ADVERTISEMENT

Taters Freaking Out about Belk and Now Pickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
One coach took over a struggling program and built it into a national champion and the other took over a national champion and built it into a struggling program...

that's what I've seen so far.
It wasn't struggling during the 5 in a row bud don't blink because it's going to happen again. You give much too much credit to Dabo. You can credit that 5 in a row that's what got your supporters slipping $$$$ under doors. I would put any one of those 5 in a row teams up against the best teams you're bought since then.

It wasn't struggling during the 5 in a row bud don't blink because it's going to happen again. You give much too much credit to Dabo. You can credit that 5 in a row that's what got your supporters slipping $$$$ under doors. I would put any one of those 5 in a row teams up against the best teams you're bought since then.

They would not stand a chance with our defensive line during that time. There offensive line has always sucked. How many play in the NFL?

Clowney and crew would have spanked deeshawn in the backfield at will. Funny you mentioned this. I told a tater friend the same thing the other day.

They would not stand a chance with our defensive line during that time. Their offensive line has always sucked. How many play in the NFL?

Clowney and crew would have spanked deeshawn in the backfield at will. Funny you mentioned this. I told a tater friend the same thing the other day.

Yep, I remember all talk about Bama's defense in 2016 possibly being the best of all time...then they'd mention the gamecock defense of 2013, and everyone would change the subject...

Good post, but I would say during SOS 3 11 win seasons we had as good a talent as CU or UGa.
We had numbers of good recruits about the same time Dabo took over at clemson and only got 13 signees his first cycle. Tajy was one. Many of those weren't there a few years later so he had some catching up to do. Then we kinda stopped paying much attention to recruiting.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
We had numbers of good recruits about the same time Dabo took over at clemson and only got 13 signees his first cycle. Tajy was one. Many of those weren't there a few years later so he had some catching up to do. Then we kinda stopped paying much attention to recruiting.
Yep, we had 3 11 wins seasons and Spurrier's said we can coast now, that's the main reason I have a problem with Spurrier, he quit, you can't quit in CFB or you get passed by, that set our program back at least 5 years, meanwhile up in cowtown Dabo just kept working and got the last laugh, and you have to admire him for that!

raining_david_tennant.gif
Who’s it raining on ?

T-Nut is hilarious! There’s a thread on there that states that...”Mud Champ reminds them of a classic Used Car Salesman”...Muschamp is a football coach. He coordinates the defense. Wonder what Dabo reminds them of? He’s a classic snake oil salesman...and not a coach.
He reminds me of a winner

Yep, we had 3 11 wins seasons and Spurrier's said we can coast now, that's the main reason I have a problem with Spurrier, he quit, you can't quit in CFB or you get passed by, that set our program back at least 5 years, meanwhile up in cowtown Dabo just kept working and got the last laugh, and you have to admire him for that!

I give Spurrier a tip of the cap for Cow U winning that Natty. That is probably a stretch but Spurrier quitting 4 years before he retired had to help. I can never forgive that man for quitting like he did.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Now is not the time the two coaches should be compared give Boom the same amount of years at Carolina that Dabo has had at Climzum then we'll talk. One difference though it Muschamp was a head coach at Fl. in the SEC before come to Carolina. He was fired but landed great jobs in the SEC. Dabo was a receiver coach who sold ins.
So Boom has has 2 yrs as HC in FL and 2yrs here. 4 total yrs HC plus was HC-in-waiting yrs. But what you are suggesting is in 3 more yrs Champ will have us in playoffs, 4yrs win a Nattie, and contender again the next yr. I love optimism, I am not saying he can not but I couldn't say it with true belief.

Reactions: legalsizecock
One coach took over a struggling program and built it into a national champion and the other took over a national champion and built it into a struggling program...

that's what I've seen so far.

Forget about the part he took us from 3 wins to 6 wins to 9 wins ? Taternet is that way

He is also the guy who built Clemson into what it is now. Clemson has played for 2 national titles won one and been to playoffs 3 straight years. I'd say that's pretty damn impressive no matter who you pull for. We'll talk when/if Muschamp ever has all that on his resume
Gamecock fan but you're right. I've never liked Dabo but he is a perfect college coach. Hired great coordinators and led the recruiting. A man's strengths sometimes is knowing his weaknesses. And he does what he does well ( recruits and being the CEO of the program) and hired others to do what he can't. But I do believe Muschamp has USC headed in the right direction and it will be a good series again by next year if not this year. Just my .02

Thank you for not spewing hatred and nonsense. I can talk to somebody like you. I do think yall have made significant improvement under Muschamp. To me the question now becomes is McClendon the right guy to run the offense.

Reactions: wolverine 2
Thank you for not spewing hatred and nonsense. I can talk to somebody like you. I do think yall have made significant improvement under Muschamp. To me the question now becomes is McClendon the right guy to run the offense.
That's a question many of us have....but having Werner's success and experience has allayed a lot of concerns.

Boom is setting up his offensive side like he has the defense setup. I.E., he's the defensive guru with T-Rob heading it up. On the O-side, he has McLendon heading it up with Werner as the guru. It's not a bad approach.

If nothing else, the hire shows that Muschamp is learning and getting better as a head coach. That in today's college football you need a strong defense, but you also have to score points. He did not lose the UF job because of his defenses.

Gamecock fan but you're right. I've never liked Dabo but he is a perfect college coach. Hired great coordinators and led the recruiting. A man's strengths sometimes is knowing his weaknesses. And he does what he does well ( recruits and being the CEO of the program) and hired others to do what he can't. But I do believe Muschamp has USC headed in the right direction and it will be a good series again by next year if not this year. Just my .02
He's good at what he does, but what he does is not a lot different than what his boss is doing. The main difference between Dabo and Dan Radakovich is that Dabo isn't also responsible for baseball, basketball, etc. Why doesn't anyone think Radakovich is a great coach?

It really all comes down to how you define what a coach is.

I feel like as long as Muschamp let's McClendon run the offense like he wants to and doesn't interfere yall will be ok. You cannot run the ball up the middle 3 times punt and play defense. You have to score alot of points to win CFB now

So Boom has has 2 yrs as HC in FL and 2yrs here. 4 total yrs HC plus was HC-in-waiting yrs. But what you are suggesting is in 3 more yrs Champ will have us in playoffs, 4yrs win a Nattie, and contender again the next yr. I love optimism, I am not saying he can not but I couldn't say it with true belief.
Read it again. I said we will compare after that time but I wouldn't bet against Muschamp.

Why is the fact that Dabo has never been a coordinator before such a big deal to gamecock fans? The fact that he is winning at such a high level makes it a moot point. So long as you win who cares if you came in straight off the street. I just don't understand that argument

I'm very happy that we are starting to pick up some high quality players. Also the coaching staff has been getting the most out of the players we have. However, our new success has no impact on what the other teams such as Georgia, Alabama, or Clemson have for starters and back ups. We are still not at that level and have zero reason to talk smack. Beating those teams with less talent is what we have done in the past and pulling those upsets are very rewarding. Can always talk after you do something but smack talk does not represent Gamecock nation well. I have been embarrassed by some scores, not the effort of the team, recently and can hardly wait to challenge some of the power teams. But letting our recruiting which is still behind theirs equate to their immediate destruction is not an intelligent hypothesis. I really think we can be competitive against anyone on the schedule this year but I would not talk garbage just because we picked up a 5 star for the '19 class. You just look stupid! MHO
Oh, so you mean we still have work to do before we are allowed to believe we can whip THE MIGHTY CLEMSON TIGERS ? Our talent level is very close to Clemson's. Our coaching staff is better. We will finish several notches above them in this year's recruiting class. We don't have to catch up to Clemson when we will very soon be looking at them in our rear view mirror.

Why is the fact that Dabo has never been a coordinator before such a big deal to gamecock fans? The fact that he is winning at such a high level makes it a moot point. So long as you win who cares if you came in straight off the street. I just don't understand that argument
Dabo was never a coordinator.

Reactions: TheReelEss
I feel like as long as Muschamp let's McClendon run the offense like he wants to and doesn't interfere yall will be ok. You cannot run the ball up the middle 3 times punt and play defense. You have to score alot of points to win CFB now
On the other hand, he should have interfered with Roper a little more. And, eventually, he did by replacing him.

BuddyLee101514Member
NewWhy is the fact that Dabo has never been a coordinator before such a big deal to gamecock fans? The fact that he is winning at such a high level makes it a moot point. So long as you win who cares if you came in straight off the street. I just don't understand thatargument

Nobody really gives a rat’s ass, if Dabo was a coordinator. That’s Clemson’s decision to make. I said...He’s not a “coach”. He’s a great recruiter and pathological liar though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT