ADVERTISEMENT

This coaching search

Jul 3, 2009
It started out as Tom Herman and Kirby Smart. (and it still might be one of those 2)

or

It might end up being- Charlie Strong, Will Muschamp, Larry Fedora or Chad Morris.

Don't that get you excited?

I hope to God that Tanner doesn't hire Strong, Muschamp, Fedora, or Morris. I'm still hoping that all this Herman stuff is a smoke screen to keep his team focused, then after the season he signs with us.

With the way the game is set up for offense now we need an offensive guy. U know like spurrier was supposed to be.

We also need a hard A like Muschamp personality to get these kids focused on strength and conditioning

Just have a feeling it's Dan Mullen. After being linked to Herman and Smart, to go to Mullen would be akin to being linked to Kate Upton but, ending up with Kaley Cuoco.

Just have a feeling it's Dan Mullen. After being linked to Herman and Smart, to go to Mullen would be akin to being linked to Kate Upton but, ending up with Kaley Cuoco.
If it's not TH or KS I will be somewhat disappointed. In this situation I do not want Fedora... He was about to be fired at UNC just last summer. Nor do I want Rich Rod...he's great one season and bad the next. Here's where I differ with many of you = I think Lane Kiffin would be a good/great hire. He's always been a relentless recruiter. I think his failure at SCal was a painful but tremendous learning process. Now he has worked for Saban. He has improved Bama's passing game, and learned their recruiting system, which only makes him better. Last year's loss to OSU reflects badly on the defense moreso than their offense. Wherever he goes next, will be a big success.

Muschamp would be an epic fail. Strong is a misfit at Texas and would be perfect here.

Strong's failure thus far at Texas is the result of establishment of big Texas donors hating him. And the Texas HS offenses and defenses are predicated on the spread and finesse and not on power which is his preference. SEC style football is much more to his liking. And the HSs in the SouthEast play it better.

I have lived in Texas for two years. Watched many HS games. The HS football is pathetic here. Vastly overrated. Good receivers, but that is about it. No tackling. My kid in Middle School got no instruction in how to tackle. Good thing he plays Rugby so he know how to tackle already.

CS would not just be a good backup but a long term home run hire. And if Mason is fired at Vandy, he would be one of two African-American coaches in the conference.

Go Strong instead of Smart.

It started out as Tom Herman and Kirby Smart. (and it still might be one of those 2)

or

It might end up being- Charlie Strong, Will Muschamp, Larry Fedora or Chad Morris.

Don't that get you excited?
I hope we don't have to "settle" for anyone after the "or". If Strong can't win at Texas, he can't win anywhere against non-ACC competition, Muschamp has shown (IMO) he does not have the right demaenor to be head coach, Fedora hasn't been "tearing it up" on the recruiting front while at UNC, and Morris is just Morris.

Muschamp failed at his first major job. Course he also got to the Sugar bowl one season and beat the breaks off of us. Seriously I would not write him off. If he made good hires and learned from his mistakes ( experience is the best teacher) I would consider him. However, I don't think he's really in the race here, but I also don't think Herman is or even has been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT