ADVERTISEMENT

Surprised no one has even mention that LeBron has coronavirus.

In no way is he a consensus top 5 to play his sport. He might make top ten. Your post is the prime example of my point that some of you way overrate him.
What are you basing this on? Literally almost every ranking I have seen has Lebron James Top 5 if not top 3. Where are these lists that state otherwise? Here's some I found below.

LeBron is a phenomenal athlete and basketball player. But his know it all attitude and personality turn a lot of people off. I am not a fan. I’ll take the guys from the 80’s and 90’s all day.

Reactions: chief2791
I’d take Elgin Baylor.

It is hard to compare players from different eras. LeBron is in an era where the rules make it easy to score. Hand checks are illegal. He doesn’t have one of the defender’s hands on his hip and the defender’s forearm on his back when he has the ball. He doesn’t get pummeled into the wall by Moses, Unseld, Wilt, etc. when he drives the lane. Usually, all the defenders jump out of the way. He plays with that arc where you cannot defend inside it. He plays in an era when players can take 4 or 5 steps without a walk being called. Harden took 7 steps without a walk being called on that video we’ve all seen. And nowadays, you can carry the ball while dribbling to aid your change in direction making it very difficult to guard anyone. It is a game now where players can sit out a game or two to rest knowing that half the teams make the playoffs. Or take 2-3 games off with a stumped toe or a hang nail. All these trainers now, more than ever could have been dreamed of not too many years ago when players rarely missed a game, and now even with all that, they are more injury prone or pain prone or tired or don’t want to play so they sit out games. The NBA doesn’t care about the game of basketball, it wants entertainment. It wants games where 250 points are scored. It wants as many games as possible on TV. They want your money. Different era, different game.
LeBron lacks in leadership and fundamentals somewhat, but his athleticism and size are way up the charts.

Oh so you have given up on magic and moved to jordon. Now we have something we can discuss.
No, Magic > LeBron still. And is there really any discussion about MJ being a better athlete and basketball player?

No, Magic > LeBron still. And is there really any discussion about MJ being a better athlete and basketball player?
I think he has an argument but I’m not going there with you. I would put him at #2 though. Lebron has less but did it on different teams. Micheal never did it without pippin.

I’d take Elgin Baylor.

It is hard to compare players from different eras. LeBron is in an era where the rules make it easy to score. Hand checks are illegal. He doesn’t have one of the defender’s hands on his hip and the defender’s forearm on his back when he has the ball. He doesn’t get pummeled into the wall by Moses, Unseld, Wilt, etc. when he drives the lane. Usually, all the defenders jump out of the way. He plays with that arc where you cannot defend inside it. He plays in an era when players can take 4 or 5 steps without a walk being called. Harden took 7 steps without a walk being called on that video we’ve all seen. And nowadays, you can carry the ball while dribbling to aid your change in direction making it very difficult to guard anyone. It is a game now where players can sit out a game or two to rest knowing that half the teams make the playoffs. Or take 2-3 games off with a stumped toe or a hang nail. All these trainers now, more than ever could have been dreamed of not too many years ago when players rarely missed a game, and now even with all that, they are more injury prone or pain prone or tired or don’t want to play so they sit out games. The NBA doesn’t care about the game of basketball, it wants entertainment. It wants games where 250 points are scored. It wants as many games as possible on TV. They want your money. Different era, different game.
LeBron lacks in leadership and fundamentals somewhat, but his athleticism and size are way up the charts.
I think hand-checking ought to be brought back and the designated hitter eliminated.

Reactions: Jbouton2
I like hand-checking. Despise the DH, too. Don’t like officials being allowed to go to the replay, don’t like the Lucky Dog being moved to the lead lap without earning it, don’t like the fair catch on kickoffs in the field of play.

Reactions: caughtlookin
MJ = better basketball player and better athlete than LeBron.
Nah, MJ better more skilled basketball player, but to say he is a better athlete than LeBron is insane. LeBron is the kid on the playground that everyone is fighting over to pick first. I couldn’t imagine MJ on a football field. I think LeBron could have had a great career if he would have continued with that instead of choosing basketball. Dude was All-State football player in Ohio as a 9th Grader.

Last edited:
I think hand-checking ought to be brought back and the designated hitter eliminated.
I played in the 80’s, but I’m glad hand checking has been eliminated. Move your feet and play defense instead of grabbing people. Now, I don’t like how Harden and Trae Young lunge into people and bait foul calls. However, the refs have been pretty good about cutting that out so far this year. Now, if you can find a way to cut out the flopping at the 3 point line trying to get a 4 point play and the take foul that stops fast breaks, then I would be totally pleased with the game. It’s all a matter of taste and what bothers one person about the game doesn’t bother another.

Last edited:
Nah, MJ better more skilled basketball player, but to say he is a better athlete than LeBron is insane. LeBron is the kid on the playground that everyone is fighting over to pick first. I couldn’t imagine MJ in a football field. I think LeBron could have had a great career if he would have continued with that instead of choosing basketball. Dude was All-State football player in Ohio as a 9th Grader.
Yeah, but what makes someone an athlete? It's being able to to athletic things. What are some athletic things? Running, both for speed and distance. Jumping, both for height and distance. Strength. Quickness. Balance. Agility. Some may say hand/eye coordination is an athletic ability. The only one of these in which LeBron tops MJ is strength.

I mean, Simone Biles is a better athlete than LeBron. Maybe even our own Jadeveon is a better athlete. Secretariat was a better athlete.

Yeah, but what makes someone an athlete? It's being able to to athletic things. What are some athletic things? Running, both for speed and distance. Jumping, both for height and distance. Strength. Quickness. Balance. Agility. Some may say hand/eye coordination is an athletic ability. The only one of these in which LeBron tops MJ is strength.

I mean, Simone Biles is a better athlete than LeBron. Maybe even our own Jadeveon is a better athlete. Secretariat was a better athlete.
I think LeBron is faster too. MJ may be quicker, but I take LeBron in raw straight line speed. MJ is a great basketball athlete, but he was a twig. He worked to try to be halfway decent in baseball, but he didn’t look the part. If you have ever seen LeBron live, and I have seen both multiple times, the first thing you say is whoa, that is a big, fast dude.

Your just being a troll now and can’t see Lebron for what he is because you don’t like his politics and personality.

Reactions: QC Cock
Please, I'm a bigger liberal than LeBron will be in 1000 years.
Despite this, I still enjoy your posts. Keep up the good work.

Who knew a very liberal person and a very conservative one could come together have a shared misery over Gamecock athletics.

Despite this, I still enjoy your posts. Keep up the good work.

Who knew a very liberal person and a very conservative one could come together have a shared misery over Gamecock athletics.
The Gamecocks are equal opportunity disappointers.

Reactions: TexasCox
Sorry dude, there is no way that 9 guys in the history of basketball is better Lebron. Of course, there is Jordan. Kareem has a good argument. Who else? Magic? No. Lebron is Magic just a better scorer. Kobe? Always had to have a strong #2 or have Shaq around to be a contender. He never had years like Lebron where he practically carried a team to the Finals. An example of Lebron's impact is when he leaves. Every team he left immediately turned into a lottery team. Even Michael Jordan can't say that. The Bulls won 55 games the first time Jordan retired. ....and please stop trying to elevate Bird in your all-time lists. Bird was a great player, but due to injuries he wasn't able to sustain it. His prime was only a decade and lost twice to Dr. J, who although is my favorite player, I acknowledge is a step below the Top Ten due to his lack of a consistent jumper.
You managed that long paragraph and didn't mention Wilt Chamberlain.

Your hate for who he is, is blocking the vision of how good he is. He is def in the top 5 in his sport.
Is he definitely better than Jordan? No. Bird? No. Chamberlain? No. Kareem? No. Magic? No. So he isn't definitely top 5. Y'all are all the victim of recentcy bias. He is the best right now, so assume he must be best all time. A decade after he retires he will be remembered as very good, likely top ten, but a ways from top 5.

• Haha
Reactions: QC Cock
Just some food for thought after reading about all LeBron is not. I am already on record as saying that MJ was the better, more skilled basketball player. However, going to do a career comparison to show that the gap between MJ and LeBron is not as wide as you may think

Career Scoring:

Lebron: 3rd
MJ: 5th

Everyone knows LeBron has played longer, and MJ took some breaks, right. However, this is supposed to be MJ’s #1 skill.

Career Assists:

Lebron: 8th
MJ: 47th

A direct indicator that LeBron has the responsibility of scoring while being his teams’ primary ball handler. Jordan had Pippen to do that.

Rebounding:

Lebron: 43rd
MJ: 131st

Lebron has been the leading rebounder on his teams many times. MJ had Oakley, Horace Grant, and Dennis Rodman to do that.

Clutch Shot Percentage (Baskets to tie or take the lead in the final 2 minutes).

This is an Advanced Stat compiled by Stadium.com

MJ: .409
Lebron: .390

This is supposed to be the #1 criticism of Lebron. He passes the big shot up. However, he has taken and made more shots in the last two minutes than MJ and has only a slightly lower percentage.

Finals Appearances:

Lebron: 10
MJ: 6

This is where the LeBron detractors come out of the woodwork. However, all of MJ Finals Appearnces and Wins come under one Hall of Fame Coach. Lebron has taken 5 coaches to the Finals and won one with an Interim Coach who took over mid season. Lebron has never had his Hall of Fame Coach.

Which gets me to the biggest difference between the two. MJ had two Hall of Fame coaches, one in college and one in the NBA, that forced him to look at the game differently and be a star in a team concept. With Lebron coming straight to the NBA to a poor franchise, he has pretty had to figure it out on his own. He is a team player, but he only knows one way to play. Be a ball-dominant isolation player even though he is willing to give the ball up. He has never had a coach strong to get him to think about the game differently. It’s amazing that he has accomplished so much leaning into his own understanding.

Just my two cents, FWIW.

Last edited:
Reactions: caughtlookin
Dude, he was just ranked by a major publication as the second best player ever. 15+ sports writers voted him as such and every single one voted him in the top 5. He is the best player to ever play his position. That's not even debatable.
A "major publication"? Well that can't be wrong. Sports wrters are always biased for players they are covering now. Get the perspective of a decade after he retires and no one will call him No.2.

You managed that long paragraph and didn't mention Wilt Chamberlain.
Yep, and I am old enough to have watched the end of his career and wasn’t overly impressed. I know about the 100 points and the career stats, but only 2 titles and he played in years where ther were only 10-12 teams. I, also, know about the skinny lane he played with and the offensive goaltending being allowed. Just was a different time to me when Basketball was not as competitive then due to the lack of money in the sport. Heck, Bill Russell dominated the era and has Career
44% FG percentage. A Center with that FG% now is in the G League or getting his passport ready to go overseas.

Yep, and I am old enough to have watched the end of his career and wasn’t overly impressed. I know about the 100 points and the career stats, but only 2 titles and he played in years where ther were only 10-12 teams. Just was a different time to me when Basketball was not as competitive then due to the lack of money in the sport. Heck, Bill Russell dominated the era and has Career
44% FG percentage. A Center with that FG% now is in the G League or getting his passport ready to go overseas.
When there are fewer teams that means talent is more concentrated. Watching the end of his career doesn't let you see him dominate the NBA for years in a way that Lebron can't even consider.

The timing of this seems convenient. LeSnitch just took a cheap shot on someone, had two people thrown out of a game in which he acted like a little girl, and was fined for making an obscene gesture during a game. That was all like witching a 10-day span or close to it. Maybe the NBA told him to contract the virus and lay low…
He had two ppl kicked out the game for wishing death on his child. I guess that makes him a snitch?

He had two ppl kicked out the game for wishing death on his child. I guess that makes him a snitch?
I wrote the comment before the details of what happened was released. I don’t like it. But LeBron likes to use his platform to take shots at 17 year olds too. LeBron was a LeBitch before all that.

Let’s not forget him dressing down the lowly PA / MC this summer for making some comments in jest. He’s clearly thin-skinned as hell.

But he’s read the first few pages of MANY books so…

Last edited:
Not to start even more conspiracies, but apparently LeBron had a false positive, and has been reinstated. He will be playing tomorrow night vs. the Clippers.

I don’t like it. But LeBron likes to use his platform to take shots at 17 year olds too. When I wrote this, it wasn’t released what happened. But LeBron was a LeBitch before all that.

Let’s not forget him dressing down the lowly PA / MC this summer for making some comments in jest. He’s clearly thin-skinned as hell.
I would have had those weirdos thrown out too. Who wishes that someone’s child gets hit by a bus. Some people take sports and these sport stars way too seriously.

When there are fewer teams that means talent is more concentrated. Watching the end of his career doesn't let you see him dominate the NBA for years in a way that Lebron can't even consider.
Not in my opinion. From the videos, a bunch of un-Athletic guys were out there playing. Also, please be reminded that a lot of that era was during the times of segregation. Given what basketball has become, can you really say with a straight face that the best guys were out there playing.

Reactions: Macc Maine
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT