ADVERTISEMENT

The only positive about baseball team...

We have excellent starting pitching. If we go to the NCAA playoffs, nobody will want us in their regional. We can still win despite the horrible coaching and bad offense we show pretty consistently. If we score 3 or 4 runs a game we could ruin a teams regional.
Dead on!

It doesn't look good, but I agree with the first post. With the pitching and Tyler Johnson healthy anything is possible. Its not like we dont have talent. We have been in every series we lost until the 8th and 9th inning that would have won the series. Was it Oregon State a few years ago that Was barely above .500 and a 3 seed in a regional and they won the national title? Still a chance we get hot when it matters. Its not like other sports where we just don't have the talent to compete.

Yes we have great starting pitching...But a 1-0 or 2-1 loss counts the same as a 7-6 loss...Sorry i just don't see it...there are too many games where we just don't execute offensively...too many non-productive outs...we don't run the bases well...we don't steal bases..Our HBC loves to bunt...But we don't a good bunt down when we really need it...Our best hitter is a true freshmen that opposing coaches don't have a good book on yet...Carlos Cortes is the real deal..But eventually coaches will learn how to pitch him...Who on our staff is gonna help him make the adjustments in his approach to stay ahead of pitchers? Finally, in puzzling fashion our defense has breakdowns at the most inopportune times...If this team can turn this thing around and play up to it's potential, i'll consider it a minor miracle

Yes but you watch we have good pitching but Kentucky has 7 players batting over 300 we will have to score runs to have any chance...there lies problem we don't score many runs.

First off Clarke Schmidt has got to be cleared to pitch next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT