ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier Jr. MUST be fired he has failed on every level

usc89

May 29, 2001
He coaches the WRs and other than Cooper we have no playmakers. That is a glaring weakness on this team.

He is the "Recruiting Coordinator" and has failed miserably in this role. The drop off in talent in the program is enormous since Beamer left. He is considered lazy and arrogant by HS coaches and obviously (along with the assistant coaches he has had his father hire, Adams etc) he is a terrible talent evaluator.

He should be fired immediately and replaced with a competent recruiter, someone that is actually willing to work and put in the time necessary to succeed. His father will not fire him so because of that maybe it is time for an overall change.

Last edited:
I had a lowcountry coach give me an earful about junior a couple of weeks ago. It was ugly stuff. And this guy is a huge gamecocks fan.

Heard the same from a few coaches down here, and several ex players that despise Jr.

Best way to describe him is this: Was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple!

I wish he would graciously accept a USC office job. You know his father is not going to fire him...and he won't be leaving for another school.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I had a lowcountry coach give me an earful about junior a couple of weeks ago. It was ugly stuff. And this guy is a huge gamecocks fan.
Care to give more details? Is any of our fan base lighting up Tanners office with calls, etc? Does anybody have his direct phone number? Time a voice my opinion where it really matters.

Care to give more details? Is any of our fan base lighting up Tanners office with calls, etc? Does anybody have his direct phone number? Time a voice my opinion where it really matters.
His secretary shields his calls. You can get to Charles Wardlaw, but unless you know Tanner or he knows off you, you can't get close.

His secretary shields his calls. You can get to Charles Wardlaw, but unless you know Tanner or he knows off you, you can't get close.
i bet they will give him the message. i used to call king dixon's office. never got to talk to him, but the secratary always listened. wrote stuff down, and promised to deliver my messages.

That is just the tip of the iceberg......this is not all on Junior....yes he is a major part of the problem....but he is not "the" problem. It was a group effort at failure starting at the very top....

There's no question that our wide receiving corps is shockingly bad this season, especially when you consider our best receiver was poached from the defense.

I tailgate in the old bojangles lot. At the UCF game there was a tent set up in the parking lot...I glanced over one time and Marcus Lattimore and Ray Tanner were outside talking. A few of us walked over and asked for pictures with them. Marcus graciously accepted and spoke to us for a few minutes. Great guy. Ray Tanner on the other hand...was too busy looking down his nose at us to take a picture. I lost a lot of respect for Ray Tanner. I hope he handles meetings with prospects better than he does true Gamecock fans.

I had lunch with an SEC head coach 5 years ago and he told me the chair I was sitting in was about as useful as Jr. at coaching college football.

Nepotism is against the law in the State of SC for a good reason. Trust me, Clemson football office has been guilty of it too. It's never worked out well for Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT