ADVERTISEMENT

The Truth will set you free but.................

BedouinCock

Jan 4, 2008
It will make you miserable in the process. That is a quote from one of my favorite authors, Richard Rohr, a Franciscan monk who lives out west. The truth is we Gamecocks are getting our "come uppance" and cannot handle the pain. Over the past four or five years we have been arrogant, cocky and harsh with our comments about the Moos of Moo U and others.

Now the saying, "What goes around, comes around", has hit us squarely in the face. We are bathing in our pride and embarrassment and cannot handle it very well. It simply is vey ugly now on this board. It seems this site has lost its mind and turning on each other. Our opponents are sitting back and enjoying the show and so they should.

10,000 years it will not make any difference. But wait, five minutes from now it will not make any difference....will it?! This is not life and death; it is just a game played by college kids.

Peace, fellow Gamecocks, Peace.

Reactions: coldcocked
BS. If what goes around comes around, then we have a lot of years of success coming to us. You really think that a 5-game winning streak against CU squares what USC fans have had to put up with over the years? No way. Not even close.

images

Do you even know what the original meaning of KUMBAYA means?!! I am not a hippie and never have been, but I am a 71 year old retired missionary who served in the Middle East for 12 years working under very difficult and threatening circumstances. I was willing to die for my calling in life. I have had my life threatened on numerous occasions during that time. I have learned a thing or two about life and what is important. The things we are calling people names about on this board and getting upset about are not that important. I have two EE degrees from USC and have been a fan since 1962 and I kept my season tickets and attended all the games during the 0-21 seasons. I think this gives me ground to stand on for expressing my opinion. By the way, the original meaning of KUMBAYA means "Come by here my Lord Jesus". I like that meaning; thank you.

Oh good grief. 71 years of life and these are your deep reflections? We were mean to the taters and now we're feeling God's wrath for our hubris? You should've stuck with engineering, Saint Bedouin.

Do you even know what the original meaning of KUMBAYA means?!! I am not a hippie and never have been, but I am a 71 year old retired missionary who served in the Middle East for 12 years working under very difficult and threatening circumstances. I was willing to die for my calling in life. I have had my life threatened on numerous occasions during that time. I have learned a thing or two about life and what is important. The things we are calling people names about on this board and getting upset about are not that important. I have two EE degrees from USC and have been a fan since 1962 and I kept my season tickets and attended all the games during the 0-21 seasons. I think this gives me ground to stand on for expressing my opinion. By the way, the original meaning of KUMBAYA means "Come by here my Lord Jesus". I like that meaning; thank you.
If Coach Spurrier is ready to retire, his last year needs to be a down year anyway. The criticism he is receiving now would be directed @ the new staff replacing him if he went out winning big and the new staff had a fall back. I would prefer Coach Spurrier's program finishing down and the new head coach improving the record and gaining positive momentum in his first season.

Don't know if Coach Spurrier is ready to retire but if this season is completed like the 1st 3 games, the timing is right IMHO....

Been a wonderful ride though.....

If Coach Spurrier is ready to retire, his last year needs to be a down year anyway. The criticism he is receiving now would be directed @ the new staff replacing him if he went out winning big and the new staff had a fall back. I would prefer Coach Spurrier's program finishing down and the new head coach improving the record and gaining positive momentum in his first season.

Don't know if Coach Spurrier is ready to retire but if this season is completed like the 1st 3 games, the timing is right IMHO....

Just beat Dabo in the last game of his incredible career and all will be alright with me......

Reactions: 67gamecock

I am 2 months away from 71, and I never knew Kumbaya meant 'Come by here my Lord Jesus' Thanks for passing that along to us.

Reactions: bmhood1984
It will make you miserable in the process. That is a quote from one of my favorite authors, Richard Rohr, a Franciscan monk who lives out west. The truth is we Gamecocks are getting our "come uppance" and cannot handle the pain. Over the past four or five years we have been arrogant, cocky and harsh with our comments about the Moos of Moo U and others.

Now the saying, "What goes around, comes around", has hit us squarely in the face. We are bathing in our pride and embarrassment and cannot handle it very well. It simply is vey ugly now on this board. It seems this site has lost its mind and turning on each other. Our opponents are sitting back and enjoying the show and so they should.

10,000 years it will not make any difference. But wait, five minutes from now it will not make any difference....will it?! This is not life and death; it is just a game played by college kids.

Bed where u been? besides u been wonderin' too long, nothin' like road trips n those ofer yrs...course the food was good

Oh good grief. 71 years of life and these are your deep reflections? We were mean to the taters and now we're feeling God's wrath for our hubris? You should've stuck with engineering, Saint Bedouin.

Saint Bedouin?!! Thank you. Realizing I am far from it I do like that title and will be sure to use it at appropriate times. No, these are not what I consider my deep reflections but just general observations from a guy who loves his university and hates seeing people tear it down. I am sure the recruits on here are impressed with all of us. Perhaps, just perhaps, we bear part of the recruiting problem the team is accused of having??? In fact, my actions are very first half of life reactions from a second half of life man to the present state of tearing down taking place on this board.

It is easy to be sucked into stating opinions on this board with the false hopes of making a positive difference. As for God's wrath, I did not use that term; you used it and I find that interesting. I do not think it is God's wrath nor do I believe he operates that way in this instance. However, I have learned that sometimes life has its interesting upside down trends that we do not expect. How we react to them is up to us and we see that on this board each day.

As for engineering, thanks for the affirmation. I do continue working as a consulting electrical engineer; my USC education has served my very well in life. This gives me additional reason to defend my school for what they have done for me.

Peace to you!

Reactions: Tigerof66
As long suffering GC fans we deserved to be cocky and arrogant after the 11 win seasons. Before last season and this one, I was confident that it would continue. It's been said many times on this site but it seems that laziness is the cause of our fall. A coach making over $300,000 per month bragging about how little he worked and asking his staff not to work too hard. Who in GC land expected or wanted it to end this way? It's deja vu courtesy of Lou.

You know it brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT