ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M Info Please

Gamecox71

Aug 10, 2007
Columbia, SC
Hi!
Have any of you been to College Station for a game? We are going this year and I am trying to get some info regarding parking, hotel suggestions and any area info you may have! Thanks!

We are arriving on Friday and will head home on Sunday.

Last edited:
Come a day early and drive out into the abyss for some amazing BBQ. Lexington is an hour from there. Taylor, Lockhart and Luling are also reasonably close and known for great BBQ. I just did a little tour myself. Mmmmm.

Reactions: Gamecox71
Come a day early and drive out into the abyss for some amazing BBQ. Lexington is an hour from there. Taylor, Lockhart and Luling are also reasonably close and known for great BBQ. I just did a little tour myself. Mmmmm.

Central Texas BBQ is awesome. In Taylor, go to Mueller's. In Lockhart to either Black's, Smitty's or Kreuz's Market. In Luling it is just the Luling City Market. Snow's in Lexington. If you go to Lockhart, understand that Smitty's and Kreuz's are owned by sister and brother respectively. They don't like each other and compete to be best. It was a family business named Kreuz's Market that was famous. When the owner died, his daughter inherited the restaurant location and the son inherited the Kreuz's Market name. Both children grew up making great BBQ. So he built his own place and she had to change the name (called it Smitty's), even though in the same location that Kreuz's Market had been in since 1948.

You can also visit the George HW Bush Library in College Station. Very cool and that's from a Longhorn.

P.S. There are no nice hotels in College Station. The good news is they are all cheap.

Central Texas BBQ is awesome. In Taylor, go to Mueller's. In Lockhart to either Black's, Smitty's or Kreuz's Market. In Luling it is just the Luling City Market. Snow's in Lexington. If you go to Lockhart, understand that Smitty's and Kreuz's are owned by sister and brother respectively. They don't like each other and compete to be best. It was a family business named Kreuz's Market that was famous. When the owner died, his daughter inherited the restaurant location and the son inherited the Kreuz's Market name. Both children grew up making great BBQ. So he built his own place and she had to change the name (called it Smitty's), even though in the same location that Kreuz's Market had been in since 1948.

You can also visit the George HW Bush Library in College Station. Very cool and that's from a Longhorn.

P.S. There are no nice hotels in College Station. The good news is they are all cheap.
I chose Kreuz and was not disappointed. Spent a little time at The Pearl beforehand which is a cool, little bar with great service. I also hit Opie's BBQ in Spicewood which was amazing, followed by a dip in Krause Springs.

Eat more chik'n ... In Texass, they think bbq is made from cows, when any TRUE Southerner knows BBQ is PORK

I Dig Pig!!!

Enjoy your trip!

I chose Kreuz and was not disappointed. Spent a little time at The Pearl beforehand which is a cool, little bar with great service. I also hit Opie's BBQ in Spicewood which was amazing, followed by a dip in Krause Springs.

All that sounds fun. If you go to Lockhart again try Black's or Smitty's. Each one does something a little better. One has better brisket and one better ribs, another better sides. On Orangebloods they argue for hours which of the three is best overall and there are proponents for each one.

I stayed in Houston and drove in that morning. Heavy traffic, but steady moving. There are parking areas away from the stadium with buses running steady. A bit of a wait after the game. Long lines for the bus shuttles.

Went two years ago, very hard to get a decent room in Bryan or College Station,
we are going to stay three nights in Austin, lot to do there, and drive over on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT