ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen Garcia at bowl practice..

F u rod and the horse you road in on if it’s worth being a douche bag over.

....but a correct douche bag that doesn't keep spewing wrong info over & over.

tumblr_ms6qi7WsHU1r8rx5xo3_250.gif

Reactions: Gradstudent
Really great player . However combined record was 22-23 . 26 TD’s and 25 int’s . He did have 26 Rushing Td’s but only Avg 3.9 yards a carry . He didn’t have much talent around him however .

You never saw Grantz play did you? He was actually 18-16, didn't start as a freshman. 1972 Bill Troup started out as the starter, then was replaced by Dobby Grossman. 1973 we were 7-4 and Grantz was phenomenal. We lost in the last minute to #9 and undefeated LSU 33-29. Grantz took the team down the field and we ended up the game on LSU's 15 yard line. 1974 was an aberration. 1975 he returned to form. Grantz is probably the only quarterback we've ever had that returned a kickoff for a touchdown. By the way, we had 2 1,000 yard rushers on that team both of whom had respectable NFL careers.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
That game was maybe the most tragic regular season loss of the Spurrier era. That could have been a breakout win against a premier program we needed to beat.

Can't recall his name, but the Aubie coach (Tubeyville?) outfoxed Spurrier big time while wearing that aggravating, cheshire, $&1# eatin' grin.. The on sides kick thingy caught SOS with his headset up his arse.

Can't recall his name, but the Aubie coach (Tubeyville?) outfoxed Spurrier big time while wearing that aggravating, cheshire, $&1# eatin' grin.. The on sides kick thingy caught SOS with his headset up his arse.
Tuberville was coaching them before the game in question, a tough loss at Williams-Brice on a Saturday night. That was a markedly better Auburn team than the one Chizik beat us with.

The Jared Cook drop game??
Not remembering that part. The game in question that was such a bad loss was the one where they kept hitting big plays to that tight end whose last name began with an "L" - a young man who has since died. And we were totally inept on offense when it mattered.

Tuberville was coaching them before the game in question, a tough loss at Williams-Brice on a Saturday night. That was a markedly better Auburn team than the one Chizik beat us with.

Actually it was a Thursday night game. Jared Cook dropped a TD pass and we tried two jump ball passes to Sidney Rice in the end zone that he didn't come down with, lost 24-17. The fans cheered the team when they left the field and Steve Spurrier asked the fans to "not applaud losses". A request that Carolina fans took to heart and probably to extremes ever since.

Actually it was a Thursday night game. Jared Cook dropped a TD pass and we tried two jump ball passes to Sidney Rice in the end zone that he didn't come down with, lost 24-17. The fans cheered the team when they left the field and Steve Spurrier asked the fans to "not applaud losses". A request that Carolina fans took to heart and probably to extremes ever since.
You are correct. It was a Thursday night. Senior memory lapse. I respected Spurrier for his sentiment on this and still do.

You are correct. It was a Thursday night. Senior memory lapse. I respected Spurrier for his sentiment on this and still do.

I would have guessed that. The games you're thinking about with the tight end catching passes (Philip Lutzenkirchen) were 2010 at Auburn, lost by 8, and 2011 in Columbia we lost by 3. Both games coached by Chizik and I think Lutzenkirchen scored in both games on identical plays.

Reactions: king ward
I would have guessed that. The games you're thinking about with the tight end catching passes (Philip Lutzenkirchen) were 2010 at Auburn, lost by 8, and 2011 in Columbia we lost by 3. Both games coached by Chizik and I think Lutzenkirchen scored in both games on identical plays.
That latter one is the game in question cited earlier in the thread. It was tragic.

Part of me likes Garcia because of the rebel attitude thing, but I can't get totally past the fact that I wasted a fair amount of time and money during his time at USC. I'm asking off from work, giving up a Saturday, and spending $$$ - and hell he is showing up hung over or worse.

What is Garcia doing now?
Training HS QBs that want to transition to college. Orth is as well. Orth is coaching Dakereon Joyner. Dak has had at least one session with both Orth and SG. These guys will be QB coaches at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT