ADVERTISEMENT

Teaster a tater...no surprise

well he can change his commitment if he wants, keep going after him, what the worst that can happen

Re: Dabo

Dabo is a solid recruiter and seems to be hit or miss on his coordinator hires. Obviously Chad Morris and Brent Venables were home run hires. But Billiy Napier and Kevin Steele were disasters. Dabo firing Napier saved his job.

I do think that now that Fisher has FSU rolling and Clemson is still second fiddle in their division. Kind of like what LSU is to Alabama. If Petrino gets Louisville going like he had Arkansas and Louisville previously, Clemson might be looking up from 3rd place. Petrino will always outcoach Dabo and Fisher will just have flat out better players.

That said, I was wrong when Clemson hired Dabo. I thought he was going to drive them into the ground. He's been the best thing for that school since arguably Danny Ford.

Originally posted by Cocky_11:
well he can change his commitment if he wants, keep going after him, what the worst that can happen
We can waste or limited resources or something that's very unlikely to happen.

Originally posted by sclawman77:

Clemson is still doing less with more. They had teams with Hopkins, Watkins, Bryant and Ellington on it and won exactly what? One ACC. Congrats. We beat them by 3 td's that year.
Dabo has gotten them squarely in the top 10 of the "Less With More" group. They've moved up with the likes of Michigan, Southern Cal, and Georgia. FSU was number 1 until the crab leg thief came along and won them a national title. I'd probably say Georgia is #1 in that group now. Richt has a top 10 recruiting class almost every year but they haven't won an SEC title since 2005.

We can stick our heads in the sand all we want but the fact is they are beating us in recruiting unlike a few years ago. The reason we beat them 5 years running was we had better talent and they are reversing that. I'm just calling it as I see it.

You guys are obsessed with those guys. It's ridiculous. Let those guys have their fun now. I have them going 5-7 next year. They won't even have a top 100 D. Watson is overrated trash. Give me Connor Mitch over him. Mitch will throw for 3,50p yards and 30 touchdowns next year easy. We beat Clemson at home. They never play us well in Columbia. In Spurrier I trust! Go Cocks!

Originally posted by CAPTCOCK61:
We can stick our heads in the sand all we want but the fact is they are beating us in recruiting unlike a few years ago. The reason we beat them 5 years running was we had better talent and they are reversing that. I'm just calling it as I see it.
According to the Rivals rankings they've out recruited us every year from 2010 to 2015. The only years we have finished higher than them in the Spurrier era is 2007 and 2009.

This post was edited on 2/5 10:57 AM by GamecockTripp

People tend to think that highly touted players coming out of high school automatically make you a winner or elite. This is a huge myth. Proof is Dabo Sweeny's record at Clemson and Gary Pinkel's record at Missouri. COACHING wins games. Player development wins games, not HS Stars. Clemson got us last year in the game and have a much higher ranked class this year but come November, I'll go with Spurrier over Dabo again.

Originally posted by CockIt75:
Axelrod, they've been recruiting well now for the past 10 years. They've beaten USC in the recruiting rankings the past 6 years.

Their defense just lost a ton of talent.. a ton. Venables has to rebuild that D-Line.

From their starters on D, they lose:
- both DEs
- both DTs
- MLB
- WLB
- Safety
- CB

Their offense might be good, but their defense may be taken a big step back. It's a pivotal year for both programs... see how Venables works with newbies and how Hoke works with more experience and a new guy behind center.
The also lose --

A backup DT
A backup DE
A backup CB

Originally posted by cockynSC66:
You guys are obsessed with those guys. It's ridiculous. Let those guys have their fun now. I have them going 5-7 next year. They won't even have a top 100 D. Watson is overrated trash. Give me Connor Mitch over him. Mitch will throw for 3,50p yards and 30 touchdowns next year easy. We beat Clemson at home. They never play us well in Columbia. In Spurrier I trust! Go Cocks!
You seem like a nice enough guy. I just gotta ask though. Are you a Clemson fan?

You can thank Ward for that. Now that we brought in the best D line class, you won't be so lucky. SOS will have our boys in the top 10 defensively next year. We will be vastly improved. Once we beat down UNC to begin the year, let that be an early message to other ACC teams that we do it better in the SEC. Spurrier is the greatest coach to ever walk a sideline, he will have us back to playoff discussion in no time.

This post was edited on 2/4 8:29 PM by cockynSC66
This man preaches the truth

Did anyone else notice the large amount of orange that appeared in that article about the bagman?

Who cares? If he wants to lose to us 4 years in a row then that's his right. Bellamy was all world too and you see what happened there. Feaster will regret this when he meets Blackshear and Wideman! We will have too much on the defensive front for those guys. Their O line is always garbage. He'd have to be Barry Sanders to run behind those guys. I can't remember the last time they had a guy with close to 200 yards in a game. I don't even think Spiller did that. Feaster is probably overrated anyway. I'll take David Williams over him any day.
LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT