ADVERTISEMENT

The problem

Atlanta Cock

Jun 24, 2001
Other than Herman it's hard to think of anyone who will excite the fanbase. Even Chip Kelly wouldn't have full support. Indeed, I don't want Kelly. I don't want Stong. I don't want Kiffin. I don't want Fedora, and I especially don't want Elliott. Going with an assistant such as OK's OC would be a risk most of the fan base wouldn't want to take.

It literally is Herman or bust and there are public reports he's not coming to SC, if he even leaves UH this year. Some reports are from fairly well respected journalists. Doesn't look good. It today's social media world with all its leaks it's too hard to believe Herman and RT could keep it quiet.

I think the Herman news is a smokescreen. Tanner should be upping the ante and do whatever it takes to make sure Herman doesn't say no.

Is it possible that Herman has communicated he want to come here thru his agent but can't abandon his team before conf championship? Feel like we still get either Herman or Smart

I am worried Tanner has not been aggressive enough in this search. VT had no problems going straight after Fuente. I do not buy the whole waiting around thing. Here is the problem with that. Say Tanner believes we have a deal with Herman. We wait around until after their championship game. Then Herman has a change of heart. In the meantime, every other good coach is locked up. Already we see Fuente and Campbell signed. Smart is probably gone to UGA. By mid December, Fedora, and any other good current coach will have signed or be under pressure to sign, contract extensions. At that point, we will be between a rock and a hard place.

I hope I am wrong and Ray looks golden with the hire. But I am getting concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT