ADVERTISEMENT

There is a gorgeous, beautiful "Winter Scene" looking out of our picture window in the kitchen.

J Hartman’s is similar to a Fatz Cafe and I believe in one of their old buildings. Crabby’s has really good seafood and filet type dishes. A little pricey but the owner is a chef and the food is excellent.
Yeah, J. Hartman's is in the same building that use to be Fatz. I loved Fatz don't why they left Marion. But, I've never heard of Crabby's Abby's. And it's located in Marion, NC?

Forwhatever reason, I find shoveling the driveway to to be cathartic. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, kind of like painting the walls of a room, I guess.

The only time I find it to be a real pain is when I failed to get up earlier than normal and have to get it shoveled before striking off to work in the morning.
I can agree with the sense of accomplishment. But the “snow plow” wall was just a pain in the ***

unfor I think Fatz has just about closed nearly every restaurant they had. Only one I know that’s still open is in Gaffney…
Kingsport, Greeneville, Elizabethton in Tennessee and Asheville & Morganton in NC and the one close to my folks in Greer...I've eaten at all these locations in the last 15 or so years....

What's amazing to me, is that Spartanburg, where it all started had several locations. Not sure if there are any left in Spartanburg...I know Copper River is still around in some places...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratheolcoach
We’re getting some flurries in Spruce Pine right now but doesn’t look like the big amounts they were predicting.

Yeah, J. Hartman's is in the same building that use to be Fatz. I loved Fatz don't why they left Marion. But, I've never heard of Crabby's Abby's. And it's located in Marion, NC?
Crabby Abby’s is at the corner of S Main St and E. Henderson St. Basically center of town.

I lived in Greenwood for 26 years. Think I went there no more than 3 times.
I honestly can't remember EVER going there. Couldn't tell you a single menu item. :cool:

Now Kickers, that's a different story. I've probably had most everything on their menu at least once. Best place to eat in Greenwood IMO.

I honestly can't remember EVER going there. Couldn't tell you a single menu item. :cool:

Now Kickers, that's a different story. I've probably had most everything on their menu at least once. Best place to eat in Greenwood IMO.
I know that Greenwood likes to eat out. A lot. They have the 1st and maybe still the only Cracker Barrel not located on an interstate. But they certainly don't have the choices I've grown accustomed to here in DFW.

Reactions: chief2791
Greenwood has a lot of choices, and some back-out-of-the-ways that are pretty good. That’s why everybody in Greenwood ways out.

8d7ef3a2414d297ba15ff1c99553ba0aw-c0xd-w826_h860_q80.jpg

Getting ready to light a fire and enjoy a glass of bourbon myself. Love this time of year.

Just need to get back inside before the wolves get me.
That looks like Montana.

We’re getting some flurries in Spruce Pine right now but doesn’t look like the big amounts they were predicting.

Crabby Abby’s is at the corner of S Main St and E. Henderson St. Basically center of town.
WOW! I did not know that! I go to Main St for a number of things from time to time but haven't really noticed that establishment.

I know that Greenwood likes to eat out. A lot. They have the 1st and maybe still the only Cracker Barrel not located on an interstate. But they certainly don't have the choices I've grown accustomed to here in DFW.
Middlesboro KY is a small town with a Cracker Barrel right in front of their Mall...no interstates close by....

A small town with a mall. I'm still shocked that Greenwood had a mall when I moved there in 1982 having lived in larger towns that didn't have indoor shopping malls.
There are no Cracker Barrel franchises, all are corporate owned. A corporate executive was on his way from Greenville to Augusta (or vise versa) and stopped in Greenwood to get something to eat. He couldn't believe how busy every place he saw was. That's how they became the 1st non-interstate location. Middlesboro must be similar.

Middlesboro KY is a small town with a Cracker Barrel right in front of their Mall...no interstates close by....
One of my favorite places to sit is on the overlook at Cumberland Gap. On a clear day, look to the right over the hills and there is Middlesboro, KY. Look over on the mountainside and there is Harrogate, TN and Lincoln Memorial University. Look down below and there is Cumberland. Beautiful places.

One of my favorite places to sit is on the overlook at Cumberland Gap. On a clear day, look to the right over the hills and there is Middlesboro, KY. Look over on the mountainside and there is Harrogate, TN and Lincoln Memorial University. Look down below and there is Cumberland. Beautiful places.
I actually like Middlesboro...quaint small town on the Tennessee border....For trivia buffs, Lee Majors, "the six million dollar man" was from Middlesboro...They even have a sign with his name on it...They also have a starbucks in the Food City grocery store that is there...You're not far to Knoxville or Morristown, TN, so you're not too far off the beaten path...I-75 is within a 30 minute drive thru the country...

Reactions: Neanderthal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT