ADVERTISEMENT

Texas offers $50k/yr to linemen.

And of course as usual you can’t dispute my statement, it’s the truth and I know how you don’t live in reality. And the “Karen stuff”, seriously, how old are you 12? If not you sure have the mind of one. That’s cute dude!
Dispute what? Your misguided opinion? Give me some data, I need numbers. Lets have the top 25 schools and what boosters or companies spent on prospective recruits. Hard numbers, not something you pull out of Karens rearend.

Even the NFL doesn't have an unlimited market. Eventually there will be some regulation to cap this otherwise it will kill the sport.
It may very well kill the sport. The schools with more booster money will rule. The NFL is unlimited as far as outside endorsements and other income for players. The ncaa is unlikely to be able to or want to impose any limits on outside income with the recent court rulings.

Waste of money. Texas should be getting all 4-star linemen anyway. Now they haven’t the last couple of years, but that just means they need better coaches - and supposedly they got them (though I think Sark is a loser).

The old $100 handshakes or the shiny new car are no where close to the $50,000/year and above that you are now seeing. They have put ALL the advantage with those programs that have very, very wealthy alumni......those where success is measured on a daily "zero-sum" game.
Yes, the idea that this is just a repackaging of an old practice is absurd.

College Football Amway. Schools who have been historically in positions of power can now be more transparent and bold about their activities. Exactly like what we are witnessing in this globalization control push around the world.

Dispute what? Your misguided opinion? Give me some data, I need numbers. Lets have the top 25 schools and what boosters or companies spent on prospective recruits. Hard numbers, not something you pull out of Karens rearend.
Do you have reading comprehension, I said we barely competed BEFORE NIL, what part of that is false, otherwise give me the data.

justa little reminder to help you out:
How many conference championships?
How many total bowl games?
How many New Year’s Day bowls pre CFP and how many post CFP?
How many CFPs?

yea like I said, we have barely competed prior to NIl. Even you can maybe grasp that!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
As the dad of a marching band student who does not attend one of the richer school districts, they are always in bad need of local support.

Right before COVID, our local band had a trip planned to Disney World to march and sightsee. This trip had to be canceled but I learned that a few of the kids would not be able to go because of lack of funds. The band raised a lot of money (they are always raising money to defray expenses) but even with the fundraising, some kids were not going to be able to go. I even talked to the band director and offered to help pay part of another student's costs if he could find another family or two to help out.

Your local marching band, art club, ROTC program, strings program, chorus, computer club, etc are always in need of support if you are not in one of the wealthier school districts.

The difference between the Have and Have Not school districts is evident in the sports programs, but it's even more evident in the arts programs. The differences are as large as mountains.

That's how to support real "amateurs"

Do you have reading comprehension, I said we barely competed BEFORE NIL, what part of that is false, otherwise give me the data.

justa little reminder to help you out:
How many conference championships?
How many total bowl games?
How many New Year’s Day bowls pre CFP and how many post CFP?
How many CFPs?

yea like I said, we have barely competed prior to NIl. Even you can maybe grasp that!
Speaking of reading comprehension, you replied to " we cant compete in the NIL world" I asked you to show figures that prove it. Drawing you out like the tater you are Karen. lol

Speaking of reading comprehension, you replied to " we cant compete in the NIL world" I asked you to show figures that prove it. Drawing you out like the tater you are Karen. lol
You have mental issues, my statement was clear, “we barely competed before NIL”, again which is completely true but I can understand why you can’t grasp that, I feel for ya man, I really do.

Last edited:
Waste of money. Texas should be getting all 4-star linemen anyway. Now they haven’t the last couple of years, but that just means they need better coaches - and supposedly they got them (though I think Sark is a loser).
I don't see how it's a waste of money. You really don't think in the next few years the incoming freshman linemen players ratings won't increase?

Last edited:
Garnet Trust, can we give a chair for a player? For example the vacock# offensive left tackle chair?

They are getting paid based on their god given physical talents. That's not the same as getting paid to actually do work at a "job" as you say.
If you think there's no work to be an elite college athlete you are surely wrong. These guys put in a ton of work to hone their craft. My son played in High School and it was almost an everyday thing. Can't imagine what these college athletes do.

As the dad of a marching band student who does not attend one of the richer school districts, they are always in bad need of local support.

Right before COVID, our local band had a trip planned to Disney World to march and sightsee. This trip had to be canceled but I learned that a few of the kids would not be able to go because of lack of funds. The band raised a lot of money (they are always raising money to defray expenses) but even with the fundraising, some kids were not going to be able to go. I even talked to the band director and offered to help pay part of another student's costs if he could find another family or two to help out.

Your local marching band, art club, ROTC program, strings program, chorus, computer club, etc are always in need of support if you are not in one of the wealthier school districts.

The difference between the Have and Have Not school districts is evident in the sports programs, but it's even more evident in the arts programs. The differences are as large as mountains.

That's how to support real "amateurs"
My son was on the high school robotics team. He learned a lot and had a great time, but his small school struggled to compete against larger, better funded programs. Still, I am grateful my son had the opportunity to compete in robotics. Some schools don't even get to participate.

Reactions: atl-cock
They are getting paid based on their god given physical talents. That's not the same as getting paid to actually do work at a "job" as you say.

If you think there's no work to be an elite college athlete you are surely wrong. These guys put in a ton of work to hone their craft. My son played in High School and it was almost an everyday thing. Can't imagine what these college athletes do.
This is true, regardless of sport. And that's why I am adamant that any stipend schools give to their student athletes must be fair and equal across the board; the breaststroke maven works as hard as the linebacker.

Now NIL and all that is different; I expect that this is where the high profile athlete earns the $$$. And while I'm not 100% with this, I really can't object either.

The end result may very well be that the gap between the haves and have nots widens significantly more.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
You have mental issues, my statement was clear, “we barely competed before NIL”, again which is completely true but I can understand why you can’t grasp that, I feel for ya man, I really do.
Look at the other tater lackies joining in! Birds of a feather!

You say that like that is a bad thing.

Okay, admittedly it is.
I'm not sure why you're excited, Texas has always had an advantage on almost all programs but has done little to nothing with that advantage.

Not sure why you think it will drastically change your fortunes?

I'm not sure why you're excited, Texas has always had an advantage on almost all programs but has done little to nothing with that advantage.

Not sure why you think it will drastically change your fortunes?
I really don't like the NIL idea at all, it will ruin college football. The National Association of College Directors of Athletics annually gives what is known as the Director's Cup to the athletic department that has the most success in athletics. North Carolina won it in 1993-1994. The next 25 years it was won by Stanford. Texas finally took it away from Stanford winning it in 2020-2021. So Texas is doing pretty well in the non-football sports, with recent NCs in both men's and women's tennis, rowing and swimming and top ten finishes in 13 sports. Allowing this kind of money will only pervert these kinds of sports.

Reactions: atl-cock
Not good considering we seem to worry about money more than most... which probably explains our history.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
My son was on the high school robotics team. He learned a lot and had a great time, but his small school struggled to compete against larger, better funded programs. Still, I am grateful my son had the opportunity to compete in robotics. Some schools don't even get to participate.

Yep- many schools don't. Some don't have a teacher that is able to assist with such a team.

We all see the schools with the big stadiums and the schools with the rough looking stadiums. This is a good method to tell the "haves versus the have nots" but you can also really tell with things like the marching band too.

I went from being a member of the Gamecock Club to helping out to fund some groups at our local high school.

My local high school's band has 3 directors (actually just 2, and 1 assists). That's it. They make a decent salary but not when you compare how many hours they put in every week and all the weekends they put in. (My high school band 30 years ago with half the students of our local school now had 2 directors). Many other bands in our area have 2-3 directors but also have 3-4 assistant directors that help out with individual sections of the band.

One of our directors told me that some schools in richer districts have professional music tutors to help out with their bands. So some of the bands can have as many as 10 teachers helping the director in one way or another.

So I help them with their fundraisers. No more money for college athletics for me. The money is way out of hand and I'm not interested.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT