ADVERTISEMENT

They canceled classes at USC?

I bet we dont play saturday.
Yeah wonder if McMaster cancels all football games. This Tuesday school cancellation is overkill. You know that means Wednesday and Thursday are cancelled too. My son is happy.

They've already cancelled all high school classes for the rest of the week starting tomorrow in my county.

No, I'm just saying tomorrow is Tuesday. It is still a long way off.
Have to be out of my rented condo in HHI by tomorrow at 11 am. There is no recent forecast model that has HHI in it...... I understand taking aggressive measures in certain portions of the state, but don't understand creating this amount of churn for areas not projected to be in danger.

Reactions: DarkCock
It is overkill, but that's the way its going to be because no person in charge wants to be standing at the podium if that things leaks south and they weren't prepared.

You know I’ve said this and the political fallout is often overlooked. McMaster is 2 months away from an election. It’s easy to play the “we erred on the side of caution” card.

The last thing McMaster needs is James Smith passing out prescription medication to seniors on the coast, who are stranded because McMaster hesitated to evacuate, telling them he would be a better governor.

This storm is powerful. Flooding is a concern. It likely hits North Carolina harder than South Carolina, but Henry McMaster cannot risk a last second turn and risk of mismanagement of a disaster 60 days before the election.

I know I wouldn’t if I were him....

Yeah wonder if McMaster cancels all football games. This Tuesday school cancellation is overkill. You know that means Wednesday and Thursday are cancelled too. My son is happy.
Coastal playing Campbell at 2:00 on Wednesday in N.C. Game moved from Conway. Lancaster's game at Chester will be played at 6:30 on Wednesday evening.

It is overkill, but that's the way its going to be because no person in charge wants to be standing at the podium if that things leaks south and they weren't prepared.

I'm pulling out my checkbook and buy property at Pawley's Island... With high surf, this will wipe out some beach houses and make new land to build....

I can’t find anything in either school’s websites, but does any one know if the men’s Soccer match at Furman tonight is still on?

I can’t find anything in either school’s websites, but does any one know if the men’s Soccer match at Furman tonight is still on?
It's still showing that it's on via gamecocksonline.com

Will be interesting about football. Could depend on how many of the state's resources are our helping in recovery - that could prevent the game from being played. If the hurricane just sits once it makes landfall, we could be looking at unplayable conditions.

And they had to cancel classes since they are reversing the interstates heading east to allow for evacuations.

We may play Sunday. According to the state paper, Marshall wants to play really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT