ADVERTISEMENT

Texas AM game

trvs_game

Jun 29, 2008
Looking to take both my boys (age 14 and 11) to the game. Looks like Houston is the closest airport to fly into. For the people who have been before, what sections at the stadium are the visitors, did you stay in college station or on the outskirts, any advice. Thanks

Visiting College Station is a lot like visiting Clemson. The town itself is really small and Im sure what few hotels they have there will be at capacity.

Houston and Austin are almost the same distance to College Station. I would recommend staying in the bigger cities and driving into College Station for just the game. Lots of good places to eat in both Austin and Houston, let TripAdvisor be your guide there...

Of all the away campuses Ive been to, Texas A&M is the least appealing. There is a small downtown area with a few bars and a couple places to eat. The campus itself is not very attractive (every building is brown) and the locals are weirdos. Stay off any grass you see and dont wear your hat indoors or someone will get in your face about disrespecting whatever sacred place on campus. I would limit the amount of time you subject yourself to being there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cola G'Cock
Houston and Austin are almost the same distance to College Station. I would recommend staying in the bigger cities and driving into College Station for just the game. Lots of good places to eat in both Austin and Houston, let TripAdvisor be your guide there...
This. Stay in Austin. Eat Texas BBQ or Tex-Mex.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT