ADVERTISEMENT

The OPEN Championship

Anyone wondering why people get annoyed by Tiger...this coverage is why. We watched Tiger from blimp view walk around to read his putt while we missed Jordan Spieth’s tee shot on the Par 3. We saw Spieth’s Putt to tie for the lead during commercial split screen. And a big miss by Rory during commercial as well. It’s literally just watching Tiger play and walk around. I know it’s a big story, and it’s good for ratings. But it sucks for golf fans who have been watching golf without him the past 10 years. Not Tiger’s fault. Jordan Spieth is arguably the biggest star in golf right now and the defending champion...one shot back...no reason not to see every single shot he hits.

Kisner and Chappell tied for the lead with Spieth and Molinari after Tiger’s double. When is the last shot we’ve seen either of those guys hit? I’m not sure we’ve seen Chappell all day? Kisner’s has to be missed par putt to go to -5 about 45 minutes ago.

Anyone wondering why people get annoyed by Tiger...this coverage is why. We watched Tiger from blimp view walk around to read his putt while we missed Jordan Spieth’s tee shot on the Par 3. We saw Spieth’s Putt to tie for the lead during commercial split screen. And a big miss by Rory during commercial as well. It’s literally just watching Tiger play and walk around. I know it’s a big story, and it’s good for ratings. But it sucks for golf fans who have been watching golf without him the past 10 years. Not Tiger’s fault. Jordan Spieth is arguably the biggest star in golf right now and the defending champion...one shot back...no reason not to see every single shot he hits.
This

Rory with an eagle to make a 6-way tie for the lead right now. Tiger not one of them. Could be a massive playoff coming.

I don't give a crap about golf but I did scroll buy that channel and wondered why no one reminded them to water the grass for the past month

I don't give a crap about golf but I did scroll buy that channel and wondered why no one reminded them to water the grass for the past month

This is what the British Open looks like every year. It’s awesome. As commentators said the course is in perfect condition. Very hard and firm as opposed to the soft wet courses we are used to seeing every Sunday on the PGA Tour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaimcock
Well Spieth sure had his chances. How many makeable putts did he miss? Very uncharacteristic for him. Molinari was a model of consistency. No bogies over something like the last 38 holes? The 2nd oldest golfer to win a major, and the only Italian to do so. Good for him! As for Woods, the 2 bad holes where he was +1 and +2 did him in. Still a great showing for him in front of his kids. They probably were too young to know or appreciate his previous achievements.

Tiger signed endorsement deals with Nike and American Express for over $50 Million before he played as a pro. He was set for life, never had to play for a check. He was able to take chances and play for the win. That's what made him exciting to watch. No laying up just to get a Top 10 check.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Could not agree more. I understand what Tiger has done for golf, but there are 80+ other guys out on the course too. Being #TeamSpieth in our house, we did get irritated at the constant split screen shots for Jordan. Even Little Man commented about it.

Some of us were fans long before Tiger came onto the scene, and will be long after he's retired. However, I do like the "new and improved" Tiger, as a person, more than I did before. He's much more personable with the fans than in his younger days.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT