ADVERTISEMENT

T-Rob visited Chris Steele yesterday....

Just pay the man!! If Dan Mullen is your competition, gonna take cash in to seal the deal! An attache of cash debit cards or a gofundme page scam. But Mullen is one of the old school cash and sign recruiters.

Reactions: cockofdawn
He's the type of program-changing player you have to start getting if you want to compete with the Georgia's, Alabama's, and Clemson's of the world. We had a string of them from 2009-2013, but those guys have them all over the field at once.

It's wild that we've worked our way back in it, and I think we have at least some chance. But my gut says he's a Gator

Just having someone like Chris Steele considering us says a lot about this staff. We are recruiting nationally and these guys are at least listening to what our staff is selling.

That's what it will take to get to this program to the next level. Might not win all the battles but at least be a part of the fight.
Well said.

Beating the Gators could’nt have hurt.
But maybe the kid wants to be a trailblazer.
Hope so

What is it with all these California boys wanting to come to the east coast?
Clemson gets two in as many years and we could get 2 this cycle.

Reactions: king ward
Hilinski going from 4 to 5 stars would probably do that. We are not that far behind anyone but perhaps Bama and UGA. Quit trying to find the dark cloud in everything.
I'm actually doing just the opposite. If you weren't so intent on gigging somebody, you would see that.

I have posited a better outcome than what has previously been published about our recruiting ranking in the SEC (9th). How do you get dark cloud from that?
I just took someone else's mention of a dark cloud and turned it into a rhyme - I figured you'd appreciate the effort if not the sentiment. ;)

I hope sending an assistant was smarter than sending the head coach because Mullen went to see him himself that same day.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I have posited a better outcome than what has previously been published about our recruiting ranking in the SEC (9th). How do you get dark cloud from that?
A majority of what you say on here regardless of sport is a dark cloud, doom and gloom type of post. Makes one wonder what kind of fan you really are. If up to you we would have fired every coach over the past couple of months along with AD.

A majority of what you say on here regardless of sport is a dark cloud, doom and gloom type of post. Makes one wonder what kind of fan you really are. If up to you we would have fired every coach over the past couple of months along with AD.

What he said was true . Don’t confuse dark cloud for Facts . We are ranked 9th in the SEC behind UT , Ole Miss and Arkansas on every recruiting service . A 5 Star commitment would probably jump us up to #7 . It is what it is . We have a very good class nationally, in terms of SEC we are about middle of the pack . We have only signed 2 Five Stars in our history so the way I look at it the staff is doing a pretty good job . Only takes one or two big time difference makers . Anybody know what our class was ranked the year we signed Clowney ?? Or Lattimore ?? Neither were top 10 classes . Worked out pretty good .

Reactions: 92Pony
You have your interpretation; I know my intention. The only thing I "want" is to see Carolina reach the heights solidly before I die.

Just pay the man!! If Dan Mullen is your competition, gonna take cash in to seal the deal! An attache of cash debit cards or a gofundme page scam. But Mullen is one of the old school cash and sign recruiters.
That is correct, sir.

What he said was true . Don’t confuse dark cloud for Facts . We are ranked 9th in the SEC behind UT , Ole Miss and Arkansas on every recruiting service . A 5 Star commitment would probably jump us up to #7 . It is what it is . We have a very good class nationally, in terms of SEC we are about middle of the pack . We have only signed 2 Five Stars in our history so the way I look at it the staff is doing a pretty good job . Only takes one or two big time difference makers . Anybody know what our class was ranked the year we signed Clowney ?? Or Lattimore ?? Neither were top 10 classes . Worked out pretty good .
2007 - 7
2008 - 35
2009 - 14
2010 - 34
2011 - 17
Some of the guys you recruit get hurt or just washout. Others are better than expected. But you really got to get in the top classes consistently to be elite. The numbers don't lie.

I'm worried even if he comes here he'd transfer out. California is a long way from home. That said I'd love to have his commitment, but I'm not gonna hang my hat on this outcome as being that critical

2007 - 7
2008 - 35
2009 - 14
2010 - 34
2011 - 17
Some of the guys you recruit get hurt or just washout. Others are better than expected. But you really got to get in the top classes consistently to be elite. The numbers don't lie.
You don't do it with mirrors over the long term. On the other hand, look what happens when you STOP doing it in recruiting. Look no further than Miami or FSU.

I wont deny any facts, however when the only "facts" you share are disparraging to the teams rather than really ever share facts that support the teams, coaches, and players, then that is where the porblem lies. I dont doubt King ward is a good guy and all, it just seems the most posts I read from him usually are negative in some way or another. A positive post about the teams would be good once in a while.

Reactions: Athenscock1
I wont deny any facts, however when the only "facts" you share are disparraging to the teams rather than really ever share facts that support the teams, coaches, and players, then that is where the porblem lies. I dont doubt King ward is a good guy and all, it just seems the most posts I read from him usually are negative in some way or another. A positive post about the teams would be good once in a while.

Agree 100

2007 - 7
2008 - 35
2009 - 14
2010 - 34
2011 - 17

Yeah you are absolutely right . Who was the last National Champ that’s wasn’t landing top 10 classes . I’ll answer for you ... there ain’t one . My main point is it doesn’t take but one or two special players in a class to totally transform a program . You can point to guys like Lattimore, Manziel, Clowney , Mariota , Cam etc etc . Only takes one to take a so so team to Elite . Problem is , when that player leaves and you aren’t reloading you were just a flash in the pan !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT