ADVERTISEMENT

Surprised no one is mentioning the phony fumble.

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
I understand that was the longest forward fumble in the history of the NCAA. Thank God for affordable Refs!!! Yeah we won!
We just didn't beat MSU!

I thought the interception call where the player was deemed to have come back in bounds before the interception was way more questionable than the forced fumble!

I thought the interception call where the player was deemed to have come back in bounds before the interception was way more questionable than the forced fumble!

That one threw me too. He supposedly established himself back in the field of play, bit did so with only one foot, because that foot left the ground last when he was jumping?

Weird, but you take it.

Reactions: uscwatson21
That one threw me too. He supposedly established himself back in the field of play, bit did so with only one foot, because that foot left the ground last when he was jumping?

Weird, but you take it.

Yeah that one appears to be legal but it's really hard to wrap your mind around why it's legal.

At no point did he have control of the ball when his arm was moving forward. The swipe made him lose his grip on the ball and he pushed it forward like a shot put.

My friend, and you are my friend, whether or not you like it. LOOK, I LOVE the GAMECOCKS!!! In my humble opinion is that the call was incorrect. WOW, when did Honesty, and Truth, become barbaning chips???

And don't forget, there are replay officials in Birmingham watching all games and reversing bad calls.
Too bad they couldn’t reverse the failure to call PI or holding on Rattler’s first incomplete pass in the end zone. Ref 5 feet away staring at it. Scary….almost like paid off it was so evident.

Reactions: CockFamily6
My friend, and you are my friend, whether or not you like it. LOOK, I LOVE the GAMECOCKS!!! In my humble opinion is that the call was incorrect. WOW, when did Honesty, and Truth, become barbaning chips???

The truth is in the video. Strachan hit the ball right before his arm started going forward. His arm, without a doubt, went forward without control or grip on the ball. Numerous clear angles show this. Was the arm going forward? Yes. Did he have control of the ball as his arm was going forward? Absolutely not.

Last edited:
Too bad they couldn’t reverse the failure to call PI or holding on Rattler’s first incomplete pass in the end zone. Ref 5 feet away staring at it. Scary….almost like paid off it was so evident.

They missed a lot of those type calls, but somehow got the two harder calls correct on the field. Humans gonna human.

I wish they would give coaches the ability for replay to review maybe one play a game that isn't currently reviewable. Some big games have been decided by a missed call.

Or trade a timeout for a missed call review.

Reactions: Robhawk29
They missed a lot of those type calls, but somehow got the two harder calls correct on the field. Humans gonna human.

I wish they would give coaches the ability for replay to review maybe one play a game that isn't currently reviewable. Some big games have been decided by a missed call.

Or trade a timeout for a missed call review.
go all in: 4 timeouts or 4 reviews per half, the choice is yours.

The truth is in the video. Strachan hit the ball right before his arm started going forward. His arm, without a doubt, went forward without control or grip on the ball. Numerous clear angles show this. Was the arm going forward? Yes. Did he have control of the ball as his arm was going forward? Absolutely not.

You nailed it. People think it’s all about the ball going forward. They don’t (or don’t want to) understand the qb has to have control when he starts forward.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
You nailed it. People think it’s all about the ball going forward. They don’t (or don’t want to) understand the qb has to have control when he starts forward.

The thing is his arm is moving forward when it’s hit by Strachan so he had to have control of it.

The thing is his arm is moving forward when it’s hit by Strachan so he had to have control of it.

Wrong. Strachan hit the ball when it was cock back behind his head. His arm and hand went force, but the ball wasn't secure in his hand anywhere in his forward motion.

Rear video view at :50 shows it clear as day. Not sure why you continue to cry about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT