ADVERTISEMENT

TAMU out of Gator Bowl

I do, from my youth, when I'd devour the yearly media guides from Dad's GC membership.

I even attended the game at W-B in 1986, which was overcast and chilly. Then, I watched Gamecock fans take over Winston-Salem for the rematch at Grove Stadium in 1987. Both games were Gamecock victories.

I don't think Gamecock fans want to face Wake's offense with Sam Hartman this year. However, by the same measure, you don't want to face Sam Howell, either.
Hello Dave Odom. It has to be you, considering you’re a Gamecock and Demon Deacon fan😂

First of all we’re not going there. The SEC isn’t about to create a domino effect.

Second I think this is bull. We’ve got schools that play 8 man football. Our basketball team just played the last two games with half its team in the protocol. They COULD have played but they have CHOSEN not to play. Should be reported exactly like that.

Not arguing with you or singling out Aggies, but I'd suspect there are 50+ scholarship players, plus dozens of "12th men" available. If nothing else, let the scrubs play as a reward for being cannon fodder in practice all season.
Take it up with Jimbo. I'm just posting what he stated.

How do you say you're scared without saying you're scared?
Scared of TAMU? Yep. I'd take Wake, but you have to give me 24 points.

Wake versus South Carolina? I'd take Wake and give 8 points. Nothing about the Gamecock offense, or defense, matches well against Wake.

South Carolina versus North Carolina? I'll take North Carolina and give the 9.5 points. Sam Howell is a PITA, running and throwing, and the Gamecocks are woeful on both OL and DL.

Reactions: Kuga1414
Hear me out- crazy thought… What if we offer to play both?! Play our bowl and play the Gator. If they move it back a day or two, it is not any more time between that and a Sat-Thurs game! 🤪

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
First of all we’re not going there. The SEC isn’t about to create a domino effect.

Second I think this is bull. We’ve got schools that play 8 man football. Our basketball team just played the last two games with half its team in the protocol. They COULD have played but they have CHOSEN not to play. Should be reported exactly like that.
How many threads did we have here about the clemsun basketball game and how stupid it was to play it? If TAMU has the option to withdraw without it being a forfeit (which we did not) and “half” their team would be unable to play, Why show up for what is basically an automatic loss?

How many threads did we have here about the clemsun basketball game and how stupid it was to play it? If TAMU has the option to withdraw without it being a forfeit (which we did not) and “half” their team would be unable to play, Why show up for what is basically an automatic loss?
Well I know how many threads there are and I’m just built differently. There is a team and if half of them have busted their ass all year then they’ve earned the right to go play. They may win, they may lose but even the kids that have been benchwarmers who have taken SEC beat downs in practice but rarely in a game could play.

Wake is by far a world beater and the Aggies could field a competitive team. With the money they have, they could fly guys individually down to Jacksonville.

Really??? The game is played on December 31 and you're going to have you fans cancel their reservations at the last minute???

Suck it up buttercups and play the game... Just because you don't want to lose, doesn't mean you can back out because of COVID...

Get over it and play... We're playing UNCarolina without key players...

It’s BS to even make them sit for having a cold, what at least a week out!!

I do, from my youth, when I'd devour the yearly media guides from Dad's GC membership.

I even attended the game at W-B in 1986, which was overcast and chilly. Then, I watched Gamecock fans take over Winston-Salem for the rematch at Groves Stadium in 1987. Both games were Gamecock victories.

I don't think Gamecock fans want to face Wake's offense with Sam Hartman this year. However, by the same measure, you don't want to face Sam Howell, either.
The 1987 game in WS was the last time we've face the Deacons on the gridiron.

And that is what the vaccine is supposed to accomplish per public health officials - reduce the efficacy of the disease.
Don’t bother trying to be logical with this crowd. I’m reading comments like “fake news” and “Chinese flu”. They seem to think they’re smarter than people who have been studying Covid for years.

I’ve been saying all along that when I can go to CVS and buy a box of Thera-Corona, THAT’S when it’s like the flu. Until then, I’ll be happy to get vaccines and boosters, wear a mask, and practice general health rules as I deem appropriate. For those who don’t do these things, I don’t WANT anyone to die but if they do, they won’t get any sympathy from me. They’ve had their chance to be a considerate part of society but they chose to let Covid run rampant. Screw ‘em.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I saw today's Hawaii Bowl was cancelled. I guess this will just be a Hawaii Christmas for the Memphis players who I assume were already in Hawaii when it was announced.

Don’t bother trying to be logical with this crowd. I’m reading comments like “fake news” and “Chinese flu”. They seem to think they’re smarter than people who have been studying Covid for years.

I’ve been saying all along that when I can go to CVS and buy a box of Thera-Corona, THAT’S when it’s like the flu. Until then, I’ll be happy to get vaccines and boosters, wear a mask, and practice general health rules as I deem appropriate. For those who don’t do these things, I don’t WANT anyone to die but if they do, they won’t get any sympathy from me. They’ve had their chance to be a considerate part of society but they chose to let Covid run rampant. Screw ‘em.
Dumbass poty

My wife and I are going to get our third shots this afternoon, FWIW,

Reactions: ShannonL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT