ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC will have a “significant announcement related to the conference” at 6 p.m. ET.

np8Sab.gif

"Out of an abundance of caution no sec will play a bowl this year outside of the conference championship and the playoff"

They are saying the advantage from switching from CBS to ABC and ESPN is game times can be set well in advance and even game times can be set before the season starts. One possible negative is they may force you to subscribe to ESPN+ and mentioned a couple of times that games will be aired on ESPN+ along with the rest of the ESPN channels and SECN and SECN+.

They are saying the advantage from switching from CBS to ABC and ESPN is game times can be set well in advance and even game times can be set before the season starts. One possible negative is they may force you to subscribe to ESPN+ and mentioned a couple of times that games will be aired on ESPN+ along with the rest of the ESPN channels and SECN and SECN+.
Just another way to suck you in and blackmail from there.

This below is from the secsports.com website.

FOOTBALL

• All SEC-controlled regular season games produced and distributed nationally via ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN+, SEC Network or SEC Network+
  • SEC Football Game to be televised regularly on ABC on Saturday Afternoons
  • Option to feature marquee SEC games in primetime on ABC's Saturday Night Football
  • Annual late afternoon Thanksgiving Friday game on ABC or ESPN
  • SEC Football Championship Game on ABC
  • Maximum one non-conference game per school per season on ESPN+ or SECN+ (begins with the 2021-22 season)
GAME BROADCAST WINDOWS Early Window (start time between Noon and 1:00 pm ET)

• Afternoon Window (start time between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm ET)
    - Games may appear on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN+, SECN and/or SECN+ without any broadcast exclusivity
  • Primetime Window (start time between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm ET)
MEN'S BASKETBALL

Appearance Guarantees

• Approximately eight new ABC/ESPN National Windows
  • More non-conference games on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2
Digital Platform Games

• Maximum two non-conference games per school per year on ESPN+ (begins with the 2021-22 season)

As much as I hate the fact that CBS games take 4 hours, I will miss it. When you hear that music, you know it's time for football. I just hope our football team improves enough so we won't be on ESPN+ very much at all because I don't subscribe to it.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
As much as I hate the fact that CBS games take 4 hours, I will miss it. When you hear that music, you know it's time for football. I just hope our football team improves enough so we won't be on ESPN+ very much at all because I don't subscribe to it.
I am a minority about this opinion, but i will miss Gary Danielson. I think he is really good at commentary. I do like the fact that South Carolina will have the opportunity having games being aired on ABC. When I was way younger, and before ESPN existed most college football games was televised on ABC (regional games). NBC and CBS were mostly televising college bowl games. I also like money that comes with ABC and ESPN deal and that SEC will be ABC prime time games. Florida State may regret not joining the SEC as a result of this new deal with ABC and ESPN.

Maybe in the future CBS will be looking at airing the American Athletic Conference, Mountain West Conference, Conference USA, Sun Belt Conference or Football Championship Series games

Figure you will see USC mostly on the ESPN/SEC Network like we have been. Dont see USC getting the ABC afternoon, or evening time slots anytime soon. Those prime slots will be reserved for the prime time players in the conference

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT