ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier makes bold prediction about Florida’s chances against Alabama…

It could happen. I am hoping for a Florida win. I want to see Richardson play quarterback for the Gators. Getting Bama early this season is better than playing Bama in November.

Every time a top five team losses this year it helps Clemson. The top five needs to be all undefeated teams this year so a one loss team doesn’t make the final four. Probably won’t happen but I hope it does.
Clemmy has the easiest road to the playoffs. I think they will be there. I really doubt they will win it.

Reactions: F-86F
Clemmy has the easiest road to the playoffs. I think they will be there. I really doubt they will win it.
They won’t be there if the top five are all undefeated. You missed the point.

They won’t be there if the top five are all undefeated. You missed the point.
Bama and UGA would play each other. Top 5 ain’t going undefeated. That leaves no margin for error and I don’t see Iowa going unbeaten. I believe Clemson needs to lose again. Their loss was to a top team. I can’t see them being left out as an 11-1 team, especially considering the success they’ve had in the playoff.

As far as Spurrier’s comments…since when has “we have a chance” been considered BOLD?

Bama and UGA would play each other. Top 5 ain’t going undefeated. That leaves no margin for error. Clemson needs to lose again. Their loss was to a top team. I can’t see them being left out as an 11-1 team, especially considering the success they’ve had in the playoff.
I said it was not likely to happen, the top five would not go undefeated, but if it did Clemson would be left out. If you know for sure, as you seem to think, that you know exactly how this is going to turn out, then bet the hell out of it. Mortgage your home and get rich. It isa four team playoff, if the top four are undefeated major programs, Clemson gets left out, that’s my take and I’m hoping the top four go undefeated.

I said it was not likely to happen, the top five would not go undefeated, but if it did Clemson would be left out. If you know for sure, as you seem to think, that you know exactly how this is going to turn out, then bet the hell out of it. Mortgage your home and get rich. It isa four team playoff, if the top four are undefeated major programs, Clemson gets left out, that’s my take and I’m hoping the top four go undefeated.
It’s impossible for the Top FIVE to go undefeated. Bama would play UGA. Nothing “unlikely” about it. It’s literally impossible for the Top 5 teams to go undefeated…unless they cancel the SEC Championship.

It’s impossible for the Top FIVE to go undefeated. It’s not possible. Bama would play UGA. Nothing “unlikely” about it. It’s literally impossible for the Top 5 teams to go undefeated…unless they cancel the SEC Championship.
Correct, but there could still be a top four teams that do go undefeated. Four undefeated major teams would keep Clemson out. As you say even that probably won’t happen, but I hope it does.

Bama and UGA would play each other. Top 5 ain’t going undefeated. That leaves no margin for error and I don’t see Iowa going unbeaten. I believe Clemson needs to lose again. Their loss was to a top team. I can’t see them being left out as an 11-1 team, especially considering the success they’ve had in the playoff.

As far as Spurrier’s comments…since when has “we have a chance” been considered BOLD?
Correct. These remarks are being way overblown. They are no more than typical partisan sentiments, and not in the least audacious.

He didn't stop at 6 Coors Lights, hell he must have drunk the whole case before making that statement.

Last edited:
Every time a top five team loses this year it helps Clemson. The top five needs to be all undefeated teams this year so a one loss team doesn’t make the final four. Probably won’t happen but I hope it does.

Have you ever seen the Saber Jet in Cleveland Park, Greenville? Protesters think it should be torn down.

That old coot will be looking for a sound byte on his way to the graveyard. Once again it’s Bama and everyone else (and not just in the SEC) with UGA being their only competition, but not really. Bama will/would beat UGA by 21+, and that’s if they call off the um Dawgs. UF is no different

Holtz should not be remembered that way. He took over when thing were the bleakest of all times.
Holtz took over a terrible program. Quickly turned it around, but it quickly fell apart again too. Things were bad when Spurrier arrived.

Have you ever seen the Saber Jet in Cleveland Park, Greenville? Protesters think it should be torn down.
No, but there, is one in Beaufort on static display that has been there for decades. Sad what many of the young have been taught about our great nation. Without the F-86 Sabre jet S. Korea probably would not exist as a nation. They would be a part of communist N. Korea.

No one disagrees, but he left a dumpster fire so why should we forget that?
You forget it and get over it. He left the way he did. But he showed us how to win consistently here. I get tired of the Spurrier bashing. Actually I’m tired of Muschamp bashing. We need to focus on where we are now and what we will do to improve.

Spurrier’s “I think we have a chance“ quote is one he borrowed from General George Armstrong Custer at Little Big Horn. It’s said that Custer looked toward the horizon and exclaimed, “My, my. Those sure are friendly looking Indians. I think we have a chance.”

• Haha
Every time a top five team loses this year it helps Clemson. The top five needs to be all undefeated teams this year so a one loss team doesn’t make the final four. Probably won’t happen but I hope it does.
That's why I kinda hated Ohio St losing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT