ADVERTISEMENT

*** Thursday Burch update/NLI update

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
A few quick notes here in the aftermath of Jordan Burch's nationally televised commitment to South Carolina, which took place on Wednesday afternoon....

*** From what we have gathered, the possibility of Burch opting to wait until February to sign is not a "new" development; behind the scenes, it has been put forth as a possibility no matter the ultimate destination for a while now.

*** It is true that Burch has expressed an intent to sign alongside other Hammond teammates in February. USC commitment Alex Huntley, who is solid in his pledge, is one Hammond player who will sign during the later period. Two others that should sign (and there will be others) are linebacker Saul Diaz and QB Jackson Muschamp.

*** It is also true that any prospect that is unsigned is still open to be recruited by other programs. It is, of course, preferable for any committed prospect to be signed and delivered during the early period, in terms of the program to which the prospect is committed. The possibility of Burch still signing during the early period has not been ruled out totally that I have heard. I could not accurately give a percentage on the chances either way, but it is certainly possible that he ends up waiting until February.

*** I have not been given any reportable, non-speculative reason as to why Burch would opt to wait, so I could not answer any question as to why he may wait with the level of accuracy that I would like. Just like Huntley, Burch is not an early enrollee and for any prospect that is a summer high school graduate, there is not really a downside to waiting.

*** It's my belief, based on information from multiple sources, that LSU finished second in this recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News