ADVERTISEMENT

The way we're playing, we may not make the SEC tournament at all

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
First since Ray took over, I believe. And I'm that year, we took Vandy's spot because the had to forfeit several SEC games..

This post was edited on 4/11 8:06 PM by world famous 3rd base hecklers

Re: They way we're playing, we may not make the SEC tournament at all

Bases loaded, 2 outs. We swing on a 1-0 count and pop up in the infield. Why not make the guy throw a strike?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We haven't been big on making opposing pitchers work since I can remember, no matter who the coach was.

One thing that was reliable was starting pitching and now that's becoming shaky. No clutch hitting (two out, with RISP) -NONE. Did I mention how inconsistent our bullpen is? And defensive errors. Add all that up and it's a recipe for disaster.

This post was edited on 4/11 7:55 PM by sclawman77

Originally posted by fightingcock103:
We haven't been big on making opposing pitchers work since I can remember, no matter who the coach was.
This is pretty much true. In all sports the Gamecocks find ways to win. I would be nice to rely on talent, good coaching, strategy and execution. Make the opposing team sweat, make them work and put the pressure on the opponent. In any and all sports. The Gamecocks tend to do it the hard way.

Originally posted by sclawman77:
One thing that was reliable was starting pitching and now that's becoming shaky. No clutch hitting (two out, with RISP) -NONE. Did I mention how inconsistent our bullpen is? And defensive errors. Add all that up and it's a recipe for disaster.

This post was edited on 4/11 7:55 PM by sclawman77
You left out piss poor coaching.

^
Very true. Guess I thought that went without saying.

Believe me, I've been thinking the same thing since last weekend. What a disaster this season is becoming.
sick0006.r191677.gif

Ray is not going to hire someone he thinks might do better than him. IMO, his ego is way to big. If he doesn't get rid of chad, he doesn't care about this team.

Originally posted by 1987cgamecock:
Next weekend will be do or die for the postseason most likely. We will need to beat vandy 2 of 3
I know I will be called a quitter or a negative Nellie or whatever for throwing in the towel, but after last night and tonight, I cannot see this team winning another weekend series considering who's left on the sched.

Originally posted by gcocks2011:
Ray is not going to hire someone he thinks might do better than him. IMO, his ego is way to big. If he doesn't get rid of chad, he doesn't care about this team.

umm.....what in the world? That is the biggest stretch I've seen on this message board in quite some time.
This post was edited on 4/11 10:17 PM by Manning02

they will be lucky to win another series in the sec......the only thing thats going to keep them above 500 this year are the midweek games against inferior competition

I got in after the game started and decided to turn on 107.5 to see how we were doing. Wingo was at bat with Mooney on second and Walker on first.....It took a minute to realize that there was a rain delay and they were replaying the CWS game against Florida. How great that was, and how far we have fallen is mind boggling....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT