ADVERTISEMENT

Think about it

South Cack

Dec 29, 2017
No way in hell Clemson shoud be able to get the top players in the country to come to a school that sits out in the middle of no where, cow country. Explain that. Every school has great recruiters, offers NFL opportunities, a great education, a chance to start! Why all of a sudden did they shoot to the top of the line?I can understand Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, FSU, UF, Texas, Southern Cal etc....If you think the forces that bought that Championship in 81 died and went away, you are Kidding yourself. No its not sour grapes, its a simple observation that cant be explained. Clemson came off of a 5 game losing streak to us and BOOM! They were the new kids on the block.Its sketchy times 10. Fire away

I always thought the same when they were getting the likes of Watson and crew. As an adult, I get the draw. As a college kid I’d like to be where there is something to do.

But that has changed, now it is an easy sell. Kids are drawn to go to a place that has played in 3 national championship in 4 years. Especially when the road has so few bumps along the way.

I always thought the same when they were getting the likes of Watson and crew. As an adult, I get the draw. As a college kid I’d like to be where there is something to do.

But that has changed, now it is an easy sell. Kids are drawn to go to a place that has played in 3 national championship in 4 years. Especially when the road has so few bumps along the way.
They started getting these kids before the Championship years
15 5 Star players since we beat them 5 in a row

Reactions: Legendary Cock
They started gettint these kids before the Championship years
15 5 Star players since we beat them 5 in a row

agree.... Something is fishy.... Outside of my daughter saying "I want to go to "blank" university because it is pretty.... I can't imagine most football players really care about that aspect of the recruiting process...

The thing that is crazy to me is the amount of kids that stay their senior season that could go pro!!

The thing that is crazy to me is the amount of kids that stay their senior season that could go pro!!
Me and a buddy talked about that same thing tonight. We could understand a Clowney or Jeffrey, but some of the others are just inexplicable but their kids stay on!

I'm glad CU is having this kind of success. A few years ago, folks would say the state of SC can't recruit the talent needed to play at the highest level. That excuse no longer works. Raise the bar. I'd like to see CU win every game except against SC.

Reactions: agantt
I'm glad CU is having this kind of success. A few years ago, folks would say the state of SC can't recruit the talent needed to play at the highest level. That excuse no longer works. Raise the bar. I'd like to see CU win every game except against SC.
Really? You think it just magically happened since we whipped them 5 in a row?

Really? You think it just magically happened since we whipped them 5 in a row?

If Bama and Ohio St can consistently recruit at the highest level, there's no reason CU or SC can't do the same. Obviously Saban has a great deal of credibility to offer. To me, it's more about the coach than the geography.

If Bama and Ohio St can consistently recruit at the highest level, there's no reason CU or SC can't do the same. Obviously Saban has a great deal of credibility to offer. To me, it's more about the coach than the geography.
Saban coaches at Alabama, the greatest football school in history, tradition that is unmatched! You think Clemtech is all of a sudden on par with that?Please

I'll do you one better OP......90% or better of Senior HS players couldn't point to Clem$on on a map.

But if you show those same kids a tiger paw and ask them what school it is, bet they can answer that. They are a national brand whether you like it or not. And I would suggest you don’t watch ESPN for the next week because it’s going to be an absolute puke fest love affair with them all day long.

But if you show those same kids a tiger paw and ask them what school it is, bet they can answer that. They are a national brand whether you like it or not. And I would suggest you don’t watch ESPN for the next week because it’s going to be an absolute puke fest love affair with them all day long.
Especially now that Kirk Herbstreit's kids are going there as preferred walk ons.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
as a kid, I would rather be a part of a successful program headed up by a very positive motivating coach, as compared to a petulent sour little napoleon as exhibited last night. I expect the trend of 5 stars to the upstate to continue or even increase. sorry

Dabo...its freaking Dabo whether you like it or not. Did You hear the pre game conference with him and Brian Kelly of Notre Dame? Dabo absolutely took that room over. ESPN tweeted Dabo spoke like a gazillion words to Kelly's 300. He had the room talking about him and Clemson 90% of the time. Dude is money talking to people and building relationship. If you cant tell he can sell people on his vision and Clemson why do you think Herbs kids are going there? Face it. Realtor or imagined Dabo has a vision is getting shit done and that attracts people and they want to get on board

Last edited:
No way in hell Clemson shoud be able to get the top players in the country to come to a school that sits out in the middle of no where, cow country. Explain that. Every school has great recruiters, offers NFL opportunities, a great education, a chance to start! Why all of a sudden did they shoot to the top of the line?I can understand Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, FSU, UF, Texas, Southern Cal etc....If you think the forces that bought that Championship in 81 died and went away, you are Kidding yourself. No its not sour grapes, its a simple observation that cant be explained. Clemson came off of a 5 game losing streak to us and BOOM! They were the new kids on the block.Its sketchy times 10. Fire away
So you think USC doesn’t use the same “recruiting tactics” as Clemson? I bet they do. Have you ever been to Clemson? Sorry guy, but it’s a great college atmosphere. No, it doesn’t have the night club scene of Columbia, but everything a college football player wants is there. Great facilities, rabid adoring fans, national exposure. You might not like it, but the brand is better than USC for football at present. Clemson is taking full advantage of it. Let go of the “we beat them five years on a row” thing. That was five years ago. Players coming in now were 12-13 years old then. USC needs to live and Improve in the present, quit worrying about Clemson except one week in November and try to improve the football program. Quit resting on the laurels of being in the SEC.

Kids have short memories . When they think of Muschamp the first thing they think is “He’s the guy who got fired from Florida “. You can be the best salesman on the planet but if your product sucks nobody wants it . Unfortunately that debacle yesterday is receiving a lot of national attention . Guess what the narrative is ?? “Wow a Will Muschamp team can’t score a point against Virginia, shocker”. Meanwhile Dan Mullen rolls it up on Michigan at UF . If you’re a 5 Star player in the SE why would you go to USC to play for Will Muschamp ?? Sucks but it is what it is . Dabo can sale a program that has played in 3 title games in four years . We are selling a program that got shut out by Virginia and whose significant “Win” was a 21 point loss to our biggest rival . Tough sale

Kids want to go where you can win and play for Conference championships. You keep winning Conference championships the next step is National Championships. I'm sure every Coach we recruit against tells the kids Spurrier and Holtz were National Championship Coach's and they couldn't win a Conference Championship at South Carolina. If they can't nobody can.

Last edited:
Dabo...its freaking Dabo whether you like it or not. Did You hear the pre game conference with him and Brian Kelly of Notre Dame? Dabo absolutely took that room over. ESPN tweeted Dabo spoke like a gazillion words to Kelly's 300. He had the room talking about him and Clemson 90% of the time. Dude is money talking to people and building relationship. If you cant tell he can sell people on his vision and Clemson why do you think Herbs kids are going there? Face it. Realtor or imagined Dabo has a vision is getting shit done and that attracts people and they want to get on board
Dabo is using Herbs kids for more publicity. It’s kind of sad for the kids actually. Those kids don’t belong at Clemson based on their talent level. I understand having your own kids (Dabos kids) on the team, but having Herbs kids for the reason he’s having them is wrong. If I were in Herbstreit’s shoes, I’d rather see my kids play at a college that had a legitimate desire for them to be a part of the team.

So I take it you have never been to Athens...

I just saw on ESPN Mack brown say that bama and Clemson has at least 102 staff on their program.That’s a whole lot of people it sounds like a NFL team. Those programs have to be throwing a whole lot of money around and if your school don’t have it then you will always be a bridesmaid...I know FSU has fell way behind to Clemson but they do have a lot of other good programs that they throw money too..but Clemson and bama are football schools for sure.

The sooner more abandon all the ridiculous nefarious conspiracies about Clemson you can begin realistically to see why they are ahead of us in football. Clemson decided a while ago that they would begin with commitment, resources, and personnel to better their program. For reasons that I do not know of, it is clear we have not done the same.

It's not something that is comforting to hear or accept, but that is clearly the current situation. Until a Vision Statement of Excellence is announced and the steps necessary to reach this goal are outlined and initiated then do not expect this situation to change any time soon.

The fault lies within us.

So you think USC doesn’t use the same “recruiting tactics” as Clemson? I bet they do. Have you ever been to Clemson? Sorry guy, but it’s a great college atmosphere. No, it doesn’t have the night club scene of Columbia, but everything a college football player wants is there. Great facilities, rabid adoring fans, national exposure. You might not like it, but the brand is better than USC for football at present. Clemson is taking full advantage of it. Let go of the “we beat them five years on a row” thing. That was five years ago. Players coming in now were 12-13 years old then. USC needs to live and Improve in the present, quit worrying about Clemson except one week in November and try to improve the football program. Quit resting on the laurels of being in the SEC.
I dont have to "let go" of the 5 year thing, I was making a point that even when we were beating the brakes off of them they started pulling in 5 star players second only to Bama.

When Clemson promoted a young wide receiver coach to head coach of a major University, a lot of people including national media thought they had lost their minds! He survived the hot seat, losing record, embarrassing loses, losing 5 in a row to gamecocks yet he emerges from all that to coach Clemson to another possible national championship. Unbelievable..but true.

When Clemson promoted a young wide receiver coach to head coach of a major University, a lot of people including national media thought they had lost their minds! He survived the hot seat, losing record, embarrassing loses, losing 5 in a row to gamecocks yet he emerges from all that to coach Clemson to another possible national championship. Unbelievable..but true.
That just goes to show that people on the inside of the program know a lot more about whats going on than the media and fans.

The sooner more abandon all the ridiculous nefarious conspiracies about Clemson you can begin realistically to see why they are ahead of us in football. Clemson decided a while ago that they would begin with commitment, resources, and personnel to better their program. For reasons that I do not know of, it is clear we have not done the same.

It's not something that is comforting to hear or accept, but that is clearly the current situation. Until a Vision Statement of Excellence is announced and the steps necessary to reach this goal are outlined and initiated then do not expect this situation to change any time soon.

The fault lies within us.

THIS! This is the plain and simple truth!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT