ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on football team

Going into a game with a really good opponent, you have to coach with the mindset that we can win, but we have to give our team a chance. Coach, in games like this, play it close to the vest!! Your fake punt attempt sends a message to your team that we need trickery to play with Ole Miss. I wonder what that call did for the players mentally when we did not make it. Huge risk sooo early. Secondly, why in the hell was the second team quarterback in the game on the next series???? Coach, we need to roll the quarterback out more often creating more time to go through progressions and more crossing routes for the slot and wideout and oh please don't forget about the tight ends, big targets in the middle of the field to make their safeties have to concentrate on them some and potentially creating more one on one situations with the wide out. We have a good running quarterback and we need him to run more and if he is unable to go, Robby can run also. This game was on the coaches who set the tone early. We may have lost anyway, but in order to give us a chance we needed to approach this game totally differently. Yes I am very disappointed in what I see from a coaching (on the offensive side) standpoint. Kudos to the defensive effort for the day. Give your team a chance going forward and don't make trickery such a component so early in any game, regardless of opponent. I felt that we outsmarted ourselves with the first two series of this game. I expect better coaching. Lastly, discipline has to be a major part, too many penalties, which we should have learned that cost us the LSU game. Get it together team/coaches!!!

The main issue is that we don't have much of an offense in general as our best players on offense are walking out the door at the end of each season.

From a talent perspective, we were completely overmatched in the Ole Miss game - especially from an offense perspective because 1) Sellers is a new starter 2) All new receivers 3) New RBs.

Good skill players now cost money and, unlike Ole Miss, we don't seem to have much for that cause.

Hence, you have to take chances. This is how we were able to bust out to a 17-0 lead on LSU in the first half -- by taking chances.

Live by the sword. Die by the sword.

In terms QB play, I don't see a problem trying to feel out which QB might have a better impact on the game -- especially given Sellers was clearly not 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT