could win here is to bring in UF and Texas Caliber classes in Columbia which has NEVER happened . Hope for the best but not holding my breath .
It is happening in another part of the state, and it can happen here. I agree with your assessment. Keep your head up, my friend!

Recall, the fluke 1st Georgia TD in the game. And, the bad punt gave Ga another 3 pts. If you take away these free points, we go into the locker room at half time tied 10-10. Now, I am not at all saying we are as good as GA, nor am I saying we would have won. All I am saying is we are not as bad as it seemed, compared with a top tier team.

But Ko Simpson was a 2 star!!!
I’ll take a bunch of 5 stars over Ko every single day. UGA signed SEVEN this year alone. Boom is no SOS. He is not going to beat anyone without superior talent.

I notice the posters who usually post that stars don’t matter are not out today like they usually are.

Reactions: 92Pony
Spurrier could recognize talent in 3 and 4 star players. I honestly think he was a better recruiter than Muschamp when he wanted to and didn't get lazy. Not only could he recognize talent, he could coach them when they got here and his scheme could make the most out of what he had. I don't know if he could win with Jake, but I think he would have sat Jake midway through the 3rd.

It is happening in another part of the state, and it can happen here. I agree with your assessment. Keep your head up, my friend!

Recall, the fluke 1st Georgia TD in the game. And, the bad punt gave Ga another 3 pts. If you take away these free points, we go into the locker room at half time tied 10-10. Now, I am not at all saying we are as good as GA, nor am I saying we would have won. All I am saying is we are not as bad as it seemed, compared with a top tier team.
41-17 at W-B, dude.

Spurrier could recognize talent in 3 and 4 star players. I honestly think he was a better recruiter than Muschamp when he wanted to and didn't get lazy. Not only could he recognize talent, he could coach them when they got here and his scheme could make the most out of what he had. I don't know if he could win with Jake, but I think he would have sat Jake midway through the 3rd.
I don’t think he’s better at evaluating talent, but he is definitely a better coach. He could take 3 and 4 star players and put them in a position to win. But you’re talking about one of the best of all time. His name clearly brought in some top tier recruits. Boom can’t do that and he won’t until he starts winning meaningful games.

One thing SOS did that differs from Boom is SOS was willing to take a chance on some borderline guys. Not a bunch like Urban does, but SOS’s message and attitude was that he intends to win and he will bring in the guys to do it. To be sure, Boom has brought in some high character guys. He runs a clean ship. The Prez loves him. But, we need some Swearingers. We need some baddasses who want to win and won’t tolerate teammates who don’t share this desire. We need an OC too.

Reactions: robertfootball
I don’t think he’s better at evaluating talent, but he is definitely a better coach. He could take 3 and 4 star players and put them in a position to win. But you’re talking about one of the best of all time. His name clearly brought in some top tier recruits. Boom can’t do that and he won’t until he starts winning meaningful games.

One thing SOS did that differs from Boom is SOS was willing to take a chance on some borderline guys. Not a bunch like Urban does, but SOS’s message and attitude was that he intends to win and he will bring in the guys to do it. To be sure, Boom has brought in some high character guys. He runs a clean ship. The Prez loves him. But, we need some Swearingers. We need some baddasses who want to win and won’t tolerate teammates who don’t share this desire. We need an OC too.
Fenton is about as close to Swearinger as we will have im afraid. That's not to say Fenton isn't any good, he's just not DJ. I really thought the Michigan game was Booms corner turn. They had a legit defense but little did we know how bad they would stink this year. Guess he's still searching for that one big win where he can say "finally!".

Taters had a bought and paid for trophy from 1981 to sell. A “it happened here before” exhibit A.

Think about this. Clemsin won’t play a ranked team all year. Toughest game for them was last night. And a BS call bailed them out. Imagine if they had A&Ms schedule from here on out. They wouldn’t win their division and no CFP. Jimbo is trying to build Texas A&M. Tougher to build when you have Bama, LSU, Auburn, Miss St, etc.
Next year we have Bama, UGA, Clemsin, at A&M. A little hard to build when you have 4 losses right off the bat.
Clemsin sold success as they were still making BCS bowls while losing to us. Winning is winning.

Reactions: rogue cock
Spurrier won with defense. You can thank EJ, Lawing and crew for that run.

Reactions: 92Pony and Judson1
Guys im sorry but we had one d lineman that was worthy of playing in the SEC that he inherited...Taylor Stallworth...Ulric Jones was a big bodied plug. but he wasnt special ,saw him at the game yesterday...I know everyone is tired of hearing it...but give Champ till 2020-21.Belk ,Sandidge,JJ enagbare and hopefully Zacc Pickens will be juniors and or seniors and hopefully Sorrells and the Huntley kid and a few others will be here backing them up.LOS is where games are won.or lost.If you all have been Gamecock fans this long you can wait a few more years ...lol

Guys im sorry but we had one d lineman that was worthy of playing in the SEC that he inherited...Taylor Stallworth...Ulric Jones was a big bodied plug. but he wasnt special ,saw him at the game yesterday...I know everyone is tired of hearing it...but give Champ till 2020-21.Belk ,Sandidge,JJ enagbare and hopefully Zacc Pickens will be juniors and or seniors and hopefully Sorrells and the Huntley kid and a few others will be here backing them up.LOS is where games are won.or lost.If you all have been Gamecock fans this long you can wait a few more years ...lol

I’m all for giving the guy several years. Because he works hard, does things right, and he honestly hasn’t had long enough.
Oh and getting a proven great coach here would be very hard at this point.

Reactions: Garnetskies
I’ll take a bunch of 5 stars over Ko every single day. UGA signed SEVEN this year alone. Boom is no SOS. He is not going to beat anyone without superior talent.

I notice the posters who usually post that stars don’t matter are not out today like they usually are.

Just to clarify, I was being sarcastic... You get a lot of folks who will pull those diamond in the rough players like a Ko Simpson without acknowledging that we were our best when we had the highly rated players (Clowney, Lattimore, Gilmore, Jeffery, etc)

7-5, 8-5, 6-6, 7-6, 7-6 and took over a program with more talent than he left his successor with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT