ADVERTISEMENT

This stuff needs to end

There is a lot of bad blood between these 2 schools, ever since the WBB games. It has boiled over into all sports. I say, bring it.

I think the bad blood goes back further than that. I'm reminded of the USC-Mizzou football game at Mizzou back in 2012 - as best I can recall Mizzou was undefeated, 6-0, and we beat them - they went on to win the rest of their games AND the SEC Eastern Division. I don't think they like us.:)

Last edited:
There is a lot of bad blood between these 2 schools, ever since the WBB games. It has boiled over into all sports. I say, bring it.

I totally remember someone on this site after the WBB game with Mizzou making the comment about revenge when they came for football. I don't like the behavior, but....they can sue if they want to.

GOCOCKS! BEATTAM!

Same thing I said to my husband after the game. Horn just names tackles, no showboating. He is a role model. Maybe the older guys can learn from him.

I have to disagree with this. Horn is a really great player but he got a 15 yarder last week at Ky after a 3rd down play where we had stopped them. He came all the way across the field to talk crap when he wasn't even involved in the play.
Count me in the crowd of old farts who think this needs to be stopped. There's no place in sports for this kind of thuggish behavior. Like someone else said, we've turned into Miami.

I have to disagree with this. Horn is a really great player but he got a 15 yarder last week at Ky after a 3rd down play where we had stopped them. He came all the way across the field to talk crap when he wasn't even involved in the play.
Count me in the crowd of old farts who think this needs to be stopped. There's no place in sports for this kind of thuggish behavior. Like someone else said, we've turned into Miami.
I recall there being a lot of talk about discipline from the coaching staff. That doesn't look like discipline to me.

Reactions: The Garnet Baron
Same thing I said to my husband after the game. Horn just names tackles, no showboating. He is a role model. Maybe the older guys can learn from him.
The ass chewing for his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against KY must have taught him something.

Swagger is when you talk and back it up...see Swearinger. Fenton is average and talks junk after giving up a 15 yard gain. He certainly is not as good as his talk. Montac is the same (see him taking off and running in a celebratory manner after tackling their RB AFTER a 6 yard gain in first down).

I much prefer the Devin Taylors and Melvin Ingrams of the world...you knew they were impacting a game because of their play, not their mouths.

I’m all for emotion, especially on D, but it is hard to talk a lot of junk to a team you gave up 35 points and 10,000 rush yards to.

Pretty sure i saw more than two folks in that video..
I saw Kinlaw in there,,, and i dont think he can be accused of not backing anything up.
I never said those were the only two. Nor have I, and I don’t care to, watch the post game video. I referenced things that happened during the game and I know that those are not the only two. But they are the consistent ones. Call me old school, call me what you want, but I’ve always preferred to let your playing do you’re talking. If you are good, people will notice without you having to run your mouth. See Marcus Lattimore, Connor Shaw, Devonte Holloman, and the list goes on.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Where were the complaints when DJ was doing this kind of stuff day in and day out? Oh that's right...it's ok if we're winning.
But wait...we won Saturday.
Make up you minds folks.

Then again, I'm that person that wants the DBs to get the early 15 called against them for all but taking out the WR. Makes the WR think every time they run that route later. (Again, shades of Cully, DJ, Stephon, et al. when no body cared if they did it.)

Where were the complaints when DJ was doing this kind of stuff day in and day out? Oh that's right...it's ok if we're winning.
Make up you minds folks.
I respect your opinion more than most on this board, but if you can find posts during that time, you’ll see I didn’t like it then. As a former coach, I taught my kids to let your play do your talking.

I respect your opinion more than most on this board, but if you can find posts during that time, you’ll see I didn’t like it then. As a former coach, I taught my kids to let your play do your talking.
That's just it. Those guys did.
Will not disagree. The ones we have now give up 15 and showboat. Turn around and get a PI, and celebrate. Give up 9, showboat.

Again, I don’t like the talk, but that is why I stated earlier that swag is when you talk junk and back it up. I mentioned DJ by name.

Fenton would have been benched by me. He kept on running his mouth after the penalty. I would have threw another flag if I had been the referee and ejected him. Champ needs to send him a message. Hes not even that good. Montac is also in that boat.

I was there on Saturday and several Gamecock defensive players were talking endless smack all game long. Granted, USC came back to win, but the defense shouldn't be saying a damned thing when they gave up nearly 500 yards. I liked the fight and intensity as that's what it takes to win a close game, but you can play hard without acting classless. You can bet Mizzou will have that game circled on their calendar next year.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
If you talk trash when you are getting your arse whipped (individually and/or your team) then you are STUPID. Like coaches always say "you can coach mistakes but you can't coach stupid."

WRONG! He said do not question the teams effort, but they DO NOT always play smart or disciplined! Listen to the press conference!
NO .... RIGHT!! As he turned away from the reporter on the field, he spoke about the discipline of the team!

The only thing that pissed me off during the game... #16 was taunting the Mizzou's sideline while getting beat on a lot of plays...
Make up you minds folks.

Then again, I'm that person that wants the DBs to get the early 15 called against them for all but taking out the WR. Makes the WR think every time they run that route later. (Again, shades of Cully, DJ, Stephon, et al. when no body cared if they did it.)
I'm pretty sure DJ didn't talk smack after he just got beat... but he might have. I only remember one (notable) taunting penalty on him, though. After a gigantic hit.

Make up you minds folks.

DJ backed it up. Fenton gets beat. Receivers get an easy 10 yard catch. Fenton comes running up to talk trash after he just gave up a 1st down. It happens over and over. I don’t get it.

Make up you minds folks.

Like when Gilmore set the tone with Julio Jones against Alabama by ripping his helmet off on the tackle. Loved it

I was there on Saturday and several Gamecock defensive players were talking endless smack all game long. Granted, USC came back to win, but the defense shouldn't be saying a damned thing when they gave up nearly 500 yards. I liked the fight and intensity as that's what it takes to win a close game, but you can play hard without acting classless. You can bet Mizzou will have that game circled on their calendar next year.
Circle away, we will beat that ass again

I saw nothing that I do not see in any other college football game. Football is an an aggressive sport, preferable played by aggressive men

WINNING, DUH !!

tenor.gif

You can bet Mizzou will have that game circled on their calendar next year.

I'm sure they will...just like they have ever since 2012. So what? Let 'em; that goes both ways. In case you didn't notice, they don't like us, and we don't like them, to put it (I hope) mildly enough for certain posters here. That's not just women's BB either. Ever since they got in the league, they've been determined to start a really mean rivalry with us whether we wanted it or not, pretty much across the board, and now, they got their wish. I just wish we were good enough to not just beat them, but beat them like a rented mule!

Reactions: South Cack
I never said those were the only two. Nor have I, and I don’t care to, watch the post game video. I referenced things that happened during the game and I know that those are not the only two. But they are the consistent ones. Call me old school, call me what you want, but I’ve always preferred to let your playing do you’re talking. If you are good, people will notice without you having to run your mouth. See Marcus Lattimore, Connor Shaw, Devonte Holloman, and the list goes on.
i agree. i just have to show one example....
giphy.gif

Thats what this team is missing.. DJ was loud, hyper,,, and made statements with his play as well..

Reactions: cockofdawn
Missouri has an entire campus with a poor attitude - protesting everything, whining, etc. I read somewhere the # of applicants applying to the school was steadily dropping.
They are pros at this. They have nothing better to do than make jackasses out of themselves and their admin has no backbone. If they did, they would have put a stop to the antics of these privileged whiny students. Bad karma is a bitch and Mo is getting a good taste of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT