ADVERTISEMENT

Teaster a tater...no surprise

They also got a wide receiver today. They've already got 5 4 star guys for next year.

Who cares? If he wants to lose to us 4 years in a row then that's his right. Bellamy was all world too and you see what happened there. Feaster will regret this when he meets Blackshear and Wideman! We will have too much on the defensive front for those guys. Their O line is always garbage. He'd have to be Barry Sanders to run behind those guys. I can't remember the last time they had a guy with close to 200 yards in a game. I don't even think Spiller did that. Feaster is probably overrated anyway. I'll take David Williams over him any day.

Originally posted by cockynSC66:
Who cares? If he wants to lose to us 4 years in a row then that's his right. Bellamy was all world too and you see what happened there. Feaster will regret this when he meets Blackshear and Wideman! We will have too much on the defensive front for those guys. Their O line is always garbage. He'd have to be Barry Sanders to run behind those guys. I can't remember the last time they had a guy with close to 200 yards in a game. I don't even think Spiller did that. Feaster is probably overrated anyway. I'll take David Williams over him any day.
Three months ago for close to 200 yards.

You can thank Ward for that. Now that we brought in the best D line class, you won't be so lucky. SOS will have our boys in the top 10 defensively next year. We will be vastly improved. Once we beat down UNC to begin the year, let that be an early message to other ACC teams that we do it better in the SEC. Spurrier is the greatest coach to ever walk a sideline, he will have us back to playoff discussion in no time.

This post was edited on 2/4 8:29 PM by cockynSC66

I forgot that. I was thinking those were jet sweeps so they counted as passing yards right?
No, that would be Artavis Scott, who got 185 yards, as a receiver...in addition to Wayne Gallman's 191 on the ground.

You can thank Ward for that. Now that we brought in the best D line class, you won't be so lucky. SOS will have our boys in the top 10 defensively next year. We will be vastly improved. Once we beat down UNC to begin the year, let that be an early message to other ACC teams that we do it better in the SEC. Spurrier is the greatest coach to ever walk a sideline, he will have us back to playoff discussion in no time.

This post was edited on 2/4 8:29 PM by cockynSC66
Hunh?

I'm not sure I understand Clemson's recruiting success. They are obviously good at it, but why? They play in the least competitive of the power five conferences. I would think just being in the SEC would give us an advantage right off the bat. If I'm a four or five star recruit I want to play the best. Test myself. Play in awesome venues. What does Dabo sell the Clemson experience as? Come here and beat up a bunch of unranked nobodies in front of small crowds, usually on ESPNU?

This is why. Great article on how teams recruit with money to players.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Buying Recruits.

Dabo

It pains me greatly to say it, but Dabo is in the process of building an elite program at Clemson based on the athletes he is recruiting. I wouldn't be surprised if they are not playing for the NC within the next five years.

Re: Dabo

Never....not as long as FSU, GT, and USC are on the schedule. I don't see an ACC team in the tournament again until they expand to an 8-team format and forced to take an ACC champion.

If Dabo could coach as good as he recruits, he would already have an elite program. I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the promises these kids and their families get.

Dabo was recruiting at Clemson when Tommy Bowden was the HC, he has beaten Spurrier only ONE time as a HC ( he was coaching at the end of the season they fired Bowden, not made HC until the next year), and they had some of the best recruits that they have recruited during that time. We had a bad year, 5 in a row until this year, all our wins were by double digits. Time will tell how well they do, but his record so far speaks for itself.

what amazes me about Dabo is he never got Sammy Watkins in the end zone against South Carolina. Flat out amazing

Why even mention this clown? This is a Carolina board (or used to be). Who gives a crap about Dabo or "thar" recruiting? Not trying to bash fellow Gamecocks, but all the clem talk on the board is getting old.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Taters best defense they had in decades.....and lost 3 games. Claims they could have beaten Oregon. Only problem is the team that Oregon waxed was the same team that beat them with a backup QB in his first start. Ever. That's Clemsoning, folks. They're the absolute best February-August. Only problem is they don't handout trophy's then. Poor taters.
This post was edited on 2/5 2:20 AM by robertfootball

I seriously doubt Clemson will have a defense in the next 5 years like they had this past year and they still lost 3 games. They're going to quickly learn that you just don't replace a stud defensive line, we learned that the hard way this year.

Well they waxed us. Why are we continuing to bring them up? We have our own problems right now. Worry about those guys in November.

Two things stood out in Feaster's interview. First, Swinney tells him he's building a Dynasty. Really? Second, he says they didn't sign a RB in this class, and won't sign another next year. If I'm building a Dynasty I don't sign just 1 RB in two years, just sayin.

Originally posted by ken in sacramento:
what amazes me about Dabo is he never got Sammy Watkins in the end zone against South Carolina. Flat out amazing
If I remember correctly, we never got George Rogers into the end zone against Clemson either but that doesn't take anything away from his greatness. No offense, but I'm not sure I understand the relevance of this post.

For anyone who hasn't, read this. It's a good article and sheds some light on our differences. Recruiting is a top priority there.

ETA - Sorry, it's the USA Today article from ShillTiger above. I thought I had linked it. Anyway, it's a good article that helps to explain why they are kicking our butts in recruiting.
This post was edited on 2/5 9:00 AM by Cackdiesel

Clemson is still doing less with more. They had teams with Hopkins, Watkins, Bryant and Ellington on it and won exactly what? One ACC. Congrats. We beat them by 3 td's that year.

me and my friend were talking about Feaster going to Clemmons and his response was "well he wasnt going to carolina after what they did to Lattimore" and I asked why (already knowing the answer that he was going to say), "because they ran him to death" So the lesson is if you run your running backs to death, they are going to get injured badly and their career will end before they get in the nfl. , I cant stand people when they bring that crap up.

Originally posted by sclawman77:

Clemson is still doing less with more. They had teams with Hopkins, Watkins, Bryant and Ellington on it and won exactly what? One ACC. Congrats. We beat them by 3 td's that year.
Agreed. He plays the recruit ranking games very well. Well enough for the fans to feel like offseason champs. He's very good at it. But is he filling his needs? Probably not. IMO, there's only a couple of teams in the country that can do both.

Originally posted by NaturalGC7:
Never....not as long as FSU, GT, and USC are on the schedule. I don't see an ACC team in the tournament again until they expand to an 8-team format and forced to take an ACC champion.
This. Don't you remember Spiller, Watkins, etc etc

Axelrod, they've been recruiting well now for the past 10 years. They've beaten USC in the recruiting rankings the past 6 years.

Their defense just lost a ton of talent.. a ton. Venables has to rebuild that D-Line.

From their starters on D, they lose:
- both DEs
- both DTs
- MLB
- WLB
- Safety
- CB

Their offense might be good, but their defense may be taken a big step back. It's a pivotal year for both programs... see how Venables works with newbies and how Hoke works with more experience and a new guy behind center.

Originally posted by Cocky_11:
me and my friend were talking about Feaster going to Clemmons and his response was "well he wasnt going to carolina after what they did to Lattimore" and I asked why (already knowing the answer that he was going to say), "because they ran him to death" So the lesson is if you run your running backs to death, they are going to get injured badly and their career will end before they get in the nfl. , I cant stand people when they bring that crap up.
Your friend isn't very bright.

Originally posted by Cocky kebo57:

Originally posted by sclawman77:
A lot can happen in a year.
But not with lord dabo because he basically orders his commits to shut down their recruiting process.
I didn't necessarily mean he has a change of heart. He could get injured (I don't wish that on him) and not be the same player, bad grades and not qualify, you just never know.

We didn't have a chance to land him. Period. I know for a fact (I play golf with the principal) that this past week was the first time that Spurrier or anyone on staff had been to see Feaster. Dabo had been numerous times. He invested in this kid. He earned that commitment.

I agree a lot can happen in a year, but we were not even in his top three for a reason. His head coach is a gamecock along with a few other coaches. The opportunities were there, but we didn't jump quick enough.

Reactions: freekoffhisleash

Do I think Dabo is a great head coach.No.But to win at the highest level you either have to have elite talent and very good coaching or elite coaching and very good talent.

Up until this past year I thought Carolina fit into the latter category,but now I'm not sure we have either.Clemson is stockpiling elite talent,but it remains to be seen with the new OC setup if the coaching remains at least the very good level.But make no mistake Clemson is loading up on talent and is filling their needs.

Plus to win at the highest level you need outstanding QB play.Clemson has that if Watson stays healthy,and I think QB play will be deciding factor in our season next year.I think if we get Thompson level QBing then I think we'll be fine.Much of a drop off and it could spell trouble.

As much as it pains me unless we pick it up considerably, we are going to be looking up at Clemson in the next few years.However injuries especially to Watson or the surprise play of one of our QB's could change all that,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT