ADVERTISEMENT

This article is the biggest joke I have ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a troll, just a regular Carolina fan. I think with their returning offense, including Watson and the returning tall wide receiver that was injured last year, they will be a dominating offense, at least on paper. I too was expecting a blowout when we played them, but it did not materialize. Playing them there though might be different. I wish I was wrong, but I believe their offense will be very good. We would have to play our A game for sure, perhaps our A+ game at that.
Beating them in Death Valley seems completely improbable, but should be fantastic experience for McIlwain if he's given that opportunity.

Upstate Gamecock still thinks that he can say something completely improbable,drop a few"we feel" and "us" comments and act like he has an entourage of Carolina fans that share his sentiments.I think Muschamp is working hard,I think he will do a good job..He is a regular visiter to area high schools and will close the talent gap..However,to predict that Clemson will not field an unbelievable offense this year,that's just ridiculous..,
Clemson may have the best offense college football has ever seen next season. They won't win it all, I think Alabama is going to be too deep and too tough on defense, but Clemson might literally have the greatest offense we have ever seen in college football. Quote it, screenshot it, call me out on it next season if I'm wrong, but just know you heard it here first.

Clemson may have the best offense college football has ever seen next season. They won't win it all, I think Alabama is going to be too deep and too tough on defense, but Clemson might literally have the greatest offense we have ever seen in college football. Quote it, screenshot it, call me out on it next season if I'm wrong, but just know you heard it here first.
giphy.gif

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Our defense did well enough against Bama, better than Bama's defense did against our offense. Special teams cost us the win and that's what has to be fixed going forward. Dabo has done a great job fixing Clemson's problems, so I am confident special teams will be substantially improved this year. http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400852743

And the final score was.....? Your team just wasn't good enough. No natty championship trophy in your case for last year. I believe Bama has that.

I might be mistaken but I don't think so

I suspect you never saw the great Oklahoma teams that smoked everybody or some of Leach's offfenses or June Jones or ad infinitum. Clemmy gets statistics against 2nd rate competition. Figures don't lie but any liar can figure. or is that over your head ?

Your defense gave up 5 touchdowns and 473 total yards to the Alabama offense.

You scored with 12 seconds left to make it look close on the scoreboard. Exactly the opposite of Auburn's lost to Alabama.

I want the Clemson fans to think they will have a cakewalk at Auburn. It wouldn't surprise me if Clemson loses by two TDs and Watson leaves the game early.

so, it's kind of like SC scoring with 1 sec left vs Clem to make it look close?

Reactions: clemtiger117
I didn't read all responses. Sure Clempson will be good, but if you think as good once Watson leaves your kidding yourself. He's elite. Another Watson isn't waiting in the wings just like another Lattimore or Clowney was waiting. These kids are elite and don't come along every 4 years.

so, it's kind of like SC scoring with 1 sec left vs Clem to make it look close?
It's more like clemsux scoring in the last seconds vs AL. The score would have been 45-33. Doesn't have that "we almost won" ring to it, huh?

And Watson was lucky, AL dropped at least 2 interceptions in the 4th qt alone and he recovered a fumble. Coulda been a lot worse.

Ok...This thread has been hijacked in the worst way. I made the OP and my issue was not if Clemson is better than us now or not, clearly they are light years ahead. My point was that the article says they are to be mentioned in the top class of college football, as if now they are a power in college football like Alabama. As if they should be mentioned in the same breath as the elite of college football. They are not and that is why I said the article is a joke.

Ok...This thread has been hijacked in the worst way. I made the OP and my issue was not if Clemson is better than us now or not, clearly they are light years ahead. My point was that the article says they are to be mentioned in the top class of college football, as if now they are a power in college football like Alabama. As if they should be mentioned in the same breath as the elite of college football. They are not and that is why I said the article is a joke.
clemsux might think they're on the same level as AL because they played 1 game against them, but they're no AL.

What do you expect? You start having Clempson posters here bored from their own forums trying to increase their delusions even more.

They won't make playoffs next year.

They are not " light years" ahead of us. At all
Everything can change in one season as we saw two years ago
I think everything will change after Watson goes, but not before. Clemson has a lot of talent, but he's the difference between Clemson now and Clemson before he came. He's really the only difference. They've had great wide receivers for many years. Their defense has improved a little, but Watson is the difference.

It isn't even about "taking up for Clemsux" !! It's about looking at the sport with an objective and open mind. I'M A FAN OF THE GAME OF FOOTBALL, AND SO NATURALLY, I RESPECT WHAT DABO HAS PUT TOGETHER AT CLEMSON. I pull for Carolina, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate something special. I think Saban is an animal. Maybe the best coach ever. Does that make me an Alabama fan?? Absolutely not, but I still think he's a far better coach then anything South Carolina or CLEMSON has ever had or ever will have. Want my negative thoughts about Clemson? I think Dabo is the best salesman/actor in college football. It works, and obviously he gets the job done, but I 100% think the performance he puts on for the media is an act. I also believe that being a fan of Clemson football is like a cult. Unfortunately for us, Dabo currently has a massive following and it's only getting bigger. For MOST fans, you either love them, or you despise them. There is not really an in between.
The only defense Gamecock fans have on why Clempson made it to the NC is because of playing in the ACC. There's no defense from the Clempson side that they had the easiest route to the playoffs and even then they came close to coughing up games with Louisville, Notre Dame, Syracause, and South Carolina. They beat FSU at home, Oklahoma at neutral site. That's it.. There's really no other win that stands out compared to the other teams that played in the playoffs. (Oklahoma loss to Texas made them massively suspect as well)

Everything else you might hear from a Gamecock fan is just pure smoke. Clempson had done a great job getting better the last 3-4 years. Before they had great athletes but were horrible as a team. It appears they have changed that and have begun to meld as a team. That's a dangerous concept for them to have because that's what kept the 5 game streak alive for South Carolina. Our players worked well as a team (with an edge to better coaching)

1 sec left? Get out of our here with your embellishments. I bet you would be screaming bloody murder if a Gamecock fan was saying Clemson scored at the last second just to keep the Alabama/Clempson game close.

Umm he isnt embellishing anything... You literally scored with 1 second left...

SC.png
TD @ 0:01
Shon Carson catches a 11 yard pass from Perry Orth (Elliott Frykick is good).Drive: 7 plays, 61 yards in 01:21.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/gametracker/boxscore/NCAAF_20151128_CLEM@SC

Reactions: LegalTiger
So was Clempson in full control of the game and the TD was really only to keep the game close?
Is that what the common Clempson thought is?

We were up 12 with 1:21 to go.... I would say yes we were in pretty good control of the game.

And what does that have to do with the fact that nothing was embellished and you did in fact score with 1 second left on the clock?

We were up 12 with 1:21 to go.... I would say yes we were in pretty good control of the game.

And what does that have to do with the fact that nothing was embellished and you did in fact score with 1 second left on the clock?
Alabama was up 12 with 1:07 to go... I would say yes Alabama was pretty good control of the game.

Clempson scoring with 12 seconds left only was only to keep the score close.

Do you see where I'm going with this or are the purple and orange shades still on?

This is clemsux117 all day long. He's on his rival's board because he "loves to talk sports". Yet somehow his comments always end up trying to teach Carolina fans a lesson or proving us wrong. Typical clemsux troll.

This is clemsux117 all day long. He's on his rival's board because he "loves to talk sports". Yet somehow his comments always end up trying to teach Carolina fans a lesson or proving us wrong. Typical clemsux troll.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen a lot of posts that are pretty level headed and he typically doesn't give into other Gamecock flamers that show up on FGF.

Alabama was up 12 with 1:07 to go... I would say yes Alabama was pretty good control of the game.

Clempson scoring with 12 seconds left only was only to keep the score close.

Do you see where I'm going with this or are the purple and orange shades still on?
The clemsux fans don't want to acknowledge this. Plus, in the 4th qt alone, AL dropped 2 interceptions & watson recovered a fumble. Coulda been a lot worse.

The clemsux fans don't want to acknowledge this. Plus, in the 4th qt alone, AL dropped 2 interceptions & watson recovered a fumble. Coulda been a lot worse.
What's funny is the OP and the article stated Clempson and Dabo became the cool team because he dances in the locker room.

Not quiet sure how this thread go so diverted...

By god... if that's what the kids want today as a coach... then we need to go find a cheerleader for a coach. I'll deal with it if it means putting the Gamecocks in the football playoff.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen a lot of posts that are pretty level headed and he typically doesn't give into other Gamecock flamers that show up on FGF.
You'll see. He's "level headed" enough to keep from being banned. Most of the time he's pretty much the typical arrogant clemsux jerk.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to spend my free time on taternet, telling all the clemsux fans they're wrong. Strange hobby....

What's funny is the OP and the article stated Clempson and Dabo became the cool team because he dances in the locker room.

Not quiet sure how this thread go so diverted...

By god... if that's what the kids want today as a coach... then we need to go find a cheerleader for a coach. I'll deal with it if it means putting the Gamecocks in the football playoff.
Agreed. That's just one guy's opinion & why the OP said it was a joke. Most people still think he looks like a clown dancing & haven't forgotten his other antics, picking up a reporter on the field and screaming like a girl when they won.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heyward1
Agreed. That's just one guy's opinion & why the OP said it was a joke. Most people think he looks like a clown & haven't forgotten his other antics, picking up a reporter on the field and screaming like a girl when they won.
Seeing some of Dabo's rants reminds me of Ricky Bobby at 1:38 on this youtube...

It's more like clemsux scoring in the last seconds vs AL. The score would have been 45-33. Doesn't have that "we almost won" ring to it, huh?

And Watson was lucky, AL dropped at least 2 interceptions in the 4th qt alone and he recovered a fumble. Coulda been a lot worse.

Exactly my point....It's more like SC scoring in the last seconds vs CU. The score would have been 37-25. Doesn't have that "we almost won" ring to it, huh?

See the hypocrisy?

Exactly my point....It's more like SC scoring in the last seconds vs CU. The score would have been 37-25. Doesn't have that "we almost won" ring to it, huh?

See the hypocrisy?
Hilarious! Do you see the hypocrisy?? It's okay for clemsux to score at the last minute to be within 5 of AL, but when Carolina does it, clemsux dominated! Wow.

1 sec left? Get out of our here with your embellishments. I bet you would be screaming bloody murder if a Gamecock fan was saying Clemson scored at the last second just to keep the Alabama/Clempson game close.

1 sec left? Yes. Embellishments? No.

My point is...in both games the loser scored in the last secs to make it look closer than it actually was. Yet SC fans credit themselves for only losing by 5, yet claim Clemson really lost by 12, because the last score "didn't really count" 33-45.

1 sec left? Yes. Embellishments? No.

My point is...in both games the loser scored in the last secs to make it look closer than it actually was. Yet SC fans credit themselves for only losing by 5, yet claim Clemson really lost by 12, because the last score "didn't really count" 33-45.
Now you're straight up lying. No Carolina fan said the last score didn't count & clemsux lost by 12.

Hilarious! Do you see the hypocrisy?? It's okay for clemsux score at the last minute to be within 5 of AL, but when Carolina does it, clemsux dominated! Wow.

I missed the part where I said Clemson dominated. But, I think we may actually agree...both teams scored in the last secs to make it appear closer than it really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT