ADVERTISEMENT

Swag Kelly begged to come to South Carolina

Kelly never wanted to come to USC. He's had his eye on Alabama and Ole Miss since he walked out the door after slapping Dabo around. Where do these idiots get their information.

Wow! TPB do you have a link or anything referencing Kelly begging? Anyway when Kelly was at Clemson and at SWMCC, Gamecocks were posting that he sucked. Kelly has all the tools and is a great QB, but he was just to immature when he was at Clemson. Maybe he's grown up some? I hope so for his sake.

Wow! TPB do you have a link or anything referencing Kelly begging? Anyway when Kelly was at Clemson and at SWMCC, Gamecocks were posting that he sucked. Kelly has all the tools and is a great QB, but he was just to immature when he was at Clemson. Maybe he's grown up some? I hope so for his sake.
"great QB"....now THAT'S funny.

Spurrier is so bull headed, that he wouldn't do anything like that. I know the kid had problems but He never pursued Golson either....

Wow, now that's deflating.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

and I laughed out loud...

Reactions: theZero
Kelly did mention USC but that was only a jab at Swinney who he probably despises.

Yeah he hates dablow. I bet he threaten to spray him with his ak. Could you imagine the look on that givers face. He probably had to get venables to kick him off the team.

Reactions: BigTomE
With Kelly, we win the SEC East for sure. Kid is a baller. What could have been. Nunez will right this cockaboose. Bet on it.

Agree that Kelly wasn't going to come here. Dabo had no say in where he transferred to. Kelly was transferring out of JUCO at that point.
That's true. You're correct. I think Kelly was just looking at schools where he would have basically a guaranteed starting position and a chance to win something big. Maybe if we were better last year then he would've considered us.

Just the fact that you clemmings are so adjectively addled. Competent becomes, GOOD. Good becomes GREAT. Better than average becomes Superstar.

Clemson and South Carolina have an agreement that they will not accept transfers (in football). Spurrier had no choice.
Didn't apply in this case and it didn't make a difference. Kelly was a JUCO transfer not a transfer from Clemson. Kelly was looking for a place he had a good or better chance of starting...that wasn't here.

...Spurrier said NO. Thanks Spurrier. WOW.

When 'Rival-site moderators' start making it up (for whatever reason - their own agendas?) it's a sad day in mudville ... like news some Judge is crooked or that your personal lawyer is guilty of stealing your escrow and even worse, a) is actually bankrupt, b) you ain't the only one, and c) the bum doesn't carry E&O insurance, which in SC [a state with its legislation CONTROLLED by lawyers] consumers have no idea whether they do or not as the SC State Bar has no requirement individual lawyers disclose that VITAL information to clients.

Beware the agrafe of 'respectability' ... and tread lightly around their supporters, collaborators or facilitators, as well.

Wouldn't matter if he did come here, do you honestly think our coaches would have him playing like he is at Ole Miss? Highly doubt it.

Wouldn't matter if he did come here, do you honestly think our coaches would have him playing like he is at Ole Miss? Highly doubt it.
Actually, yes. One of the good coaches we do have is Mangus. Now, learning Spurrier's system may have been more difficult and would've slowed him down. Think I remember reading that one of the reasons he chose Ole Miss was the offense they ran was similar to or the same as his JUCO team.

Spurrier's system? Please tell me what the hell that is and why it has never seen the field since he has been in Columbia. We need a system that can actually be implemented. We need a system QBs and WRs want to play in and can actually be effective. Hugh Freeze isn't having any trouble with Kelly learning his system. Would not have wanted Swag anyway but the point remains the same.

He didn't beg but told Johnathan Reynolds that he would definitely listen. Like the poster above said, this was an Ole Miss/Bama deal the whole time.

And he has NFL receivers that he can throw jump balls and back shoulder fades to at Ole Miss. Would not have that at Carolina. He would've helped though for sure.

He didn't beg but told Johnathan Reynolds that he would definitely listen. Like the poster above said, this was an Ole Miss/Bama deal the whole time.

Not quite
... he certainly didn't beg (and there was NO response from Spurrier)
From 247Sports:
Former Clemson quarterback Chad Kelly said Monday on Twitter that he "would love to" be recruited by South Carolina. Kelly's tweet was in response to Jonathan Reynolds of the Reynolds and Gunter Radio Show, who expressed the idea that South Carolina could really use his dual threat ability.

@RandG_Show @JReynolds560 wouldn't that be fun‼️‼️‼️‼️Would Love To!!!
— Chad Kelly (@ChadKelly_11) October 6, 2014

He was already talking to 'Bama and ole Miss and his 'response' was a RESPONSE to an opinion expressed on a radio show - NOT 'his' idea or initiation (or USC's).

"begged" and "rebuffed" is total BS ... did he want a 'free' flight that might take him through Atlanta so he might visit with his Falcon cheerleader girlfriend? Maybe ... probably. Was he tweeting to 'stick it' to clemson? Maybe ... probably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT