ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M Roll Call

PokerCock

Jan 6, 2016
This trip seemed a lot cooler when we booked it over the summer. In any event, I'll be there with 7 other Gamecocks ready to see the product that we put on the field.

We are flying into Austin Thursday and staying until Saturday morning. The plan is to rent a car and drive to College Station for the game, but wasn't sure if there was a Gamecock Club (or something else) shuttle that would take fans from Austin to College Station.

Any help is appreciated. Forever to Thee!

Going to Houston and plan on going to game, but waiting until last minute to get tickets and commit to the drive on Saturday! I am sure that you will enjoy Austin. Something for everybody there!!

This trip seemed a lot cooler when we booked it over the summer. In any event, I'll be there with 7 other Gamecocks ready to see the product that we put on the field.

We are flying into Austin Thursday and staying until Saturday morning. The plan is to rent a car and drive to College Station for the game, but wasn't sure if there was a Gamecock Club (or something else) shuttle that would take fans from Austin to College Station.

Any help is appreciated. Forever to Thee!
Best road trip you'll take.
1-Go to The Dixie Chicken downtown College Station on Friday night. Wear your garnet and they'll buy you beer all night.
2-Visit the George Bush library on campus. Very impressive.
3-If you don't do anything else other than the game, definitely go to Yell Practice Friday night before the game. Some people say it's gay, but I love the traditions, and the crowd will be awesome even in a bad year for them.
4-May be a little chilly, but if not bad, take your clubs and play at the course (basically next to the stadium).
5-Walk the grounds where the tailgates are before the game. They will welcome you in and their grills are something you won't see in Columbia. There will be plenty of brisket and it does not get any better.

Have a GREAT time. I will go back there again even if it's to see the Aggies and another team (when the aggies are having a better year). And 1 cool thing in the stadium. You can take bottles (gallons when it's hot) inside the stadium. Rule is if you're a student and they catch you with something in it other than water, you are immediately expelled and never allowed back in the university system. Part of their code of honor (don't know how it might affect non-students).

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
tenor.gif

Best road trip you'll take.
1-Go to The Dixie Chicken downtown College Station on Friday night. Wear your garnet and they'll buy you beer all night.
2-Visit the George Bush library on campus. Very impressive.
3-If you don't do anything else other than the game, definitely go to Yell Practice Friday night before the game. Some people say it's gay, but I love the traditions, and the crowd will be awesome even in a bad year for them.
4-May be a little chilly, but if not bad, take your clubs and play at the course (basically next to the stadium).
5-Walk the grounds where the tailgates are before the game. They will welcome you in and their grills are something you won't see in Columbia. There will be plenty of brisket and it does not get any better.

Have a GREAT time. I will go back there again even if it's to see the Aggies and another team (when the aggies are having a better year). And 1 cool thing in the stadium. You can take bottles (gallons when it's hot) inside the stadium. Rule is if you're a student and they catch you with something in it other than water, you are immediately expelled and never allowed back in the university system. Part of their code of honor (don't know how it might affect non-students).

And before any of the PC squad jump my butt about my comment on the Yell Practice being "gay", I meant nothing sexual by the "gay" comment....just what I heard a couple of our fans say actually one time. Stupid I had to say that actually.

Deer lowered....this team got manhandled by app state....I honestly think we are going to lose the last 2 games by 50 or more

Best fans anywhere. Dixie Chicken is a must. Lotta great tradition there. My brother in law is an A&M grad and drove us around campus - great trip. We went out last year for the Clemson game (wife and son are Gamecocks). From the time we touched down to the moment we left everyone was great. 'Thanks for coming. - Hope you have a good time. - Great game (patting us on the back seconds after the clock hit zero) - Have a safe trip home'. Great tailgate atmosphere. Had a great time. You will too.

Good luck to the OP! Road trips can be fun if you don't invest too much in actually winning the game.

I'm not even sure I'll see much of the game on TV. I have an un-punched deer tag and I've been invited to hunt on some private ranch land about an hour from my house that is known to have some monster whitetail bucks that feed on the alfalfa fields. Hopefully, I can fill the tag in the morning, hunt some pheasant in the middle of the day, and help my 12 year old son shoot a doe in the afternoon (he's already filled his buck tag). If we can do all that, I'm not sure I'll make it back to the house by a 5:30MT kickoff.

Good luck to the OP! Road trips can be fun if you don't invest too much in actually winning the game.

I'm not even sure I'll see much of the game on TV. I have an un-punched deer tag and I've been invited to hunt on some private ranch land about an hour from my house that is known to have some monster whitetail bucks that feed on the alfalfa fields. Hopefully, I can fill the tag in the morning, hunt some pheasant in the middle of the day, and help my 12 year old son shoot a doe in the afternoon (he's already filled his buck tag). If we can do all that, I'm not sure I'll make it back to the house by a 5:30MT kickoff.
You need another kid don't you lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT