ADVERTISEMENT

Tearing up the 3* football commitments....

NaturalGC7

Aug 22, 2014
Concord, NC
and taterville letting everyone know "but these are the 3*s we want and they fit our schemes."

It looks like their shotgun approach to recruiting isn't working well so far this year. Muschamp is only a short time away from owning them in this part of the game also.

It's a great time to be a Gamecock and getting better.

Yeah but their 3 star recruits should be 5 stars to hear them say it. Maybe they are taking the WM approach rather than going by star power like they have been doing and relying on the list that the recruiting services put out that they pay for every year.

The taters ARE trying to sign the 5 stars (forget what you heard), but honestly they are stocked at most positions and 4 & 5 stars will not go there and wait 2 years to play. What that means is teams like us will get those players with this staff’s recruiting efforts. That’s how the tide changes.

I heard on Heath's show the other day that just on our staff we have over 100 combined years of experience in recruiting in the SEC. Muschamp has coached at some of the top SEC programs so he knows where all the skeletons are buried and even how other schools would recruit against us in the past. While we probably won't be passing the taters anytime soon in the rankings, we are once again making them look over their shoulder in recruiting and becoming a pain in their butt.

Reactions: THEwinningera
I think over the past few year they only had about 15-17 schollys to give. I think I read someplace that they have around 25 to give next year...seems to reason they want fill all those spots with 4 and 5 stars. Hopefully the tide is turning, you already had 2 QB's transfer over playing time.

I end up defending alot of the 3 stars we sign, whose tape I like, not sure why i would slam 3 stars i know nothing about, some end up being pretty good, sometimes better then 4 stars or 5 stars.

Like RJ Roderick who had a very good spring for us, and I had to defend on here as his stars and lack of offers meant he was no good to some.

The biggest negative or criticism that I see you can say about them that will bite them eventually is only one instate player committed so far, in the big linebacker from Swansea, who is a 3 star with limited offers because he is not doing the camps much, did well at theirs, so I wont slam him, we get some of those camp stars to, he has pretty good size and tape which is why they probably like him

Point is sometimes all these out of state kids they are taking get a little homesick especially when they are sitting on the bench and especially if they quit going to the playoffs, and want to transfer leaving a hole, watch and see.

Last edited:
and taterville letting everyone know "but these are the 3*s we want and they fit our schemes."

It looks like their shotgun approach to recruiting isn't working well so far this year. Muschamp is only a short time away from owning them in this part of the game also.

It's a great time to be a Gamecock and getting better.

Don’t you think Dabos ears are HUGE

I think over the past few year they only had about 15-17 schollys to give. I think I read someplace that they have around 25 to give next year...seems to reason they want fill all those spots with 4 and 5 stars. Hopefully the tide is turning, you already had 2 QB's transfer over playing time.

Classes of 21, 14, and 17 in 2016-18 (and that's without sanctions). There is room for 27 in 2019, maybe up to 30. About 15 should redshirt.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
The op is trolling and bait swallowed. Take a look at his history. Every comment or topic he posted is/was Clemson related . Who has time to create a user profile just to go to your rivals board and post everyday. That's some childish shit
Ok child.
And the op is right, taters loading up on 3*s early, and trying to make em sound like huge gets. Couple that with with all the transfers, and makes you wonder, is there trouble up there in tater-totville?

They have also had nine 4 star, or higher, players transfer out since last season.

I only count three: QBs Johnson & Cooper, and DT Belk. 5 others were 3*s and Trapp was a 2*. Out of that bunch, only Fuller ever played much, but he was 3rd or 4th at the end of last season. Before you say it, Belk was a real loss to depth in 2019 and beyond.

Reactions: purple94
Classes of 21, 14, and 17 in 2016-18 (and that's without sanctions). There is room for 27 in 2019, maybe up to 30. About 15 should redshirt.
It don't matter how much room you have , you can sign a max of 25 players per class, period.

It don't matter how much room you have , you can sign a max of 25 players per class, period.

That's not the rule. You can have 25 initial counters for a particular year, not the same thing as signees because of back-counting. There is a ton of room in this class because:

The 2018 class had 17 signees. 9 enrolled early and can be back-counted to the 2017 leaving 8 initial counters for 2017. That gives room for 42 signees in 2018 based on the initial counter rule. It's how schools can sign 30 players in a year.

That's not the rule. You can have 25 initial counters for a particular year, not the same thing as signees because of back-counting. There is a ton of room in this class because:

The 2018 class had 17 signees. 9 enrolled early and can be back-counted to the 2017 leaving 8 initial counters for 2017. That gives room for 42 signees in 2018 based on the initial counter rule. It's how schools can sign 30 players in a year.
I thought that was how the rule used to work. But now it is a max of 25 period.

I thought that was how the rule used to work. But now it is a max of 25 period.

That's how it still works unless they changed it last week. The SEC rule is a little more complicated - a max of 28 signees between December and May, so that limits how many can be back-counted.

The op is trolling and bait swallowed. Take a look at his history. Every comment or topic he posted is/was Clemson related . Who has time to create a user profile just to go to your rivals board and post everyday. That's some childish shit
A sheephumping tater telling me I'm a troller? My post are about KKKlempsux....I hate them and everything about them. Me going to a rivals board would mean I'd sign up to that dumpster fire called tnut. Go away POS.

Wrong.

and the
Thank you!

Honestly, I don't know the rule and if/when it changed, but in 2018 UCLA signed 28, TX and ND signed 27 and numerous teams signed 26 including UGA and MO in the sec. In 2017 Bama signed 29 and Michigan signed 30. So unless something changed in the previous year, it appears that you can sign over 25.

and the

Honestly, I don't know the rule and if/when it changed, but in 2018 UCLA signed 28, TX and ND signed 27 and numerous teams signed 26 including UGA and MO in the sec. In 2017 Bama signed 29 and Michigan signed 30. So unless something changed in the previous year, it appears that you can sign over 25.

It’s just confusion about the difference between signees and initial counters. You can have a max of 25 new FBS players on scholarship in any given year - those are the initial counters. You can sign more in a single year in three ways - guys that enroll early can be counted against the previous year, guys that delay enrollment can be counted against the next year, and guys that don’t qualify just don’t enroll at all.

It’s just confusion about the difference between signees and initial counters. You can have a max of 25 new FBS players on scholarship in any given year - those are the initial counters. You can sign more in a single year in three ways - guys that enroll early can be counted against the previous year, guys that delay enrollment can be counted against the next year, and guys that don’t qualify just don’t enroll at all.
It’s my understanding that if they sign a LOI they count, whether they qualify/enroll or not.

Also, if what you say is true why aern’t our coaches bringing in 28 this cycle? We only signed 21 last cycle and we’re 3 under the 85 rule...so why wouldn’t they bring in 3 extra?
Guess I’ll have to go back and look it up, but I believe you are wrong.

and the

I think the way it is UGA signing 26 last year because maybe 1 of the previous didn't qualify or something like that and 1 counted back to last years class but it is a rule you can only have 85 scholarship players and sign a max of 25. Somebody correct me if i am wrong.

Reactions: rogue cock
Also, if what you say is true why aern’t our coaches bringing in 28 this cycle? We only signed 21 last cycle and we’re 3 under the 85 rule...so why wouldn’t they bring in 3 extra?
Guess I’ll have to go back and look it up, but I believe you are wrong.

How many players do you have leaving after the 2018 season - is it 25? The number would start with that plus the 3 that you are under the 85 cap.

I count 15 USC seniors, so you can sign 18 or more, depending on early departures or transfers. We have 20 seniors, 2-3 early departures, and are 4 under the cap - that's where I get 27.

https://247sports.com/Article/Colle...Explaining-the-tweaked-25-man-rule-112220845/

From what this says you can only sign 25 per year. The exception comes with early enrollees. You can have up to 5 early enrollees count toward the previous class and only 5. If a player signs and does not quality, you lose that as it still counts as one of your 25. So the most Clemson could sign is 30 this year, as long as they have 5 early enrollees and 5 spots from last class available and this 30 keeps them at 85 or under...

Reactions: Pole and rogue cock
We are recruiting at the minimum level of 4 star recruiting.

Clemson is 2/1000ths behind us.

Using the composite here is how I rank the 4 stars recruiting classes (of more than 10 commits) qualitatively.

1. UGA (10) 95

2. Bama (16) 93

3. tOSU (11) 92
TX (10)
OK (13)
FSU (12)

7. OR (12) 90
TENN (10)
AUB (11)
NDame (15)
Mich (11)

12. A&M (18) 89
Miss State (15)
LSU (15)
GameCocks (15) 89.01
----------------------/--
If I rounded the decimal points, Miami (88.9) and Clempsun (88.8) would fall into a 4 star recruiting average.

Penn State has an average recruit rank of 91.8 but the have only 9 recruits.

https://247sports.com/Article/Colle...Explaining-the-tweaked-25-man-rule-112220845/

From what this says you can only sign 25 per year. The exception comes with early enrollees. You can have up to 5 early enrollees count toward the previous class and only 5. If a player signs and does not quality, you lose that as it still counts as one of your 25. So the most Clemson could sign is 30 this year, as long as they have 5 early enrollees and 5 spots from last class available and this 30 keeps them at 85 or under...

Good article. I searched & searched for a limit on back counting with no luck. I think you could go over 30 using gray-shirts, but can’t find anything definitive. We’ve used that to stay under 85, with the Davis twins and a few others already connected to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT