ADVERTISEMENT

Taters having a complete meltdown

I hope it works for none of them. Gary Gibbs (a once great DC) burned out there once he got the head job.

Hopefully the same result befalls Skeletor. MAYBE Clemson finds a DC that has zero experience ever coordinating a defense, but someone that many people really, really like and think he could do well if given a chance. That is my Christmas wish for Clemson.
How would you feel, as a Gamecock fan....if that scenario happened?

There are some Clemson fans having total meltdowns, but they are the "bandwagon" fans that were probably Gamecock band wagon fans during the Spurrier years. Most of us are very happy for Venables and his future. We also trust Dabo to make a good hire to replace him. We will be fine!!!

There are some Clemson fans having total meltdowns, but they are the "bandwagon" fans that were probably Gamecock band wagon fans during the Spurrier years. Most of us are very happy for Venables and his future. We also trust Dabo to make a good hire to replace him. We will be fine!!!

Agree. Most of us knew this is what happens when you build a successful program with successful coaches. I expect the next Clemson DC to be similarly successful.

Not 1, but 2 taters trying to hijack a post on a gamecock site. Gotta love it.
I don’t see that at all. Both expressed an opinion based on the OP. No one loathes Clempsun more than I do, but come on man. I will disagree with the one that says they’d find a DC as good as Venables. Good luck with that! He’s easily top 5 in college football, imho of course.

I don't know. Maybe so, maybe not. I don't question Clempson CAN make a good hire. But you have to admit that when schools go on a run like CU has been on, there is something special about the chemistry of the folks involved that makes it all work. When it starts to break apart, there are no guarantees you can put it back together. Maybe thats why Dabo is flirting with the LV Raiders.

I don't know. Maybe so, maybe not. I don't question Clempson CAN make a good hire. But you have to admit that when schools go on a run like CU has been on, there is something special about the chemistry of the folks involved that makes it all work. When it starts to break apart, there are no guarantees you can put it back together. Maybe thats why Dabo is flirting with the LV Raiders.
That special chemistry was ostarine and a certain church mixed together.

We Shall See As The Spider Said to The Fly, before He Ate It. I'll say this for you. You are a True Tater though. Disillusioned with Your Other Cult Like Tater Fans.

I did jot down your member name so when all of tater town falls completely apart I can send you a post. Because also like a true tater, when the team disappoints you, you go away and hide under Howard's Rock. No Where to be Seen.

I did jot down your member name so when all of tater town falls completely apart I can send you a post. Because also like a true tater, when the team disappoints you, you go away and hide under Howard's Rock. No Where to be Seen.
I'm 68 years old. I have never been critical of the Gamecock posters on this site. I've been a Clemson fan all my life, a season ticket holder for many years and have never abandoned my Tigers.

Reactions: atl-cock
There's no guarantee Venables will succeed as head coach at OU. He will discover the competition is a bit tougher in the SEC as opposed to the ACC and Big 12.
I think he will be fine after a few cycles of recruiting defensive kids. He was 15-6(15-2 against teams not named Bama and UGA) against the SEC at Clemson with 3 of the losses coming in the playoffs. OU had the brand name and now they can used Venables name, record, and the jump to the SEC to hit the southeast for recruits.

I think he will be fine after a few cycles of recruiting defensive kids. He was 15-6(15-2 against teams not named Bama and UGA) against the SEC at Clemson with 3 of the losses coming in the playoffs. OU had the brand name and now they can used Venables name, record, and the jump to the SEC to hit the southeast for recruits.
How many of those 15 wins were against USC? 7? LOL

We're about to see how Dabo is out of his league. He's a cheerleader and nothing more. I'm sure the AD and administration will be heavily involved in hiring someone. It won't be like it is here will RT and no accountability.
out of his league?...and a cheerleader? Pretty sure Beamer is using Dabo's exact playbook on trying to get Carolina relevant. The amount of braincells it took to write this post is embarrassing to other Carolina fans...take the garnet glasses off. Its embarrassing.

They better do something fast. The main part of Dabos duties of HC is improving his speed running down the hill every year and spastic half-time interviews. If actual coaching interferes with these duties Dabo will be in trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT