ADVERTISEMENT

Story: McClendon staying on staff, offensive shuffling, new LB hire

Bobo said if you’re gonna be a quarterback you have to be good fundamentally. And he basically trashed Ryan when he talked about that. He said Hilinski has some talent, but it was apparent that he’s not to impressed with our starting quarterback.

Think you’re reading too much into that.

Particularly once RH started getting banged up, his throwing mechanics and footwork changed. That creates bad habits where you have to retrain your body to change.

I do think when Hill is cleared to work he’s going to approach it as if he was going to be the starter. RH can’t afford to goof off this summer, because I see Hill pushing him for the job.

Reactions: Brace1
Our whole thinking is absolutely NOT base don 4 years at Florida. Our thinking is based off that and four more years here. We have been up and down on offense but the trend is down currently and a big reason for that APPEARS to be from some overly conservative decisions made from the top down. Deciding not to go for a score late in first haves when we had time left on the clock... Punting instead of kicking ling field goals or going for it on 4th when we are on the edge of a kicker’s range... Seeming to call the dogs off the few times we might actually build a lead (Florida 2 years ago being the most glaring example)... These are decisions made by the HEAD coach that show we are being too conservative and don’t change because of a nee Oc. WILL has to change. He needs to not meddle in the offensive scheming as much- guarantee he has been- and he needs to take some more chances to give us a shot to pull out wins where we are not favored. Thus far in eight years a head coach he has never shown the willingness to do any of that.

He’s in a no win situation with some of you.

Go for a long field goal instead of punting, miss, you give the other team great field position. Keep throwing the ball against UF, get intercepted, the game changes.

I think he’s taking more chances. The trick play against Bama worked, only to be called back on a bullshit call. We went for it more on 4th down. Taking more chances only works if the players produce.

Reactions: kidrobinski
I wish he would’ve left Bentley alone. Bobby is a quarterback coach and I believe he and Bobo would’ve had those guys shining in 2020.. I was excited with the way things were going but I’m not to optimistic now. I don’t think Mike Bobo cares for Ryan Hilinski so I wouldn’t be shocked to see Collin Hill become the starter this fall and Luke Doty backing him up. Bentley would’ve been great for Hilinski imo, and now I’m worried we may never see him reach his full potential. Hopefully nobody else leaves the fold; all this bouncing around doesn’t look good and it’s a sign of instability in the program.

What makes you think Bubba doesn’t care for RH?

He’s in a no win situation with some of you.

Go for a long field goal instead of punting, miss, you give the other team great field position. Keep throwing the ball against UF, get intercepted, the game changes.

I think he’s taking more chances. The trick play against Bama worked, only to be called back on a bullshit call. We went for it more on 4th down. Taking more chances only works if the players produce.
Going 4-8 in year 4 will do that. Especially with embarrassing losses to UNC and Appalachian state.

The money, that’s what fell through. No way the Steelers would have paid him a million dollars and he wasn’t going to take a pay cut.
Well, he must have known what the money was before the reports came out about Pittsburgh. Something else went sideways. But when the deal blew up, we couldn't pay a man such as he a million dollars not to work.

What makes you think Bubba doesn’t care for RH?
Bobo straight up said if you’re gonna play quarterback you have to be good fundamentally. He told Ryan that face to face, and he said it publicly. Why do you think he made that statement to the media? I’ll tell you why; it’s because he doesn’t trust Hilinski to run his offense, and if he benches him the statement is already out there! He could’ve just said we have a lot of things to work on, and Ryan knows what I and coach Muschamp expects from him moving forward. Now saying a player is not fundamentally sound is saying, we need to go back to “square one” with that player. I don’t think Bobo will have much patience with Ryan Hilinski. He’s already told us where he stands, and like it or not Mr Hilinski is gonna have to earn that spot in 2020..

Bobo straight up said if you’re gonna play quarterback you have to be good fundamentally. He told Ryan that face to face, and he said it publicly. Why do you think he made that statement to the media? I’ll tell you why; it’s because he doesn’t trust Hilinski to run his offense, and if he benches him then that statement is already out there! He could’ve just said we have a lot of things to work on, and Ryan knows what I and coach Muschamp expects from him moving forward. Now saying a player is not fundamentally sound is saying, we need to go back to “square one” with that player. I don’t think Bobo will have much patience with Ryan Hilinski. He’s already told us where he stands and like it or not Mr Hilinski is gonna have to earn that spot in 2020..

Then I like Bobo because he’s right. RH will be given nothing. Good news is he’s the type of kid who will respond.

Think you’re reading too much into that.

Particularly once RH started getting banged up, his throwing mechanics and footwork changed. That creates bad habits where you have to retrain your body to change.

I do think when Hill is cleared to work he’s going to approach it as if he was going to be the starter. RH can’t afford to goof off this summer, because I see Hill pushing him for the job.
I’m not reading to much into it. Mike Bobo is a professional, he knows the QB position as a player and a coach. And I’m sure he watched video from Ryan’s first game against Charleston Southern till his last game against Clemson. He had to take those injuries into account, and still he concluded that Ryan was not playing the way a quarterback should. He’s gonna give the nod to Hilinski because he was our starter last season, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Hilinski fall a couple spots on the depth chart. I think with Bentley at the Helm, Ryan was definitely gonna start and blossom throughout the season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT