ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger Woods

Then I have to ask...did you vote for Trump? ;) Golf needs Tiger and if you are a golf fan one would see that. Having said that I don't want to see him break Jacks major record.
he will never Break Jack's record, unless you count Senior majors.. He will win the Masters again, May even slip in a British, But he will get two more majors MAX!! He will win this year, something, may be even Wells Fargo, he loves that course, but as far as Jack's majors, next one with a Shot is JT..

Tiger Woods haters---- bunch of damn hypocrites, There is NO PROOF Woods took any PEDS..none.
..he cheated on his wife and while showing emotion, he says a few curse words on the course
.....some of you are holier than thou, pathetic.
Yet many on this site, pull for players on sports teams that have said and done a helluva lot worse

Agree. I was never a Tiger fan. He was a one diminsional cut out, an Elvis poster, a guy groomed to be one thing: an arrogant golfer. The fact that one blonde after another lines up to get involved with him shows the degree to which we are raising up emotionally blind women who want only...I don't know what they want, but an actual man isn't it, too often. He was stuck being 14 years old, and he acted exactly like it.

But that didn't mean I hated him. Raise me like that, I will be the same way, and in many ways probably am. He was irritating and entitled, and he sucked in the Ryder Cup when the other player wasn't afraid of him, but he was raised to be that way.

So now life has given him the education he never got. Life has a way of doing that. I don't expect him to turn into Davis Love III, Arnold Palmer or Jordan Spieth, but if he learns to at least respect the people and circumstances around him, sure I will pull for him. I am pulling for him to be that person. If it weren't for that process, I don't deserve anything.

Tiger Woods haters---- bunch of damn hypocrites, There is NO PROOF Woods took any PEDS..none.
..he cheated on his wife and while showing emotion, he says a few curse words on the course
.....some of you are holier than thou, pathetic.
Yet many on this site, pull for players on sports teams that have said and done a helluva lot worse

My concerns go way back, even prior to the wife. During all his winning, look at how he composed himself in the limelight, and Jack and Arnie, tried early in his career to show him how to honor and appreciate the game, humility (what's that)..........Now at this point he wants to step into the mentor, honor the game roll........I struggle to identify with this because it doesn't feel real it feels like a PR coach has said, dude you only get one more round at this so you might want to make a few friends, and pick up a few fans for the TW brand.

I'm perfectly happy with the Fowler, Spieth, DJ, Thomas brand of golf we have now, with TW 3.0 doing what ever he may do. TW relevance is but one more story, I'd just rather Jack's record remain, the rest just kinda is.

My concerns go way back, even prior to the wife. During all his winning, look at how he composed himself in the limelight, and Jack and Arnie, tried early in his career to show him how to honor and appreciate the game, humility (what's that)..........Now at this point he wants to step into the mentor, honor the game roll........I struggle to identify with this because it doesn't feel real it feels like a PR coach has said, dude you only get one more round at this so you might want to make a few friends, and pick up a few fans for the TW brand.

I'm perfectly happy with the Fowler, Spieth, DJ, Thomas brand of golf we have now, with TW 3.0 doing what ever he may do. TW relevance is but one more story, I'd just rather Jack's record remain, the rest just kinda is.

Cant disagree. In spite of what I said above, what you said has occurred to me too. Has an actually mature person emerged from the train wreck that was bound to happen, or is this another cardboard cut out? Golf is so competitive, and so right in front of everyone, that I think time will show one way or the other; you can't really pretend for very long.

If he doesn't actually win, the mentor role will probably never be given to him: redemption and do-overs are two different things, and he won't get a free do-over. If he wins, and if he wins with class and with new objectives - something other than the glorification of Tiger Woods - he will deserve the mentor role. If either one of those doesn't happen, he wont. So the thing will play itself out as it should, I think.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
PED's work wonders
They were great for his career but he's now used up. The guy went from being a wimpy little guy out of Stanford with loads of talent to being the size of a linebacker in like two years. Well, his now body is wrecked. Go figure.

Then I have to ask...did you vote for Trump? ;) Golf needs Tiger and if you are a golf fan one would see that. Having said that I don't want to see him break Jacks major record.
I don't think you have to worry about that. He could break Snead's record for all-time PGA Tour wins. He only needs about four more.

They were great for his career but he's now used up. The guy went from being a wimpy little guy out of Stanford with loads of talent to being the size of a linebacker in like two years. Well, his now body is wrecked. Go figure.

Where is the proof or even a hint of proof that he used PEDs? Here is a video from 2004 in the middle of Woods run of dominance where he is giving an instructional to a audience. Looks like he is really juiced right? Actually he looks wimpy in this video. But by your calculations, he should have looked like a linebacker 5 years before this. Let me guess, another blind comment with no substance?

Well his Dad said he'd have more influence than Jesus Christ...

giphy.gif

Where is the proof or even a hint of proof that he used PEDs? Here is a video from 2004 in the middle of Woods run of dominance where he is giving an instructional to a audience. Looks like he is really juiced right? Actually he looks wimpy in this video. But by your calculations, he should have looked like a linebacker 5 years before this. Let me guess, another blind comment with no substance?

Sorry boss, I didn't mean to offend the Tiger Woods fan boys. Fact: He added 30 pounds of muscle after he got on the tour.

As for Tiger using Canadian doctors that supplied PEDs to other athletes, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. And it's not like he's ever been tested by the police and found to have multiple drugs in his system. Oh, right.
https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/report-tiger-woods-paid-alex-rodriguezs-doctor-76k-in-2009/

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Suspicious but not definitely probative.

Hard to love Tiger and hard to hate this kinder, gentler version of Tiger.

If Shakespeare were around today, he'd be writing a tragedy about it. Tiger, after all, is the perfect tragic hero.
Dominance/lionization? check
Hubris? check
Tragic flaw? check (read the espn magazine article about him from 2 years ago).
Fall from grace? check
Realizing - perhaps too late - the flaw that makes you vulnerable? check

Is he back? Augusta has a way of checking every Cinderella and every Comeback story starting on #11 on Saturday. That will tell us quite a bit.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Hard to love Tiger and hard to hate this kinder, gentler version of Tiger.

If Shakespeare were around today, he'd be writing a tragedy about it. Tiger, after all, is the perfect tragic hero.
Dominance/lionization? check
Hubris? check
Tragic flaw? check (read the espn magazine article about him from 2 years ago).
Fall from grace? check
Realizing - perhaps too late - the flaw that makes you vulnerable? check

Is he back? Augusta has a way of checking every Cinderella and every Comeback story starting on #11 on Saturday. That will tell us quite a bit.
I just hope it's a great Masters Week in general - good weather and all the contenders able to participate - no repeat of the Dustin Johnson injury for anyone. I just know in my heart he was going to win it. [He never has been quite as dominant since, despite his ranking.]

I can't wait.

So...If you’re not a fan, you’re a hater? The few times I’ve seen him at Tournaments, he always seemed like a “jerk”. No...big deal! I find it peculiar, the way he started having physical problems, after the PGA stated, they would be testing for PED’s. Google PED’s and Athletic injuries...See what it says! Mark McGwire and Alex Rodriguez say Hi!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
So...If you’re not a fan, you’re a hater? The few times I’ve seen him at Tournaments, he always seemed like a “jerk”. No...big deal! I find it peculiar, the way he started having physical problems, after the PGA stated, they would be testing for PED’s. Google PED’s and Athletic injuries...See what it says! Mark McGwire and Alex Rodriguez say Hi!
That swing puts a lot of stress on the joints - and lots of modern players battle injuries due to the torque and resistance in the modern swing. When you resist turning the hips while trying to turn the shoulders as far as you can, and you do that with great intensity, something has to give somewhere. Usually the "somewhere" is the back.

That swing puts a lot of stress on the joints - and lots of modern players battle injuries due to the torque and resistance in the modern swing. When you resist turning the hips while trying to turn the shoulders as far as you can, and you do that with great intensity, something has to give somewhere. Usually the "somewhere" is the back.
I think the "unusual" physique of some of the greatest players helped counteract the torquing/twisiting problem we see today. Think early Jack, Ray Floyd, etc. Of course there are many exceptions - Gary Player being the most notable.

Patrick Reed and Dufner know what I'm talking about.

Tiger was the first modern player (see reference to Gary Player above) to really "juice" his body - either legally or otherwise. Now we see several top players doing the same - Rory and Jason Day, in particular. I hope JT and Jordan keep it real and stay away from the muscle building stuff. It may help in the short term, but it puts too much stress on the back.

I think the "unusual" physique of some of the greatest players helped counteract the torquing/twisiting problem we see today. Think early Jack, Ray Floyd, etc. Of course there are many exceptions - Gary Player being the most notable.

Tiger was the first modern player (see reference to Gary Player above) to really "juice" his body - either legally or otherwise. Now we see several top players doing the same - Rory and Jason Day, in particular. I hope JT and Jordan keep it real and stay away from the muscle building stuff. It may help in the short term, but it puts too much stress on the back.
Rory just came back off of injury not too long ago....and he played about as well as he ever has this past weekend. He tore up the course on Sunday.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Rory just came back off of injury not too long ago....and he played about as well as he ever has this past weekend. He tore up the course on Sunday.
PED's! Look at his body change since he came on tour. Need to put him in this group.

Some people must think PEDs are the only way to gain weight and look like you have muscles. These guys are professional athletes with unlimited amounts of time and money to put in their body...
Did Barry Bonds ever test positive? I'm asking because I really don't know, but I don't think he did.

Not sure if any golfer has tested positive for PED's. Most PED's are designed for endurance sports like cycling. Although I've "endured" some seemingly unending days on the golf course - and since 5-hour rounds are somewhat routine in pro golf, endurance is becoming more of a thing - golf is more about mental than physical.

Beer and nicotine? Definitely. HGH? What's the point in golf?

Reactions: rogue cock
If he was on performance enhancers then likely as not those were for his life off the course lol am I right??

All of them are in the gym now, whatever else they might or might not be doing.

PED's! Look at his body change since he came on tour. Need to put him in this group.
Good lord. He was a chubby boy when he came on tour. He's short, but unlike somebody like Ricky Fowler, he has the structure to carry muscle. He hurt himself last year by swinging the club too many times, trying to decide what clubs to switch to after Nike left him in the lurch. It had nothing to do with his workouts.

Good lord. He was a chubby boy when he came on tour. He's short, but unlike somebody like Ricky Fowler, he has the structure to carry muscle. He hurt himself last year by swinging the club too many times, trying to decide what clubs to switch to after Nike left him in the lurch. It had nothing to do with his workouts.
Whom are we talking about, now?

Never said Tiger was taking them. More than 2/3rds of his fellow golfers don't believe he was either. I'll tend to believe them.
I don't think either are taking. Gets old hearing Tiger is taking but Rory did it naturally.

So if your chubby and get fit, it"s natural . If you're fit and get more fit, you are taking. Makes sense. Has anyone seen Tigers dad? Didn't think he would fill out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT