ADVERTISEMENT

Story: USC players feel they have makings of great OL

I have heard this story before. Please excuse me if I want to see it before I start to get excited.
^^^^^^^^^^
& I fell for it two of those times, and we lost games not being able to pick up 2 yards or less............

I asked Jeff Grantz what he thought about our upcoming season and he said "I gave up predicting & only offer comments after I see what we are working with."

I love his example and "try to prescribe", but I admit, I do get excited and am particularly excited about our Defense and many of the folks coming back mixed in with all the underclassmen that have played a bunch of minutes.

Anyway, back to our O-line, start pounding out some first downs in 2&1, 3&1, 3&2, etc.... when everyone knows your supposed to run it & I will love our great O-line.

Depends on how fast Dylan Wonnum can help at right tackle... I have no doubts we are strong at center and both guards.. I love our young left tackle... He played as well as a freshman could be expected in the SEC...the kid at right tackle is a solid run blocker that had issues pass blocking... But that can fixed...

"Last season the Gamecocks rushed for at least 150 yards in six games, including twice."
Can you tell me what this sentence means?
twin
"Last season the Gamecocks rushed for at least 150 yards in six games, including twice."
Can you tell me what this sentence means?
twice over the last 6 games....period in wrong spot

I remember one year some national deal had our OL as number 2 in the country. Well we were not all that. It was based on returning veterans. Returning players that are ave at best won’t make u great

024600010016.png

twin

twice over the last 6 games....period in wrong spot
The sentence following that one is "Over the team’s last six regular season games, averaged 157.5 yards per game on the ground."
It makes no difference where you place the period. It still makes no sense.

Lance Thompson in year 1 was very complimentary of our O Line and it ended up being quite undeserved.

The good news is most of the players, played decent minutes last year and played well, so I expect them to be good in 18, but I always have high hope, lol

Reactions: lawcalcock
If the players are saying it, they're the ones who believe it. Confidence can go a long way. I'm all for a team where the players challenge each other to do better and play as a team. Bring it on!

GO COCKS!

Shannon
USC '88

Being a former "Road Paver", I like VERY MUCH that we solidified the interior line with strong run blockers. It starts from inside out. I still want center Donnell Stanley to get more work and get the snap down tight...Stanley moved from Guard to Center. Other Guard is Hutcherson . He had good stints last year and proved he can play inside. Both Stanley and Hutcherson have that tenacity/intensity needed to play "nasty/tough" inside. Both are 6-4 315. Then moving Bailey to LG from LT seals the inside protection and run lanes with toughness and experience.

At Tackles, Dennis Dailey @ 6-6, 330 had a good deal of Playing time and got better with each game with his drop step pass block technique, and has road paver mentality on run plays. At the other Tackle spot, you need a really good run blocker. I tend to think Malik Young at 6-3 300 is better with footwork, and Camper at 6-8 310 is viable (and I believe listed at 1st string) but I see this as the defining battle and critical spot to solidify the line-up

Throw a Jacob August 6-6, 260 to help on Right side and it should be a good lineup.

If we throw a situational H-Back option into the package for blocking at the line or quick dives, we could potentially really keep defenses guessing.

If we can get the 3rd and 2's on a consistent basis...we are going to be tough to beat. I have no doubt we will eventually get there but this year would be great.

Being a former "Road Paver", I like VERY MUCH that we solidified the interior line with strong run blockers. It starts from inside out. I still want center Donnell Stanley to get more work and get the snap down tight...Stanley moved from Guard to Center. Other Guard is Hutcherson . He had good stints last year and proved he can play inside. Both Stanley and Hutcherson have that tenacity/intensity needed to play "nasty/tough" inside. Both are 6-4 315. Then moving Bailey to LG from LT seals the inside protection and run lanes with toughness and experience.

At Tackles, Dennis Dailey @ 6-6, 330 had a good deal of Playing time and got better with each game with his drop step pass block technique, and has road paver mentality on run plays. At the other Tackle spot, you need a really good run blocker. I tend to think Malik Young at 6-3 300 is better with footwork, and Camper at 6-8 310 is viable (and I believe listed at 1st string) but I see this as the defining battle and critical spot to solidify the line-up

Throw a Jacob August 6-6, 260 to help on Right side and it should be a good lineup.

If we throw a situational H-Back option into the package for blocking at the line or quick dives, we could potentially really keep defenses guessing.
I like what you're saying.

I think this Oline will be special... The young talent will help at tackle and with depth... Stall the cynicism and enjoy the season... The Gamecocks are going big time

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT