ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M

What is wrong with living in Lower Aynor??
Aynor-300x225.jpg
Absolutely nothing...Wife is from west Loris! ;)

Reactions: cockofdawn
Not as young as I used to be so I’m sure it will be a rough Monday. Mr. Dangerfield has challenged me to fisticuffs the following week when I come down for the Marshall game, so hopefully I’ll be up to par by then.

Just some light sparring, Tillmanite. Nothing major.

Reactions: DaTater
Looked up directions and it gave two possible routes. Really thought about going and staying in New Orleans Friday night. But it was cheaper to stay in Shreveport. Thanks for the info. Trying to decide which to do. It’s a group of guys, so road trip sounded fun.

A 14 hour road trip with a bunch of taters sounds brutal.

I hope you don't mean eat brisket in Houston. Southwest flies into Austin. You can eat BBQ here (Franklin's or LA BBQ) and drive about the same distance to College Station. We have better BBQ.
You wouldn’t happen to be a partisan in the matter would you?

I come in peace fellas. Have any of you guys made the trip out there. Planning on going when the Tigers play out there. Looking at driving. Where would be a good spot to lay over on Friday? Dont want a long drive in Saturday, but want to get a head start coming back after the game. Shreveport doesnt look too bad. Anything else I need to hit up while I'm out there?
You are just going to whip A&M so I would save your time, miles, and what probably amount to 2 grand when it is all said and done. Watch it on tv

Shreveport is in Northwest LA. To get to College Station, you'll be driving through South LA. It's a 14 hour drive from Greenville to CS. That's brutal imo. Like others have said, flying to Houston is your best bet. And you're less than 2 hours from CS.
Northeast???? I though Shreveport was on gulf coast?

Having just made a trip in simular distance back in January,, its a ruff trip..
Myself, a friend, and my dad drive straight thru just west of Tulsa to rabbit hunt a couple days...
Left here at 2am Thursday morning,,,, arrived back home 5pm Sunday...
33 hours of straight driving aint much fun for a couple days...
Fly!

Having just made a trip in simular distance back in January,, its a ruff trip..
Myself, a friend, and my dad drive straight thru just west of Tulsa to rabbit hunt a couple days...
Left here at 2am Thursday morning,,,, arrived back home 5pm Sunday...
33 hours of straight driving aint much fun for a couple days...
Fly!
I'm getting so lazy I might actually fly to Atlanta from Charlotte next time I need to go.

Where's my automated damn car I can press a button and have it drive me there?

Jetson cartoons when I grew were a lie.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
don't miss the corp of cadets parade before the game and keep your seat at halftime because the band performance is awsome. they are serious about marching and singing their songs.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming if you think of any more
I got this fellas...I’ve made the SC to Tx drive many times. Since you’ve got a group going, rent a passenger van. Argue over who GETS to drive to Biloxi. Spend a few hours at the Beau Rivage. Get back to van and argue over who HAS to drive. Weave your way on into College Station. Yell go taters. Reverse the process and you’re golden in your buds eyes...have fun

Last edited:
Reactions: DaTater
Whoa Houston’s best quality is that it’s not Dallas.

Austin is awesome, San Antonio honorable mention!

Don't leave out Fort Worth, as it is a great city. Totally different than Dallas.

But for BBQ, that is a central Texas thing.

I come in peace fellas. Have any of you guys made the trip out there. Planning on going when the Tigers play out there. Looking at driving. Where would be a good spot to lay over on Friday? Dont want a long drive in Saturday, but want to get a head start coming back after the game. Shreveport doesnt look too bad. Anything else I need to hit up while I'm out there?

Don't go. Texas A&M is the weirdest group of fans I've ever been around and there is nothing special about college station. I'd rate A&M as the 13th best trip in the SEC. If you must go...fly southwest from GSP to Houston and rent a car.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT