ADVERTISEMENT

Threepeat!!!! SEC Championship!

myrtlecock

Nov 30, 1998
You know I was switching back and forth between the games. And just when I let out a Go Cocks because we had won the SEC for the third time in a row in women's basketball I switched over to the baseball game. And of course it was just in time to see Beer hit the Homer and tie it up. Agony and ecstasy. I know it was women's basketball. I know that was Clemson we were playing in baseball. In the grand scheme of things what will really be remembered 20 years from now? I came on this board knowing full well what I would see. A whole first page of people calling for the baseball coaches head and not one mention of a third straight SEC Championship. What other program hates themself this much?

You know I was switching back and forth between the games. And just when I let out a Go Cocks because we had won the SEC for the third time in a row in women's basketball I switched over to the baseball game. And of course it was just in time to see Beer hit the Homer and tie it up. Agony and ecstasy. I know it was women's basketball. I know that was Clemson we were playing in baseball. In the grand scheme of things what will really be remembered 20 years from now? I came on this board knowing full well what I would see. A whole first page of people calling for the baseball coaches head and not one mention of a third straight SEC Championship. What other program hates themself this much?
That's a great question actually. Excellent post sir! There are a lot of whiny little b!tche$ in our fan base.

Reactions: myrtlecock
Ponder this fact...Every player that contributed to this weekends triumph will return next season in addition to 4 terrific freshmen..It was a fantastic weekend for Coach Staley's magnificent program

It speaks volumes this is what one would hang their hat on after a rivalry loss in a major sport. It is nice the women won but not something to brag about.

Great post lawcalcock. I bet you won a lot of participation trophies as a kid

Ponder this fact...Every player that contributed to this weekends triumph will return next season in addition to 4 terrific freshmen..It was a fantastic weekend for Coach Staley's magnificent program
So you mean they will return to see UCONN win it again? Or something else? Please explain...

Still hard to believe we beat that big Miss State team without Coates. Even held them to 49 points. I figured we could do it if we sped the game up. Still impressive that they pulled out the victory.

what a taterish thing to say..If you don't think they are good enough to beat UCONN, you know nothing about basketball...
Lawcal, you should join the insiders forum. Many over there would appreciate your knowledge of the wbb team & they won't make ridiculous comments questioning why you love the program like some here try to do.

Still hard to believe we beat that big Miss State team without Coates. Even held them to 49 points. I figured we could do it if we sped the game up. Still impressive that they pulled out the victory.

The ferocious pace Cuevas set the first 15 minutes is why Miss ST had nothing left in the 4rth...Schaefer made a huge tactical mistake pressing so much

Lawcal, you should join the insiders forum. Many over there would appreciate your knowledge of the wbb team & they won't make ridiculous comments questioning why you love the program like some here try to do.

Thank you...i appreciate that...I am considering it because there are so many taters and negative crybabies here...But i just don't feel good about paying for "inside info"...It's not the money, it's the concept that bothers me..Where does the so called inside info come from...If it's HS coaches or prospects family members, Kornblut gets most of that...If it's University employees or staff members, someone needs to be fired...

Reactions: cockylady50
what a taterish thing to say..If you don't think they are good enough to beat UCONN, you know nothing about basketball...
They aren't good enough to beat UCONN. So either I know nothing about basketball, or you're flat out wrong. Let's see what happens and reconvene...

They aren't good enough to beat UCONN. So either I know nothing about basketball, or you're flat out wrong. Let's see what happens and reconvene...

Dude please hush!! They gave UCONN a very good game at Storr's with Kaela and Harris going a combined 1-18 and Harrigan was in her slump at that time...On a neutral floor there is no doubt we can take UCONN out

Dude please hush!! They gave UCONN a very good game at Storr's with Kaela and Harris going a combined 1-18 and Harrigan was in her slump at that time...On a neutral floor there is no doubt we can take UCONN out
We are good. UCONN is great. If we beat them, then I will eat crow. Just trying to be realistic here...don't see it happening.

We are good. UCONN is great. If we beat them, then I will eat crow. Just trying to be realistic here...don't see it happening.
Good doesn't accomplish what this program has for the past 4 years...We haven't grabbed the NCAA title yet...But it's coming

You are not being realistic. You are being a coward. Heading your bets. Put on your big girl panties and head over to taternet. Cowardly fan small person.

Thank you...i appreciate that...I am considering it because there are so many taters and negative crybabies here...But i just don't feel good about paying for "inside info"...It's not the money, it's the concept that bothers me..Where does the so called inside info come from...If it's HS coaches or prospects family members, Kornblut gets most of that...If it's University employees or staff members, someone needs to be fired...
You answered your own question. You pay to be free of trash like SOS and 80cock. That's worth the price of admission right there.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Good to see some on here savoring this moment as much as I do. Stop and smell the roses people. We have an absolute Dynasty. Yeah yeah yeah UConn blah blah blah. What they're doing is unprecedented in all of sports so that's a little too much to be expected. 10 years ago if you had told me our women's team would unseat Tennessee and win three and four straight championships even if it's just in our league I would have said that was too much to be expected. This is awesome and there's a few not appreciating it are missing out.

In addition to the 4 terrific freshman, Kentucky transfer Alexis Jennings (a 6ft 2inch forward) will be eligible after sitting out this year.

Reactions: lawcalcock
You are not being realistic. You are being a coward. Heading your bets. Put on your big girl panties and head over to taternet. Cowardly fan small person.
I'm a coward? That really means a lot coming from someone who doesn't even know the English language. Heading your bets...wtf does that mean?

Saw this comment on the Mississippi State message board. It shows the respect other SEC programs have for ours. Too bad some of our own fans can't appreciate the accomplishments of our WBB team.

017, 03:49 PM#127LC Dawg
user-offline.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png

vCash

Some of the fouls were frustrating but SC is out working us. They expected to win this game and we wanted to win it. We'll get there but SC is doing what winners do.

In addition to the 4 terrific freshman, Kentucky transfer Alexis Jennings (a 6ft 2inch forward) will be eligible after sitting out this year.

There is no question Coach Staley has built this program for the long haul...Now all she has to do is find another A'ja Wilson is the next 8 months:D...The University is not paying her enough...She flat out get's it done...

Saw this comment on the Mississippi State message board. It shows the respect other SEC programs have for ours. Too bad some of our own fans can't appreciate the accomplishments of our WBB team.

017, 03:49 PM#127LC Dawg
user-offline.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png

vCash

Some of the fouls were frustrating but SC is out working us. They expected to win this game and we wanted to win it. We'll get there but SC is doing what winners do.

That's very gracious...But if they want to talk about frustrating fouls, i can recall the hair on the back of my neck curling while sitting there boo'ing all the charge calls..We lost 10 points to flops in that game...That last charge called on Allisha Gray after her steal was so bad, the official should have looked for place to hide...Yet she had the audacity to try and explain the call to Dawn...Even MissSt fans knew it was BS

That's very gracious...But if they want to talk about frustrating fouls, i can recall the hair on the back of my neck curling while sitting there boo'ing all the charge calls..We lost 10 points to flops in that game...That last charge called on Allisha Gray after her steal was so bad, the official should have looked for place to hide...Yet she had the audacity to try and explain the call to Dawn...Even MissSt fans knew it was BS
They were calling charges every time we drove all the way to the basket. Davis realized she had to pull up short and shoot a short jumper while driving, if she went all the way she'd have been called for the charge like Gray was several times.

":
You answered your own question. You pay to be free of trash like SOS and 80cock. That's worth the price of admission right there.
Trash...I love it. Guess what folks didn't talk about this morning. WBB. They did however remind everyone that Clemson has beat us in Football, Basketball, and Baseball this year. As I said it's not that WBB winning isn't cool, it's just that to trumpet that in the midst of us losing again to Clemson and question which will be remembered is dumb.

Reactions: gamecockblack
":

Trash...I love it. Guess what folks didn't talk about this morning. WBB. They did however remind everyone that Clemson has beat us in Football, Basketball, and Baseball this year. As I said it's not that WBB winning isn't cool, it's just that to trumpet that in the midst of us losing again to Clemson and question which will be remembered is dumb.
I've been talking about it. ESPN has been talking about it. SECN has been talking about it. My friends have been talking about it. The 8000 fans at the game Sunday are talking about it. Millions watching the tournament will be talking about it. You know what WONT be talked about on TV, ESPN, sports talk radio? Our football team. Your non support of our girls is a reflection on you. Not them or there place in sports.

They were calling charges every time we drove all the way to the basket. Davis realized she had to pull up short and shoot a short jumper while driving, if she went all the way she'd have been called for the charge like Gray was several times.

No doubt about it..MissSt is flop city...Hope they realize they wont get those calls in the NCAA tournament...There will be officials from all conferences..There are some refs that know what a block is...My theory is some of these refs merely look to see if the defender is outside the arc..If so they call a charge no matter how late or unstable the defender is...It was pathetic yesterday...If i were Dawn i would have been ejected

I've been talking about it. ESPN has been talking about it. SECN has been talking about it. My friends have been talking about it. The 8000 fans at the game Sunday are talking about it. Millions watching the tournament will be talking about it. You know what WONT be talked about on TV, ESPN, sports talk radio? Our football team. Your non support of our girls is a reflection on you. Not them or there place in sports.
I hear you. Obviously you aren't following the argument. As it isn't about not supporting the WBB. Don't just read the last few responses...start at the top and read down.

I hear you. Obviously you aren't following the argument. As it isn't about not supporting the WBB. Don't just read the last few responses...start at the top and read down.

Roger that. I just want our girls to know we love them too. I think they are awesome.

Roger that. I just want our girls to know we love them too. I think they are awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT