ADVERTISEMENT

Tannyhill 473 yd Record

OK, well I was clearly wrong about this....ended up not even cracking the top 10 of single game yardage...but he was definitely on pace for a while...
I did notice that after today he is 4,074 yds away from Todd Ellis as the all time yardage leader with just under 1.5 seasons to go....
Wonder if he'll make it????

OK, well I was clearly wrong about this....ended up not even cracking the top 10 of single game yardage...but he was definitely on pace for a while...
I did notice that after today he is 4,074 yds away from Todd Ellis as the all time yardage leader with just under 1.5 seasons to go....

If he stays healthy and improves next year he can. But he will never catch Todd’s interception record. That one is for all time.

It's kinda sad every time I look up and see Todd Ellis record of 9953 yards and has stood for almost 30 years...There's an extra game now, and it would be 3rd best at Clemson, 3rd best at Florida and 4th best at UGA.

It's kinda sad every time I look up and see Todd Ellis record of 9953 yards and has stood for almost 30 years...There's an extra game now, and it would be 3rd best at Clemson, 3rd best at Florida and 4th best at UGA.
In all fairness to the other USC QB's they didn't have Sterling Sharpe and Robert Brooks to throw it too either. Ellis should buy those two steak dinners every year forever.

Todd Ellis was good for about 2 interceptions a game and we all knew it. He had the size and arm strength to be a really good qb and wouldve probably been a high 4 star coming out of high school. I remember it was a big deal when he commited to us.

In his defense the run and shoot was garbage and not suited for him. I also think he had a different offensive cord. every year he was here.

Now to the "Ellis didnt play an SEC schedule" argument. No we played some SEC teams here and there but our schedule was tough. Maybe 2019 tough. For some crazy reason we really licked ourselves with these outrageous teams we played.

Back in the 80s NC State was a tough team, always ranked and really good. We played Miami, Nebraska , FSU and those 3 teams were Alabama good then. As an independent and in charge of just creating our own schedule we killed ourselves. Chrated ourselves out of a few bowl games im sure

Todd threw 73 interceptions without facing SEC competition and missing games due to injury. That's hard to do. That record will never be broken.

He missed at least one game because i sat there in the freezing cold. My pops would say are you ready to go? I'd say "no i want to stay for the whole game"

That was an epic beat down we got from Clemson in Williams Brice tjat night and Dickie DeMassie played qb because Ellis was hurt. We knew Ellis would just throw a bunch of intetceptions in any big game so you knew it was going to be a loss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT