ADVERTISEMENT

Still no DC. Kind of thought we’d know by now.

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
Dereck Mason? Kevin Steele? Bud Foster brought out of retirement? Who is it going to be? Oh the suspense!

But with Tanner in Charge He cares more about meeting some ridiculous limited budget than Actually Winning which should be the most Important thing, Winning should be Our number 1 Priority
Tanner has NEVER used finances as an excuse. Has always told the coaches they could have whatever they thought they needed. He is definitely not the one being budget conscious.

Dereck Mason? Kevin Steele? Bud Foster brought out of retirement? Who is it going to be? Oh the suspense!
Perhaps the real reason is because we never had any plan or any realistic candidate in mind before we fired Muschamp. Look at UT today. They fired Herman because they knew they had Sark lined up. Texas probably already has the D coordinator they want signed. That’s the difference between a bold and competent AD (see Texas) and a timid, incompetent AD (see Ray Tanner).

Perhaps the real reason is because we never had any plan or any realistic candidate in mind before we fired Muschamp. Look at UT today. They fired Herman because they knew they had Sark lined up. Texas probably already has the D coordinator they want signed. That’s the difference between a bold and competent AD (see Texas) and a timid, incompetent AD (see Ray Tanner).
And the amazing thing is no one saw this coming. No speculation or anything. They kept it quiet and got the deal done on the down low.

Other than a few guys on the d line the rest of the d is garbage. Nobody will be able to coach this current roster next year and be even an average D. We will be lucky to have the 13th best D in the Sec next year. Please tell me otherwise?

Other than a few guys on the d line the rest of the d is garbage. Nobody will be able to coach this current roster next year and be even an average D. We will be lucky to have the 13th best D in the Sec next year. Please tell me otherwise?
Hunter and Smith looked good toward the end of the year. Wish we could've held onto Dixon, Sanders, and Jammie. Jones and Kaba should be good at LB and hopefully Louis begins to live up to his talent.

We’ve got some talent on the d-line, as you said. Going to have to find some players out of the 10-11 db’s on the roster, plus go JUCO and TP fishing. Same with LB’s. A good hire will patch together a serviceable D. Have faith.

Try to pay attention to how they play. Do they show discipline? Do they show composure? Are they better conditioned? Nobody’s trying to convince you the gamecocks will be world beaters next year.

Why is the speed of the hire in a year when we made our hire early all of a sudden such a big deal? This is an odd year, we will announce the hire when it happens. If I may quote Aaron Rodgers- RELAXXX... DC is important: let’s get “the guy” when he is available.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Tanner has NEVER used finances as an excuse. Has always told the coaches they could have whatever they thought they needed. He is definitely not the one being budget conscious.
Really. Do your research before coming here. Coach Beamer is the lowest paid head coach in the SEC and just barely makes the average Salary for College HCs Nation wide.

Steve Sarkeesian was paid 2.5 million as an OC.
Brent Venobles made 2.4 Million this year.

Kevin Steele was paid 2.5 Million this year.

I Like the Coaches we have, but what Football Assistant Coaches do we have that deserve and have earned a 2 to 2.5 Million Dollar Annual Salary?

Tanner hired Beamer because he knew his lack of EXPERIENCE as a HC would justify paying Coach Beamer the lowest Annual Salary in the SEC.
However, Tanner did Over pay a ridiculous and undeserved Buyout to Muskrat. A coach that no one in the country will hire as a HC.

Ingenious Idea.

Let's just see who we hire as a DC and what he gets paid.Assistant Coaching Annual Salaries

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT