ADVERTISEMENT

The morning after....

We were off and still had them in our sights. That's the amazing part. Kids gave their all. If our football team will learn to do that I will be happy No more pony rides in tater football games

Cosine

I couldn't be prouder of this group of guys. And, I can truly understand CFM's sadness in never getting to coach Thornwell, Notice, McKie, etc.... anymore. They gave us one hell of a ride....I'm only disappointed that:

1) It didn't end how we wanted
2) I thought we had it at 67-65
3) dUNCe is in the finals, and that Noel-Williams kid for Gonzaga will shoot 3-15 tomorrow night while Gonzaga loses by 10
4) Beating UNC and Duke in the same season, in the NCAAT would've been sweet redemption

Disappointed in the boys? Never. Absolutely couldn't be prouder of our guys, can't say it enough

Last edited:
Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Proudly deflated, but not disappointed. So proud that Martin and the team used the stage they got to put a great light on USC and SC. Sad for them that they got within sight of the prize to see it slip away. A little daunted by the knowledge of how hard it is to get that far, and how long it may take to get back. Happy for Martin to have taken his career and the program to, I believe, a new level. And all in all, it was so fun to see some truly great basketball from the Gamecocks.

Perfectly acceptable! Great season that nobody could have predicted. It was just what we needed to get us out of this 2 year funk we've been in. Thanks to both the men's and women's bball teams!

Reactions: nikolas22
Is it possible to be proudly disappointed?

I am. =;-p

Cosine

I couldn't be prouder of this group of guys. And, I can truly understand CFM's sadness in never getting to coach Thornwell, Notice, McKie, etc.... anymore. They gave us one hell of a ride....I'm only disappointed that:

1) It didn't end how we wanted
2) I thought we had it at 67-65
3) dUNCe is in the finals, and that Noel-Williams kid for Gonzaga will shoot 3-15 tomorrow night while Gonzaga loses by 10
4) Beating UNC and Duke in the same season, in the NCAAT would've been sweet redemption

Disappointed in the boys? Never. Absolutely couldn't be prouder of our guys, can't say it enough

Co-signed

Not disappointed! Proudly Deflated is the best way it has been stated for the way I feel! After we beat Duke...in my mind...everything else was just the cherry on top of the banana split! The best part is that this is just the beginning, not the end! This run will do wonders for recruiting and kids will want to play for Frank Martin after the way he handled all of this! Parents will want their kids to play for that kind of coach as well! The future is very bright! It reminds me of what Dawn Staley has been able to build!

Reactions: nikolas22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT