ADVERTISEMENT

This is the scary part of the game tomorrow, to me anyway. No one knows,

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
except for the coaches and players how much the OL and defense have improved. And those two things, as we all know, are the keys to us winning tomorrow. I think significant improvement from the OL will be necessary from last year to give us a chance to win. And while we do have some experience returning on the OL I'm concerned about the talent level at those positions up front.

Surely, there will be improvement on defense since that is Muschamp's speciality.

But win or lose tomorrow I will be rooting for my Gamecocks and will still be a Gamecock fan regardless of the outcome of the game.

I like the fact that we will be facing one of the top d-lines in the country right off the bat. If you want to find out how good you are, go up against the best you can and that's what we are about to do. Tomorrow will tell us how much we've improved on the offensive line, if at all. We won't have to play 5 or 6 games to find out.

except for the coaches and players how much the OL and defense have improved. And those two things, as we all know, are the keys to us winning tomorrow. I think significant improvement from the OL will be necessary from last year to give us a chance to win. And while we do have some experience returning on the OL I'm concerned about the talent level at those positions up front.

Surely, there will be improvement on defense since that is Muschamp's speciality.

But win or lose tomorrow I will be rooting for my Gamecocks and will still be a Gamecock fan regardless of the outcome of the game.
We have a talent advantage on State. Don't let their hype get you too worried. If we don't turn it over 3-4 times we should win this game. Hope they come out half cocked and cocky 'cause if they do we certainly will give them a huge surprise.

I like the fact that we will be facing one of the top d-lines in the country right off the bat. If you want to find out how good you are, go up against the best you can and that's what we are about to do. Tomorrow will tell us how much we've improved on the offensive line, if at all. We won't have to play 5 or 6 games to find out.

+1. If something needs to be fixed best to identify it this early.

Hmmmm very very nice post Captain Obvious. So if our oline handles their dline we will be ok? Great, ill be back i have to call everyone i know and tell them

Hmmmm very very nice post Captain Obvious. So if our oline handles their dline we will be ok? Great, ill be back i have to call everyone i know and tell them
That's the one key to this game. NC State has a very suspect defensive backfield which is masked by their defensive line being so dominant. Our defense should be able to make enough stops and our offense should be able to score a lot of points if we can block them up front. If we control their defensive line and still can't score then we have way more issues than we thought.

Thank you for pointing that out. Now go play in the road.

Reactions: JOEFANATIC
Definitely will not develop any false confidence in the online after the game. Coach will know what they have and what to work on.

Talent advantage?! How do you figure?

NCST
2014- 30/3 (Team recruiting rank/4*'s signed)
2015- 35/5
2016- 43/2

USC
2014- 16/10
2015- 19/11
2016- 26/7

Plus, the Gamecocks have that SEC speed... :cool:

Freddie's first "I'm worried this week about ________" post of the season, that means it's almost gametime!!!!

Just messing with you Freddie!

I look at it this way....both units might not be GREAT but bother should be improved and at this point I think I'm content with that

Reactions: jawdropper
I like this game...they are strong where we need the most improvement. I like to find out where a team is at early in the season. We will get a good read on our team from this game. Like someone mentioned..we have talent on the OL...just needed to be coached up.NCS relies on that DL to win....if we can neutralize that DL somewhat....we are going to hit on some plays. It is going to be a dogfight.

We have too many question marks to count. OL- who knows!! Lots of talented guys but they are under a new coach we're pretty bad last year..

DL- returns a lot... a lot of people who couldn't rush the passer last year!

LB- great corner of starters, AIR backing them up

DBs- we have THREE. THREE on the whole damn roster worth talking about... beyond that it is freshmen and former WALK ON WIDE RECEIVERS!!!

Oh and then-
ST- new kicker, new punter and likely to have a true freshman returning many of the kicks!

All of the offensive skill positions are talented and deep, but pretty much everything else on the team is an unknown.

Not true.

There is a reason NC State is favored. They are a few years ahead of us in terms of their program.

Doesn't mean we can't win. Does mean they should win.

We have a talent advantage on State. Don't let their hype get you too worried. If we don't turn it over 3-4 times we should win this game. Hope they come out half cocked and cocky 'cause if they do we certainly will give them a huge surprise.

Talent advantage is not measured based on recruiting rankings when players were in high school.

You could have made the same comparison with South Florida last year and they walked off the field with a win and our players talking about how good they were.

NCST
2014- 30/3 (Team recruiting rank/4*'s signed)
2015- 35/5
2016- 43/2

USC
2014- 16/10
2015- 19/11
2016- 26/7

Plus, the Gamecocks have that SEC speed... :cool:

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Talent advantage is not measured based on recruiting rankings when players were in high school.

You could have made the same comparison with South Florida last year and they walked off the field with a win and our players talking about how good they were.

This. If this was the case we wouldn't be 3-9, 6-6 the last 2 years.

This game will be a good barometer of where we are. We have question marks for several squads (just like everyone else). Our OL is the one area of concern that most of us are focused on, not only the starters but the depth behind them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT